PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do you people really care about the pro bowl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Pat

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
I have not watched a Pro Bowl once in my life. What do you care if there are Pats or no Pats. You could throw 10 350lbs Oprah impersenators out there and no one would notice. Its the Pro Bowl!!! Nobody cares, nobody watches. If the entire Pats rpster made the Pro Bowl, and it was layed in my back yard, I probably wouldnt watch.

I know recognization is nice, but ets look at from the other side. pro Bowl selection means more money to the players on the cap, plus this might motivate some of the guys who should have gone.

So to sum.... Its all good.

pro bowl sucks, but I do wish Warren would have gotten in he definately deserved it.

I'd care if it was a real game... but all-stars from this league have nobody to play against except themselves and nobody cares about the outcome...

Players should receive some recognition for their achievements, however, and naming them to such a team seems worthwhile.

What if they made the Pro Bowl a week-long tournament of 7 on 7 beach football with two completions to make a first down, first to score 3,4,5 TDs wins? It would be a big party, fun to watch players in a more casual setting. Who wouldn't watch this???

The reason I did not respond to the thread on the Pro Bowl uproar is I could care less. Someone even mentioned credibility concerning the game? Another person said something about watching it. Honestly, I'd prefer not any Patriots making that team as it gives the opportunity for injury. Something more likely to happen when you don't play full speed. The games best players are not there and the game is played at another level (basement). I'm sure if I was in Hawaii and given free tickets to the game, I'd opt for the golf course.

I remember one player telling ESPN or wsomething like that, if he cared about winning the Pro-Bowl and he replied saying that around the 4th quater when you realize that you have just footed the bill for all your relatives to spend a week in Hawaii, you start thinking about the extra $20,000 winner's share.

Most players have a Pro-Bowl bonus built into their contracts, which is why their teamates get upset when they feel that they have been snubbed.

I care but only because apparantly the number of pro bowl selections by a player weighs in on HOF eligibility.
I want to see some more Patriots in that place.
Beautiful place btw. In Canton.

I agree with a lot that has been said..it does come into play in looking at the HOF entries and such..but as a game?? WORST of all all star games...totally..and one I haben't watched in years..

i think it matters to certain extent..lets the players enjoy themselves..be happy to know that players/coaches/fan appreciate their play and all that.

Being the football junkie that I am I watch the game, but don't care too much how it ends up. The whole problem with the Pro Bowl is the threat of injury; consequently, they don't really play that hard. I don't think the game really makes much sense. They should just send the players to Hawaii for an awards ceremony and leave it at that.

I think its a nice honor to have on the resume, but the players really dont want to play in that game.. I dont usually watch it unless alot of Pats are in it, count me out on watching something else this yr...

I look at it this way:

Suppose you were the backbone of your company and everyone knows you are the man. You closed a hundred deals and made the company a pile of money. And then some young poodle comes along. Does ONE good thing and he gets employee of the year......and eventually, the promotion you were promised.

Yup, I would be pretty F'ing upset. But I would go back to work with a huge chip on my shoulder but say nothing about it. I would even congratulate the poodle.

That is how I think Tom, Vince, Assante and Koppen would feel like this morning. I'm sure I left a few off that list too.

Worst all star game of them all. Baseball has the homerun derby, basketball has the dunk contest ... even hockey's skill contest is fun to watch.

The probowl has a bunch of the best players slumming it for a game...WTF is that???

no, i don't care too much on it

and, i think,many Pats players either...

I don't care for all star games in general.

The Pats players will say they do not care about it, but deep down it is not real good to get snubbed by the fans, coaches and players. I suspect it may help feed the fires or competition.

After Robert Edwards, Pats fans should rejoice when their players don't have to participate in meaningless exhibitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back