Welcome to PatsFans.com

Do you miss playing football? Want to play?

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by Lbaron, Sep 6, 2006.

1. Lbaron

Lbaron Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I want to gauge the interest of starting an amateur tackle football team.
    We would play the same football that we all love without any of the glamour.
    We would play once a week early Sunday morning (before 1pm for sure) or perhaps on Saturdays.

Just hard nosed football. People would have to bring their own equipment or if that's a big issue since most people don't own stuff like that we could play without pads and the games would resemble rugby in physicality.

Again, I am posting merely to determine if the interest is there in assembling a team of guys who love football, miss the glory days and want to get active again. It doesn't matter what physical condition you're in. If you want to play some football please reply to this ad so I can gauge out the interest people have in this. Whether you're 18 or 40, all that's required is the desire to play ... which requires to be in decent shape.

I've looked around and found plenty of Rugby teams, even gay men's football but nothing of this sort. To borrow a phrase from rugby: "a sport of barbarians played by gentlemen". That would be the motto here. Good clean football!

If you are interested in helping me making this happen, again reply to me and we'll get started if enough interest is generated.
    Thanks for reading this.

GO PATS!