PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do you like the Celtics trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosfan

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
I do and like the way Ainge wheels and deals. At some point things may start to click - 'Return to Glory- Go Celts'............

Certainly doesn't make them any better right now, but it's not like they're built to win, anyways. Is that pick lottery protected?

the trade sucks. The pick is protected for the next three years i think. Wally make a crap load of money. Stupid trade.

he is a shooter, and can not slash, like ricky could...

Ricky could do both well...

Wally shoots very well but cannot slash at all

Where ricky was a dual threat, wally is good only from the outside... :eek:

Time to just trade Peirce for Kevin Garnett, and some other picks...

PP and a 1st and a 2nd for KG...id do it...

I don't like the trade just for the fact that it makes it seem like we are going to deal Pierce. Wally is the same type of player. Nobody wants to lose Pierce. I like the fact that we get rid of Blount's contract. Plus our younger guys can play more.

yes, getting rid of Blount's contract...but picking up almost as much of a contract in Wally...and getting rid of an athletic player in Davis. I suppose it just does not matter anyway

i think Danny trades for the sake of trading most of the time. i do not think this trade improved the team short or long term; neither it made the team worse.
As far as previous posts about taking on Wally's huge salary, remember we got rid of BAD Blount's deal (whom was signed by Danny, may i add). As someone on WEEI said earlier today: what's the over/under on how long it takes for Kevin McHale to punch Blount.

why couldnt we just do a blount, banks for kandi deal, to get rid of blounts salary

i dont like the fact that we gave up ricky for wally
wallys contract is huge

we now have three huge contracts: wally, pp, raef

anyone know rickys contract?

also, ricky is 26, wally 28

im sure we wont see that first rder for a while

heres our lineup now:

pg delonte
sg pierce
sf wally
pf aj
c perk

pf/c raef
pg orien greene (now made the def primary backup)
sg tony allen
c kandi
f scal

(outside of rotation: f gomes, nbdl: green, d jones)

i think our rotation will be more consistent now
considering we got rid of four guys and got two (and one in nbdl)

i dont like the trade

but hey, i didnt like the eric williams, battie for ricky trade at the time either
and that did help us

so, time will tell

Which NFL team is Celtics? Are they an expansion team?

I think some more wheeling and dealing will get done. Don't be suprised to see Pierce or Wally get traded. I think the Celts are trying not to be to competetive, stock up draft picks, and give the young guys more playing time now.

No matter if you think Ainge is not a good GM he sure seems to be nailing the draft lately. Jefferson, Greene, West, Allen. Alot of good young talent.

Geting rid of Blount helps. Gives Jefferson and Perkins alot more playing time. Olowakandi's contact is up this year so that would be off the books.

So in the end Ainge gets a totally young but very talented team. Then he does not wheel and deal so much and does his best to keep the team intact, maybe adding a role player here and there. Not a bad way to finally rebuild.

To be honest I would like to see Pierce traded to a contender. He deserves to get a championship for all his years of service. And if you are going to trade him, do it now while his value is still high. Imo the Celtics could be a very good to excellent team in 2 to 3 years.

I love the trade. Makes it easier for the young guys to develop, and it creates an actual rotation as opposed to that thing Doc was passing off for a rotation.

Let's just hope that he doesn't feel the need to play Olowakandi, and take minutes from Perk.

chunkyponyTE82 said:
I love the trade. Makes it easier for the young guys to develop, and it creates an actual rotation as opposed to that thing Doc was passing off for a rotation.

Let's just hope that he doesn't feel the need to play Olowakandi, and take minutes from Perk.

And too think that I thought the football players had overstuffed contracts...

I guess it isn't as bad as the MLB...but it is getting crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes