PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do you guys think we should draft Glen Gronkowski this year? [2016 Sign the Beast thread #005]

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he goes undrafted, sure invite him to camp. But no to a draft pick.

Devlin is one of the better FBs in the league and it would be really dumb to draft a FB just because he's Gronk's brother.

And I don't buy the, oh well just convert him to a TE narrative, just because he's a Gronkowski. Changing positions in the NFL is extremely tough. Just look at Edleman. Took him years and a lot of hard work to find his niche.

No. That'll be two Twitter accounts and injury reports Gordie tries to hijack.

If he doesn't get drafted I wouldn't mind giving him a shot on the practice squad.

No we shouldn't draft him but we should act like we are interested so that his stock balloons and an even better player falls to us.

There's a 240lb Navy FB in the draft too, Chris Swain, if we were to move on from Develin (I hope not), that's where my guess would go.

Hmmm...o_O....not sure ...what...to...make...of. that.

well, somewhere I read he was "Academic all Big 12" or something like that.

I can't quite imagine our fun-loving Rob ever being "Academic all this side of the room". No offense to Rob, who MUST have football smarts, but I kinda doubt he was pushing the envelope of high academic achievement at Arizona!

well, somewhere I read he was "Academic all Big 12" or something like that.

I can't quite imagine our fun-loving Rob ever being "Academic all this side of the room". No offense to Rob, who MUST have football smarts, but I kinda doubt he was pushing the envelope of high academic achievement at Arizona!

Supposedly GRONK good at math. Especially problems like 23×3. :p

Belichick would laugh at this possibility just like he laughed at that reporter in Kansas City last year who asked him about a change in the QB position.
That was actually Mike Giardi from Comcast NE who is cool enough to still laugh at himself for asking the question.

I don't follow college football closely enough to have any idea. I'm sure Bill and his staff will know. What I do feel confident about believing is that he won't be drafted or signed here as a FA based upon his name.

Is this a Dougie Hamilton situation where R. Gronk won't resign if the Pats don't bring his brother to Foxboro?

Is this a Dougie Hamilton situation where R. Gronk won't resign if the Pats don't bring his brother to Foxboro?
Well considering they cut Dan, I'm thinking no

at what point do we see some highlights?

I see a ton of missed blocks and i'm only 1:35 in

Shouldn't a highlight reel also include playing vs a football team?

Those are the Jayhawks.

Let's face it, if his last name wasn't Gronkowski would we even be talking about drafting this guy ? Would it be cool, yeah, but does he merit drafting when he'd probably be JAG at camp ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back