Welcome to PatsFans.com

Do you HATE the other party?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatriotsReign, Aug 14, 2009.

1. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

This is true. Of course it is my view that the right is the party that works to foment hate and division more so than the left. Take Obama and Clinton versus the Bushes and Reagan. Which presidents hinged on the us/them mentality more?
  2. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +509 / 6 / -2

ahahahahahahaha.... See what I mean.
  3. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

That's not much of a response. Examine the rhetoric of both parties and see what you find.
  4. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Bunk. The left would if they could. They just can't make any headway in talk radio which is where the rhetoric gets the most of its legs and where the "party" gets a lot of their reputation (even though it's not the party talking.) They tried, they really did.
  5. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Didn't you kind of defeat your own argument? Going down the talk radio path the amount incendiary right speech vastly overwhelms the amount from the left. But more interestingly it tends to trickle up to the presidents who foment us versus them cowboy personas.

Granted, I see a lot of left wing claims that the rights are nutters, or wingnuts, and all that, and it's not right, but it's peanuts in comparison.

In my view the tendency to foment hate and divisiveness also correlates with the corporatist view: promote individualism as much as possible. It makes people put themselves over others, which is necessarily divisive. This attitude then makes it easier for people who hold it to accept absurd CEO salaries and massive accumulation of wealth by the few. But people are a lot more alike than we pretend.
  6. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +130 / 4 / -0

#91 Jersey

:yeahthat:.........
  7. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

No I don't think you get what I said. It's peanuts in comparison because they fail to convince an audience that believes their brand of divisiveness. If they could they would flood the airwaves with it. They failed the attempt is all. They are indeed a lot more alike than they pretend.
  8. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I'm not sure I agree. The fact that the amount of incendiary left-wing talk radio is less than right-wing tells us that either: 1) fewer hosts are incendiary, or 2) the audience doesn't want to listen to incendiary. Either way you've got a less hateful group. I mean, the left is a bunch of peace and love hippies, right?

Also, when you look at the rhetoric of the leadership it's a different picture.
  9. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +359 / 11 / -27

So has the right taken over the Mainstream Media???

Do you think that the right wing spokespeople for your party have a civic responsibility to their listeners?? Or is it ok to spread half truths and lies??

Even though it is not Michael Steele, most republicans are scared to death of incurring the wrath of these guys... that is a whole lot of power.
  10. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +375 / 3 / -15

godef, If someone is foolish or ignorant of the facts, then you know you're dealing with either someone not packing a full deck or a person who just likes to piss you off. Either way, there's no reason to allow them to upset you. It's just debate on the internet.

If I find someone making up facts (in real life, not here), I'll just tell them they don't know what they're talking about and end the discussion.
  11. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +375 / 3 / -15

This all started back in the late 80's/early 90's when the republican party decided that their strategy would be to use "Family values" and to refer to all democrats as "Liberals". Think about it, how often do you hear pubbies calling democrats liberals? Even the republicans on this board often call democrats "liberals" when the truth of the matter is that the majority of them are moderate.

Needless to say, their strategy worked.
  12. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

I think the right has taken over talk radio and would take over TV and print if they could. It so happens though that the left has taken over the majority of the rest of the media and would do the same with talk radio if they were able. As far as republican spokespersons go, they tend to remain silent and let the vitriol do its damage. A tactic repeated by democrat spokespersons when the moveon.org half truth ads circulate for example.

Right here in the microcosm of this board it’s repeated by us. Not that I am a spokesperson for the right per say but when a fringe righty will say something ridiculous I’m usually quiet and don’t get involved in what I consider to be dumb threads. The same can be said about many of the lefty regulars here I believe. I dunno though. Maybe we just don’t want to encourage the “opposition” by calling out someone that’s normally sympathetic to our views.:confused:
  13. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,038 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

I hate both parties mostly ... by mostly I mean the leadership of each.

I like the blue dog democrats the best.

The right wing gop seems like a foeign entity to me.
  14. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +659 / 2 / -9

I Hate Eleanor Roosvelt
  15. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +130 / 4 / -0

#91 Jersey

BINGO...I've said this a couple of times before but not as well.

The country has been going down the tubes ever since religion was coupled with politics.
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2009
  16. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I don't hate the GOP, but stuff like this sure makes it hard.

I contend that the vast majority of opposition to UHC is the GOP's fear that if Obama scores more than one major victory so soon after the utter disaster of Bush's term(the second being the ending of this economic downturn) the GOP will remain in the backseat for years to come. That's a reason to pity them though, not hate them.
  17. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +130 / 4 / -0

#91 Jersey

I could never pity such people, their to dangerous. If they could take over and control the country they would in a heart beat and have no remorse about destroying democracy.
  18. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

No they wouldn't:D

Sure its funny to call Cheney the Dark Lord but he wouldn't kill a bunch of little kids to consolidate his power the way Palpatine ordered Vader to slaughter the padawans at the Jedi Academy.

I wouldn't put it past him to drink a little blood from time to time though; but only because I'm sure there's a few Red Cross workers who could be bought.
  19. Roland

Roland Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Clinton won the election by creating division in the country. James Carville was never bashfull about that. Obsma has created division by talking jive and pandering to the people who want more for free. This country is more divided than ever and the Obama people are loving it.
  20. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

What planet are you from Roland?