PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do you think any of the players read this board?

Status
Not open for further replies.
they might read it to get a laugh but i would say no no and no.

Agreed, more or less. It wouldn't surprise me if they read it, but I assume/hope that they take it for what it is and know not to give a ****. As long as Belichick likes them, who cares what any of us think?

Last edited:
Agreed, more or less. It wouldn't surprise me if they read it, but I assume/hope that they take it for what it is and know not to give a ****. As long as Belichick likes them, who cares what any of us think?

Are you kidding me? Of course they care.

Brady, Welker, and Belichick have all said this week that it matters to them personally that fans stay to the end of the game and cheer them on.

Moss has griped about some people in New England not wanting him to do well. He wasn't talk about Brady and BB. He was talking about fans and media.

Why did you play sports as a kid? Why do your kids?

Is it in large part cause they like it when other cheers for them and say "good job." These kids are no different.

You can bet your ass that Moss cares when folks here accuse him of taking plays off. Or Maroney gets insulted when folks accuse him of being made of glass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwedd
Post 7: But remember, that was unofficial time. In a real event he'd probably be slower due to gameday pressure, etc.

Post 8: And the track wasn't properly surfaced, either. If he had a proper grass surface, he'd be faster.

Post 9: And safer.

Post 10: Concur.

Post 11: remember, though that this was on FESPN. Who can believe that stuff anyway?

Post 12: There goes Poster 8 again, whining about the track surface. For Cripes sake, 8, when are you just going to just accept that the guy sucks? My grandmother could get out of her grave and push her casket across the finish line faster than him.

Post 13: Do any hot chicks show up to watch the cross country match?

Post 14: No, nobody shows up except a couple parents of some runners.

Post 15: Cross country sucks!

IMO The players care about the cash...its the Benjamins,The Greenbacks,The Pesos they care about,they don't give two sh!ts of what fans think except being popular so they can get thier jerseys sold and do commercials for even bigger money,they play hard not for the fans but more bigger,better lucrative contracts.

The NFL is a business and what are you in business for?.....TO MAKE MONEY

Anyone who feels these pros are caring about what fans think are fooling themselves.

And the sad thing IMO is a good portion of players could not care less if their team wins the super bowl as long as that paycheck is signed weekly

That is not to say there are NO players at all who care about the fans because there are some, but the majority is about making a living,doing what you can to earn more money and caring about the future IMO

But then again isn't making money and enjoying life what all of us NON-Pro athletes are living for?

Last edited:
Post 13: Do any hot chicks show up to watch the cross country match?

Post 14: No, nobody shows up except a couple parents of some runners.

Post 15: Cross country sucks!

post 16: The (select rival team) sucks

Post 17: NO they don't they are great

post 18: your all a bunch of homers. You all need to admit he is made of glass

IMO The players care about the cash...its the Benjamins,The Greenbacks,The Pesos they care about,they don't give two sh!ts of what fans think except being popular so they can get thier jerseys sold and do commercials for even bigger money,they play hard not for the fans but more bigger,better lucrative contracts.

Anyone who feels these pros are caring about what fans think are fooling themselves.

And the sad thing IMO is a good portion of players could not care less if their team wins the super bowl as long as that paycheck is signed weekly

That is not to say there are NO players at all who care about the fans because there are some, but the majority is about making a living,doing what you can to earn more money and caring about the future IMO

But then again isn't making money and enjoying life what all of us NON-Pro athletes are living for?
Its a shame you are so jaded.

I feel bad for you. My sympathies. But that may reflect your reality but not many peoples.

Nurses and doctors who enter their field because they want to help sick people feel better.

Teacher who teach because they love helping young people learn.

I doubt anyone has ever taken a job with the peace corp for the money.

I have a friend who could make double what she makes at the Red Cross, but the job matters to her.

Moss didn't come to NE for more money. He would have made more money staying in Oakland. He came to win. And he certainly cares what fans think.

These kids did sign up for pee wee football for money, most of them signed up because they like winning and having people cheer.

I feel bad for you. My sympathies. But that may reflect your reality but not many peoples.

Nurses and doctors who enter their field because they want to help sick people feel better.

Teacher who teach because they love helping young people learn.

I doubt anyone has ever taken a job with the peace corp for the money.

I have a friend who could make double what she makes at the Red Cross, but the job matters to her.

Moss didn't come to NE for more money. He would have made more money staying in Oakland. He came to win. And he certainly cares what fans think.

These kids did sign up for pee wee football for money, most of them signed up because they like winning and having people cheer.

Drop a portion of players salaries and see how many care about the fans

Some of you live in closed quarters...reality check says its money that makes the player tick.

I guess guys like Mankins and Vincent Jackson are awake at night and upset because the fans are mad at them for not playing at thier current salary :rolleyes:

How many of you would take a reduction in salary or not get a raise and stay in a place even if you loved working there?...I bet 9 of 10 would find another job with better wages.

Money is certainly the root of all evil and I wish it were different in life but it is what it is and IMO the game of pro football is a job,not just something to play on sundays....its fun for us fans but nothing more than one of us putting on a suit and tie monday morning than it is for an NFL player putting on that uniform

Last edited:
Families seem too. As someone mentinoed earlier Gostkowski's father was here (though it could always have been a fake). Also I remember when Moss was signed His GFs father (the kid's grandfather) was on Patriots Planet (though again that might not have been real).

I'm sure players do but none would actually post here I wouldn't think.

I've retold the story here before but several years ago I used to post regularly on the Sox message board. One Thanksgiving night several of us were on late kvetching as usual, in part about whether there was any chance they would sign a frontline FA pitcher they were rumored to be in the hunt for...when guess who stopped by and chatted with us for half an hour in the process of looking for a way onto another board (SOSH). Turns out our young GM and an assistant had eaten turkey dinner at his house that night but he didn't think they would be able to work out a deal...He got the third degree while people scrambled madly to verify he was who he said he was. We asked him to mention his visit the next day if it was really him... He did, and in the end he signed here in part because he liked the intensity of the fan base.

In this internet and social networking age lots of players kill time (that could probably be better spent honing their craft) on websites and twitting and on facebook. Some love the attention, some are just curious what others think of them. Ditto their families. Ian has underscored here more than once that players and family to lurk here and it would be nice if we didn't behave like hateful lunatics...but it tends to fall on deaf ears.

And a postscript, Curt turned out to be the kind of guy who had radar when it came to his name being mentioned, particularly in a derrogatory manner. That's where Curt in the car call ins to WEEI were born. He posted for quite a while on SOSH until they had to restrict his posts to a password protected members only area because of both the morons who wanted to mix it up with a player and the mediots who wanted to build stories based on his message board postings...

Last edited:
I've retold the story here before but several years ago I used to post regularly on the Sox message board. One Thanksgiving night several of us were on late kvetching as usual, in part about whether there was any chance they would sign a frontline FA pitcher they were rumored to be in the hunt for...when guess who stopped by and chatted with us for half an hour in the process of looking for a way onto another board (SOSH). Turns out our young GM and an assistant had eaten turkey dinner at his house that night but he didn't think they would be able to work out a deal...He got the third degree while people scrambled madly to verify he was who he said he was. We asked him to mention his visit the next day if it was really him... He did, and in the end he signed here in part because he liked the intensity of the fan base.

In this internet and social networking age lots of players kill time (that could probably be better spent honing their craft) on websites and twitting and on facebook. Some love the attention, some are just curious what others think of them. Ditto their families. Ian has underscored here more than once that players and family to lurk here and it would be nice if we didn't behave like hateful lunatics...but it tends to fall on deaf ears.

The question is...Do FANS care what players think of them just like the issue of do PLAYERS care what fans think of them?

If for instance Maroney came on in here and thought I was an A-Hole,I am still going to sleep well that night.....

Fans want Championships,Players will play hard for obtaining a contract that is good enough to make themselves a comfortable living with...it works both ways and IMO thats sports in general

Fans want to be happy and the only way about that overall is with a championship
Players want to be happy and they are satisfied by feeling they are paid accordingly to thier performance on the field
Owners want both of these parties to be happy so they can increase thier teams popularity and value

Last edited:
post 16: The (select rival team) sucks

Post 17: NO they don't they are great

post 18: your all a bunch of homers. You all need to admit he is made of glass
post 19: Yeah, 16... they're so bad they showed up and taped our last meet to try to gain an advantage next time we 'play' them.

post 20: everyone knows you can't use that to your advantage

post 21: they so do! they decode it at intermission!

post 22: hey 19, why you put play in quotes?

The question is...Do FANS care what players think of them just like the issue of do PLAYERS care what fans think of them?

If for instance Maroney came on in here and thought I was an A-Hole,I am still going to sleep well that night.....

Fans want Championships,Players will play hard for obtaining a contract that is good enough to make themselves a comfortable living with...it works both ways and IMO thats sports in general

Fans want to be happy and the only way about that overall is with a championship
Players want to be happy and they are satisfied by feeling they are paid accordingly to thier performance on the field
Owners want both of these parties to be happy so they can increase thier teams popularity and value

I cannot think of a more uninformed opinion than to say fans care about winning and players don't.

Morons don't, some of us do. It doesn't really reflect on us individually because of the annonymity of message boards, but it reflects on Ian because he isn't and on the fan base collectively which is unfortunate. As I said, in one case a high profile player who wanted to win a championship came to Boston in part because he felt a certain comfort level with a segment of the fan base. Of course over time he found out just how small the intelligent segement actually was... That's why it's always a hoot when fans cry disloyal when a player leaves. The most vocal members of a fan base are usually it's least loyal, because like the picture you prefer to paint about players is really the same for the self absorbed frontrunner segment of the fan base who could care less who is wearing the laundry as long as a team wins...

Of all the players in the NFL,What percentage of them do you really think really gives a damn about what a joe shmoe on a message board thinks about him or his team?....Maybe 3% at best IMO

I can't see a guy like Brady saying to himself while on patsfans, 'damn that Patsfanken is an intelligent fan'

If anyone knows a Pats celebrity visiting this site I would think Ian would get secret info on it eventually.

IAN has said REPEATEDLY that players and their FAMILIES read this site

Good thing you don't lose sleep over folks thinking you are an a-hole.

Cause if you lost sleep over everyone here who thought you were an a-hole you would have the most severe case of insomnia in medical history.

Yikes I better be careful if I meet Ty Warren or Ron Brace! They are likely to twist my heads off and they could without breaking a sweat. Maybe my Ron Brace disaster thread motivated him to shape up this year. :rolleyes: Hey big fella--easy there-it was for your own good; you're doing great this year. Pretend Sandez's head is mine and twist it off.

On the other hand I have defended Randy Moss and most other players from the powers of darkness and douchbaggery in the local media.

In general it is hard to get down on any players the Patriots have (unlike other teams) because they all work hard or they would not be there. If a player has a bad performance it is not because they are not trying hard but rather they are injured or some other factor is at work. The hidden story about the Patriots and most other teams are the injuries and beat-up bodies these guys play with.

Last edited:
Why, it stands to reason that Coach Bill II ~ The Immortal ~ and ALL his finest players would partake of any opportunity to benefit from the The Timeless Wisdom of Off the Grid, Fanatical Yankee.

LOL I'm actually Chad Ochocinco. SUCKERS

I believe Big Vince's wife is Deus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back