PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do you get nervous before every Pats game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really, only playoff games.

Yup. Especially when playing Peyton Manning, the Ravens, the Giants :'( and divisional games.

a heroin joke???

really??

and no...you didn't have to say it...

Well then, here's another suggestion to quell nerves before watching Pats games (like the thread poster requested)...

How's about a healthy dose of methadone, prescribed by a licensed physician then?
That's been known to take the nervous edge off. Is that a more acceptable and/or "mainstream" response?
I dunno, but being "June Cleaver Decency Policed" by some guy with the name Joker with an attached mug shot seems pretty rife with irony.

(sent using my potato with prongs, rigged to el barrio streetlight pole)

You are such a tool.

Minimalism seems more tool-like to me (i.e.- forever using the least amount of words to getcher point across 'cause you take pride coming across concise, witty, & wise).
It's kinda literarily tight-wad-ish.

I mean, I've never even been called a tool before. I'm sorta murky on what qualities it's supposed to entail in a person. To me, the more universal definition usually pertains to something a mechanic or carpenter would use. Those are usually made of tempered steel, so that's how I came up with the cold minimalism reference above.

I dunno, PatJew. You rule the roost around here, so why don'tcha edjumacate me about what all equates a tool when someone is called such. But could ya, just for once, make it uncharacteristically tightwad Twitter length?

But could ya, just for once, make it uncharacteristically tightwad Twitter length?

OK...STFU

Well then, here's another suggestion to quell nerves before watching Pats games (like the thread poster requested)...

How's about a healthy dose of methadone, prescribed by a licensed physician then?
That's been known to take the nervous edge off. Is that a more acceptable and/or "mainstream" response?
I dunno, but being "June Cleaver Decency Policed" by some guy with the name Joker with an attached mug shot seems pretty rife with irony.

(sent using my potato with prongs, rigged to el barrio streetlight pole)

That's Steve McQueen basement boy...

we know who the patsfans.com druggie is!

Even against the Jags, I'm sure I will get butterflys just before and thru early part of the game. Anyone have a cure for this? :)

Yup, the only time in recent memory was the 2008 season. Every game was just fun. I did not care if they won or lost, they fought hard and I did not seem to care if they won or lost. 2001 was like that, as were all the years before.

There was a time that I would cough for the entire game. I used to
tape the games and only watch the winning games.

The past two years I have been a season ticket holder. I never have
a problem if I was attending a game.

Jimminy Crickets!

I can't believe how much angst, physical issues, and mental crisis this causes people in viewing / following something you love so much. I must have mellowed some, following since the early 80's.

Maybe it's because I always imbibe while watching ? Six pack minimum.:eat1:

Each and every game. Knot in my stomach...pacing unless we jumpout big!!! If PATS are struggling or losing my phone gets "blown up" when they win or blow somebody out phone is "deathly quiet".

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes