PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do you think Amendola will be a Patriot next season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StockingAnarchyNumber12

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I consider the guy like our 6th-8th target nowadays and his best years are likely behind him. With Malcolm Mitchell playing well and the sort, do you think Amendola sticks around another year or is he done?

Personally, I am fine with the lineup without him now. Though, what are your thoughts?

Either way: I am happy he is/was a Patriot!

If he continues to restructure to cheap contracts then yes he still provides excellent depth and clutch plays. However, it's time to start thinking about developing the next welker/Edelman/amendola inside receiver. Mitchell and hogan will man the outside for the future but both Edelman and amendola are getting older, though still very good.

If he will play for $2-3m a year then he may stay. Otherwise I think he'll be gone.

Agreed with the point above that they need to develop the "slot guy of the future"... Lucien on the PS appears talented, but he's another outside-type guy.

Why wouldn't he be?

• Agree
Reactions: PP2
Why wouldn't he be?
I'm just asking you guys because I wasn't sure if it was certain anymore. I know he took a paycut this season and his best years are likely behind him (not saying he can't be effective still). Plus, we got some new young WRs on the team.

Wish they hadn't moved on from Harper, though I understand that there wasn't room on the 53 for him this year. He could be a good slot receiver here I believe.

"6th to 8th target"...wha??? What kind of drug are you smoking anyway?

oh I see...you're a space alien...well, plenty of company around here for ya, pal...

Don't sleep on Foster just yet.
Trust me... if anyone isn't sleeping on Foster, it's me... but I don't think Foster is cut out for being a slot WR - he's going to be a third-down RB for this team. Not a huge difference in position, necessarily (besides running between the tackles) but they need a more full-time slot receiver and I don't see it being Foster.

What does everyone think of the idea of drafting Ryan Switzer in the next draft? I love Danny but it may be time for a change.

If he will play for $2-3m a year then he may stay. Otherwise I think he'll be gone.

Agreed with the point above that they need to develop the "slot guy of the future"... Lucien on the PS appears talented, but he's another outside-type guy.

He keeps taking pay cuts to stay, I think he is making about 1.5 mil this year or maybe even less. The way Edelman plays I doubt we get much more than 2 more seasons out of him. He will be 32 and takes massive hits multiple times per games he plays.

It's totally up to him. I get the feeling he genuinely enjoys it here and would be more than willing to stay in a reduced role and fair contract.

I honestly think DA is a perfect candidate for the shadow roster. He fits us very well but I feel no other team would truly want him. He does not beat man coverage the way most slot wrs do, is small/fragile, and is getting up there in age. Lastly, Brady has shown, to me anyway, that he does not really like to throw it to him. The majority of his catches are dump offs and James White has that covered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back