Welcome to PatsFans.com

Do you have the time to listen to me whine?

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by PATSNUTme, Oct 27, 2006.

1. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +252 / 2 / -1

#75 Jersey

Well, it's Friday evening and we just got back from taking the dogs for a walk. I turn on the TV and there are football shows on taking about Sundays games.

But, we have to wait until Monday night for our football.:enranged: That means here in New England, the game won't be over until after midnight. Then it will be a couple of more hours of post game before sleep comes and then up at 5:30 AM and be a zombie all day.

And to top it off, the next night is Trick or Treat and I'll have 100- 150 little ****s ringing my door bell during the football shows. I guess it could be worst, I could live in Mass when the little ****s come the night of the game.

Monday Night Football Sucks!!!!:mad:

2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +587 / 14 / -14

#24 Jersey

MNF rules. I can sit back on Sunday, relax, watch whatever game I want and not worry about our game until Monday.

3. Patriotic

Patriotic PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Just leave your dogs in front of your place so those little tricksters never get to your door bell.

4. Aldogg

Aldogg Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

#24 Jersey

Just ignore them. I remember one Halloween we were playing Arizona @ Arizona, and we had people show up, well, we were driving down the field for a TD and nobody wanted to go deal with the rugrats.

5. dalero

dalero PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -2

MNF does blow.

6. Bella*chick

Bella*chick Addicted to the light

Ratings:
    +107 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Ugh. I remember the last Halloween night game for us....wasn't it the Pats losing to the Steelers in 2004? Or am I totally remembering it wrong.

All I know is it was not hard to scare the children that night.

7. PatsDeb

PatsDeb PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -1

Yes!! When I saw this topic I was going to say that the worst night game by far was the one on Halloween in 2004 against the Steelers. My hubby and I argued about who would take the kids out (I lost) and then every time I went to a neighbor's house, the news was worse! I usually love Halloween as it was my grandmother's b-day and we always celebrated in a big way, but that was about the worst Halloween I ever had!

8. edgecy

edgecy Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I love MNF. Well, I used to until they have Tony, Joe and Mike doing it. Now it's just unbearable to listen to them.

9. since67

since67 On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I just moved to a rural area and if anyone shows up here they'll meet 3 territorial German Shepherds, a cat with even less of a personality, and a southpawed curmudgeon armed with microwave popcorn...:D

Relax, I'll have the goodies ready (@#$%)...hoping no one shows up and I can go on a really poor diet for the few days...

10. zippo59

zippo59 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

That was about the worst day of my life. Not only did the Pats get their butts kicked to end their win streak but my awesome grandmother died.

EDIT: I realize how it might sound strange that I am including something like the Pat's losing with my grandmother's death, because when you compare the two it seems so much less important. But I think it just shows how much I love the Pats.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2006
  11. Bella*chick

Bella*chick Addicted to the light

Ratings:
    +107 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I'm sorry you lost your grandma.:(

I think it goes to prove the old adage, "When it rains, it pours."

12. shirtsleeve

shirtsleeve In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Trick or Treat is 4-6pm on Sunday. For once, the game wont be interrupted or disrupted by it! I hope we play on Mondays every Halloween!

13. T-ShirtDynasty

T-ShirtDynasty Moderator

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Amen, amen, amen. It is soooooooooo hard to watch MNF now. I briefly got a kick out of Kornheiser, becuase of the way he went after Theismann... but it got old quick. I mean, how admirable is it to verbally beat up a blathering moron? Really, anybody could sit there and make Joey look bad. The only way they could make MNF worse is to add Joe Buck to the group. Uggggh they're horrible.

:D I remember being on candy duty that night while the wife dragged the kids all over town, I was passing out game updates and scores to the parents more than I was passing out candy to the kids.

By the way, what the hell is all this talk about trick or treating on Sunday, and Monday?!?! Is my calendar wrong? I coulda sworn All Hallows Eve came on Tuesday this year.
    :confused:

14. Johnny Mac

Johnny Mac Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Better than Thursday night football, at least.

15. PatsSteve1

PatsSteve1 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I just got in to Minneapolis this afternoon for the MNF game. Waiting on a few friends arriving tomorrow. 1st game in person this year. Can't wait to see for myself what's going on in that 75% of the field you don't see on TV.

16. CopenhagenPatsfan

CopenhagenPatsfan On the Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

WAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! The game is over after midnight, oooohhhh I feel so sorry for you, you poor thing(sarcasm)

The game STARTS here in Europe at 3 am and finishes at around 630 am and I will be up watching it.

I haven't missed a Patriots game since 2001.

One of things I miss most about the US is the ability to see football at a normal hour, but for the Patriots it has been worth it and I consider myself lucky to be able to see football here in Europe.

With the Internet it is actually easier for International fans to the see all the NFL games, I would go crazy if, like Keegs in another thread, I could not watch the game.

17. Poll

Poll Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Rather have 1pm games on sunday.
    When it's MNF, it's 2.30 AM here in Holland.:eek:

18. gomezcat

gomezcat It's SIR Moderator to you Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I'll be recording it, avoiding American websites and then watching it after work on Tuesday evening. I'm going to have to remember not to log on at work as my work's home page is automatically msn.com and they have the MNF result on the home page.

OT: Oh, and to respond to the title of the thread: "about nothing and everything, all I want". I was working as Nursing Assistant on a Psych. ward in '94 when that song came on the TV in the patients' lounge (it's Basket Case by Green Day, btw). I started to sing along and stopped myself very quickly... :eek:

Last edited: Oct 28, 2006
  19. italian pat patriot

italian pat patriot In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +28 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

i do not like either MNF...

i love sunday 1 pm games

they are the best (also for us in Europe : 1 pm games are 7 pm games, so not bad...)

anyway ne@min will be here alive via Sky - good !

Last edited: Oct 28, 2006
  20. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +252 / 2 / -1

#75 Jersey

Nice try- you can sleep before the game and then go off to work. You'll have to come up with a better sob story than that.:D