PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do You Give a Crap About the Lockout?

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I have to say ... i really could give a flying sh!t that there is a lockout. I am all lockout'ed out ... screw them both i can watch college basketball and be just as content if need be.

Not really. A soft cap is bulldust as it is.

i could care less about the NBA. I love the Celtics and want them to win every year, but basketball sucks and is so watered down, i really hate it. I dont care if they ever come back.

im a fan of the boston celtics. i love the team. but im no fan of the nba. how can anybody be a fan of the nba with a team like the heat in the league?

Happy, glad I want have to see NBA highlights ad nauseum every morning.

I hate to see a lockout because that means no professional basketball, but I can not blame the owners one bit for locking out the players. Right now a lot of the superstars do not play hard every night and some of the conduct of the players off the floor is such a poor representation of the league. The fans deserve to get their money's worth and right now that simply is not happening enough. A lockout might humble down some of the players.

Feburary
March
April
May
June

Are going to be considerably more boring now (from a sports sense) without the NBA then NBA playoffs.

I love the Red Sox, but they're the ONLY team I will watch a game of in the MLB. Does anyone here actually watch Sunday Night Baseball between say, the Cardinals vs the Brewers? Who gives a ****?

I love watching close NBA games and the NBA playoffs are great, something to watch every-night for weeks. The Heat were great for the NBA, a really fun team to root against.

The owners are the morons who chose to pay these guys these salaries.

Feburary
March
April
May
June

Are going to be considerably more boring now (from a sports sense) without the NBA then NBA playoffs.

I love the Red Sox, but they're the ONLY team I will watch a game of in the MLB. Does anyone here actually watch Sunday Night Baseball between say, the Cardinals vs the Brewers? Who gives a ****?

I love watching close NBA games and the NBA playoffs are great, something to watch every-night for weeks. The Heat were great for the NBA, a really fun team to root against.

The owners are the morons who chose to pay these guys these salaries.

College basketball will reap huge benefits if this mess is still going on - more fun watching these kids anyways.

I couldn't care less.

Perhaps the NHL will get a boost from it.

The NHL definitely should get a boost from the NBA lockout. I expect a lot more people to be wearing their hockey sweaters this year. It might help the C's get healthy because all of the older players might need an extended rest, which could make the team better down the line.

As long as the Celtics retain their cap advantage over most of the NBA teams in the summer of 2012, no.

2011-12 is a throwaway season where the big 3 would simply linger for one more go around.

As long as the Celtics retain their cap advantage over most of the NBA teams in the summer of 2012, no.

2011-12 is a throwaway season where the big 3 would simply linger for one more go around.
I think the NBA is going to learn the same very hard lesson the NHL learned 7 years ago: They could skip an entire season and virutally no one would care.

I remember the NFL lockout being in the news virtually everyday from March to August, even on days when nothing actually happened. People went ballistic over the thought of missing games. But basketball, which is only 2 weeks away from the date they will have to cancel the preseason, is receiving nary a blip.

Last edited:
Sorry they just need to blow the whole thing up. The salary cap is horrendous, the image is terrible and reffing is a huge turnoff to me. That sport is in desperate need of change.

The reffing especially. After the 2002 Kings Lakers series I've never watched a game besides Boston. It was clear the refs purposely extended the series for tv ratings and money. They wanted the bigger tv market of LA over Sacramento and in the process screwed the fans. Even now that hasn't changed. A sport in need of some kind of parity.

The problem with NBA basketball is they don't have the game of basketball front and center. Stern was a good commisioner for a lot of years but imo it is time for a new one (10 years ago) with a fresh set of ideas.

Sorry they just need to blow the whole thing up. The salary cap is horrendous, the image is terrible and reffing is a huge turnoff to me. That sport is in desperate need of change.

The reffing especially. After the 2002 Kings Lakers series I've never watched a game besides Boston. It was clear the refs purposely extended the series for tv ratings and money. They wanted the bigger tv market of LA over Sacramento and in the process screwed the fans. Even now that hasn't changed. A sport in need of some kind of parity.

The problem with NBA basketball is they don't have the game of basketball front and center. Stern was a good commisioner for a lot of years but imo it is time for a new one (10 years ago) with a fresh set of ideas.

games themselves are horrendously boring...referees blow whistles every time the game gets above a snail's pace. Plus players often back into the basket...doesn't seem very athletic to me. What happened to the fast break type of offense the celtics used to run? Tiny ARchibald and Larry bird? Less interesting than a watching a game of 4 on 4 or whatever on the playground. Hopefully the game will be extinct soon.

The lockout might actually benefit the C's. More rest for KG, Paul and Ray might buy them a couple more quality extra years in the league. This might help the C's have another championship run. I definitely think they will end up rising above the Heat again.

That sacramento series was a complete fix. Even my buddy in LA who is an ardent LAkers fan thinks so. That's how absurd those calls were.

I hate the NBA. I used to love it too. In the 80's it was a flowing, passing, fundamentally sound game with talented rosters, and well coached teams. In the 90's it became a boring, physical, 68 point per team scoring snoozefest thanks to the Pistons and Knicks. GROSS. Then in this millenium, it's become an MTV, me me me, drive 1 on 3 to the basket, or heave a 3 pointer type league, filled with fundamentally unsound "athletes" and watered down teams. I have very little in common with todays NBA, and while I love the Celtics, and the sport of basketball, I will not miss the league. They should seriously contract a few teams, and improve the team to team talent. When scrub players like Marcus Banks are making $6-7 million per, you know you're league is ****ed.

I have to say ... i really could give a flying sh!t that there is a lockout. I am all lockout'ed out ... screw them both i can watch college basketball and be just as content if need be.

Yes. I want them to lose the whole season. **** the NBA.

From what I've read real games start getting canceled first thing tomorrow morning. They're 80 million dollars apart, down from 800 million, you'd think they could do that last 10% today; but both sides are hardened. All this work stoppage is gonna do in the end is give what was their money to some other sport so even if one side comes out the clear winner they still lose because all they end with is a bigger piece of a smaller pie.

What lock out do you speak of? :confused:

Last edited:
NBA and MLB players ... spoiled cry baby millionaires.

I still do not give a rats azz when they will play. :D

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back