PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do you think Andre Carter and/or Brian Waters will return?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Do you think Andre Carter and/or Brian Waters will return?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm 100% certain waters will be back by game 1; and about 85-90% certain he will start game 1, which I think is a good thing.

That said, Scar's thing has always been that he didn't have to have the 100% most talented OL; as long as he could coach them up to be consistent and work as a team. So exactly how does this waters thing work in with how Scar has been running the OL for years????

Even if you think Waters is so good that he can come straight in and pick up where he left off; he still has a C and a T to his left and right and they have to know his tendancies as well as him knowing theirs.

So how much lag time does Waters delayed arrival put into when the OL really finally gels.

As for Carter: I think BB gave has an salary offer on the table for a 'shadow roster'; but told him to take a better offer if he can get it. I don't see him getting a better offer.

Reiss being persistent:

Maybe a hint that Brian Waters isn't coming back? When asked about the return of left guard Logan Mankins and right tackle Sebastian Vollmer from the physically unable to perform list, Scarnecchia said: "As much as we can, we're able to get bodies working side by side that hopefully will be working side by side when it's for real in September. We tried to keep Logan with Nate [Solder] and tried to keep Sebastian over there with [Dan] Connolly, and just give them some reps together. I think that's always a good thing. I think the most important thing for their own self-comfort, I guess, is to be able to get out, test themselves and see how everything is working and the mending process is going. It's only a good thing."

I think he's reaching again.

Reiss being persistent:

I think he's reaching again.

Yeah--the thing is, unless there's something really odd going on (always possible, I guess, witness Fanene) there's absolutely no logical reason that if he wasn't coming back, both Waters and the team would just say so. "I'm retired." "We've moved on." Whatever. Barring that, what else would be going on except him coming back?

Having said that, I'm starting to feel like, c'mon, let's go. If he's going to be with the team for four months of regular season, then the playoffs, then what's another week? Just report already.

I'm curious what you mean by that.

I'm not a big fan of Reiss. Mind you: He's not a bitter, capering Troll like so many local writers, but I don't think he adds a damned thing to the conversation. I stopped reading him a long time ago, because he seems terrified of taking a substantial position on anything. The next time he offers analytical insight will be the first.

Again: Not a bad guy.

Just sort'f...useless. :p

You mean a reporter who reports instead of constantly expressing his own opinion?

Some find it refreshing that there is someone who does the old school job. I guess you're a new school kind of guy.

Waters was signed on September 4. The first game of the season (v. Dolphins) was September 12. He was new to the team. He played better than Connolly.

Now he is not new to the team and he is 35 years old and played as many or more games than anyone else in the league last year.

Expect him to report on September 1 or 2.

Yeah--the thing is, unless there's something really odd going on (always possible, I guess, witness Fanene) there's absolutely no logical reason that if he wasn't coming back, both Waters and the team would just say so. "I'm retired." "We've moved on." Whatever. Barring that, what else would be going on except him coming back?

I'm beginning to wonder if they might be wrangling over money.

I'm beginning to wonder if they might be wrangling over money.

Possible, I suppose, although that sort of feels off too. Pats tend to decide on a value and stick with it, and if Waters wasn't taking it, think they would have moved on by now. But maybe.

It's probably just what everyone thinks, he doesn't want to deal with camp. Guess I just like the idea of seeing Solder-Mankins-Connelly-Waters-Vollmer.

Having said that, I'm starting to feel like, c'mon, let's go. If he's going to be with the team for four months of regular season, then the playoffs, then what's another week? Just report already.

Agree with all of the above.

The sooner Waters arrives, the better I (& likely Brady) will feel.

And BTW, has anybody been issued Matt Light's number yet?

The last one who had it was Robert Gallery before he retired.

Currently Derek Dennis has 72.

It would be simple to answer the Waters question right now. Go to his house and check his dryer. If he has shorts and sweat pants in their, he'll be back. If he has swim suits in there, he won't. Its as simple as that. It would be unlikely for the Pats to go this long without knowing. My guess is that he'll be here just before the Giants game (but not in time to play. ;) ) My guess is that we won'd start until the Ravens game. Before that they'll ease him in. There is no need for him to take so many reps this season.

As for Waters. Its another story. But I think its due more to his health than the fact we have too many pass rushers already. In fact our only "proven" pass rusher is Ninko, and just over a half dozen, ONCE, isn't exactly insuring. So a healthy Carter resembling the player we had on the field last season would be a welcome addition.

I think the workouts he's had the last few days, only goes to show how far his is from being ready to play. Otherwise someone would have signed him already. I see him getting signed after the first game and put on the PUP list. That's the best chance for him to come back healthy and be ready to make an impact on the playoffs.

It would be simple to answer the Waters question right now. Go to his house and check his dryer. If he has shorts and sweat pants in their, he'll be back. If he has swim suits in there, he won't. Its as simple as that. It would be unlikely for the Pats to go this long without knowing. My guess is that he'll be here just before the Giants game (but not in time to play. ;) ) My guess is that we won'd start until the Ravens game. Before that they'll ease him in. There is no need for him to take so many reps this season.

As for Waters. Its another story. But I think its due more to his health than the fact we have too many pass rushers already. In fact our only "proven" pass rusher is Ninko, and just over a half dozen, ONCE, isn't exactly insuring. So a healthy Carter resembling the player we had on the field last season would be a welcome addition.

I think the workouts he's had the last few days, only goes to show how far his is from being ready to play. Otherwise someone would have signed him already. I see him getting signed after the first game and put on the PUP list. That's the best chance for him to come back healthy and be ready to make an impact on the playoffs.

Too cute on Waters,ken.......Absolutely too ludicrous on Carter:bricks:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back