PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do you think Brady ends his career as a Pat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulThePat

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Listening to an episode of PFW In Progress a few weeks ago and all the jocks in the studio were of the opinion the TB plays for another team before he retires.

To be honest this surprised me. Tom is 32 and hopefully he has another 5 good years in him. While he's still capable of playing to a good level I can't see him being anywhere other than the Patriots. Perhaps if for whatever reason BB moved on then maybe he'd feel less tied to the Pats. Not sure I see Tom as a Brett Favre type who will play on for whoever will pay him until he's into his 40's.

Has Tom ever made any comments on ending his career somewhere else ? Tom Brady is a New England Patriot legend and it will be a sad day if he ever wears another teams colours.

Re: Do You Think Brady Ends His Career A Pat ?

I highly doubt we would see Tom in another teams colors. As long as he and BB are together, the Patriots will be a contender. Going to another team and another coach may not have the same chemistry that he has here.

I think he plays one or maybe two years elsewhere.

Possibly with the Niners.

I hope so :rocker:

Last edited:

I think he plays one or maybe two years elsewhere.

Possibly with the Niners.
I say this if Bill is still here when the time comes that Brady is fading.

Bill wont hesitate to get rid if a good deal comes along in 6 or 7 years. We'll have developed someone by the time it comes around to take over the system.

Gosh Paul I dont know maybe

I hope so. However, I would not be surprised if Brady is traded in the off season.

Seriously ? I think he DOES end up on another team at the end of his career if he wants to go to 38-39... if he's content with another 5 years and goes out at 37, I think there's a 75% he retires a Patriot.

I think there's a decent change he and BB ride off in the sunset the same year... especially if he can pull an Elway and win the big game in his last season.

If whomever is in charge when it comes towards the end is anything like BB, they'll trade him to someone who is looking to put fans in the seats or who thinks he is the difference - and they'll get value for him.

Seriously ? I think he DOES end up on another team at the end of his career if he wants to go to 38-39... if he's content with another 5 years and goes out at 37, I think there's a 75% he retires a Patriot.

I think there's a decent change he and BB ride off in the sunset the same year... especially if he can pull an Elway and win the big game in his last season.

If whomever is in charge when it comes towards the end is anything like BB, they'll trade him to someone who is looking to put fans in the seats or who thinks he is the difference - and they'll get value for him.

Good that everyone still thinks Brady is in his prime.

I hope he does, but you never know. Even the great Joe Montana went on to end his career with a different team.

I hope so. However, I would not be surprised if Brady is traded in the off season.

I would be, since having Hoyer as the only backup doesn't really seem consistent with trading Brady.

I would be, since having Hoyer as the only backup doesn't really seem consistent with trading Brady.

They would have to have someone else of course.

Last edited:

In today's NFL, I wouldn't bet on it. If he retires in his mid to late 30s, it is likely. If tries to get to 40 as he stated, probably not. Thinking Favre was going to play anywhere else other than Green Bay was inconceivable three years ago. The 49ers did the unthinkable and traded away Montana. Keeping Marino seriously hurt the Dolphins who had an awesome defense and no offense since Marino decided to retire two years later than he should have.

If Belichick is still here in 5-10 years, he won't be afraid to bench, cut, or trade Brady if someone comes along who is better. You can't be sentimental in this league. If Brady is happy to carry a clipboard in that case, he will retire here. I don't see Brady happy in a back up role. Nor should a HOF player be designated to a back up role even if his skills are gone.

Last edited:

I doubt Brady will end his career with the Patriots but I hope I am wrong.

If they continue to put garbage around him, he will leave. Brady does not need BB to win a super bowl.

Last edited:

If they continue to put garbage around him, he will leave. Brady does not need BB to win a super bowl.

?? Silly comment.

Moss, Welker at WR. Solid OL. Good backs. Offense catered to his strenghts. Good situation as he'll find anywhere.

Although we never know what the future holds, if desire on all parties involved has anything to do with it -- Brady, Kraft and BB -- my hunch is they find a way to make it work. Brady seems like the type of player, like Bruschi, who would want to spend his entire career with one team.

That is ridiculous.

:rofl: I've seen you say some pretty borderline ******ed stuff on here, but this takes the cake. Randy Moss is garbage? Wes Welker is garbage? Ben Watson is garbage? Has Maroney been playing like garbage lately? Do yourself a favor and root for the Lions for a month. It'll give you perspective that you never even knew you had.

:rofl: I've seen you say some pretty borderline ******ed stuff on here, but this takes the cake. Randy Moss is garbage? Wes Welker is garbage? Ben Watson is garbage? Has Maroney been playing like garbage lately? Do yourself a favor and root for the Lions for a month. It'll give you perspective that you never even knew you had.

Can't add anything to that. Merry Christmas, Kontra.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back