PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do you still want Peppers if...

Status
Not open for further replies.

midwestpatsfan

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
he is looking for a contract that is better than haynesworths? That is what is being reported by Mort on espn. I just cannot see the patriots trading for a guy who wants that type of contract and would be playing a new position.

Re: Do you still want Peppers if....

Hell no unless it's Brady or peyton then yeah.

No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nope

I dont believe that runor though, Haynesworth is the premeire dlinemen in the game a position much more expensive than OLB if Peppers wants to be LB he has to know his contract will reflect it.

Last edited:

he is looking for a contract that is better than haynesworths? That is what is being reported by Mort on espn. I just cannot see the patriots trading for a guy who wants that type of contract and would be playing a new position.

If that's what it's going to take, then the Patriots simply can't afford it. </story>

No way. Team first.

Wilfork will be the biggest contract on the Pats after QB, assuming we can resign him. Peppers can be somewhere in Moss territory, maybe around 4 years at $35-45M. If that can't do it, then we move on.

Screw ESPN and their flock of donkeys. Peppers is looking to play in the 34 for a contender. No 34 teams that are contenders can afford to pay him remotely near that.

Last edited:

I don't trust, read or believe anything mortensen says and we're not giving someone a ridiculous 100 million dollar deal when he hasn't even played a down on the OLB position. It's great we have interest, but we should stick to our "spread the wealth" mentality.

Nein. He's a frikkin' conversion project, and he knows it. While projections say it will work, on the 10% chance it doesn't we would have a load of angry players and look foolish.

NEVER happen. Give the cash to Vince.

What were people expecting Peppers to want? I mean, he is a top tier D-lineman just like haynesworth. I know they play different positions on the line but Peppers pass rush ability makes him a hot commodity. I know that he is talking about wanting to play in a 3-4 and here that would be at OLB, but I do not think he is going to want less money because of a position change. What type of contract would you want him to sign for here that would make you feel comfortable?

What were people expecting Peppers to want? I mean, he is a top tier D-lineman just like haynesworth. I know they play different positions on the line but Peppers pass rush ability makes him a hot commodity. I know that he is talking about wanting to play in a 3-4 and here that would be at OLB, but I do not think he is going to want less money because of a position change. What type of contract would you want him to sign for here that would make you feel comfortable?

I already said, something in Moss territory ($10/year), maybe in the 4 years at $35-45M range.

Lets sign this guy, keep him at DE and trade Seymour at the draft for someone's first next year ..

I felt that before the Haynesworth deal that he might be too expensive. Now I strongly believe that.

No. I'd rather see us lock up Wilfork for the long-term before they spent a dime on Peppers.

Peppers has said publicly he's willing to accept a lower deal to play for a contender

I guess now we find out if thats true

Not if he wants that amount

Lets sign this guy, keep him at DE and trade Seymour at the draft for someone's first next year ..
Laddy, that's a nasty a lose-lose scenerio as I've read in some time. If there's a knock on Peppers, it's his strength at the point of attack, he's not even close to Richard Seymour as a 3-4 DE.

Peppers turned down a contract extension from the Panthers that would have made him the highest paid defender in the league. It shouldn't be a shock that he wants to be paid a ton of money.

Schefter on WEEI this am said there is no way Peppers is coming to the Pats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes