PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do you get nervous before every Pats game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
After the year I've had, I thought I would be past getting so nervous and upset before, during, and after games. But alas, I was wrong. I still freak out for all of them. And honestly, I'm happy about that. I'm glad I still care about the little things.

Unless I'm totallly hammered. Then I don't really give a **** until the next day.

Last edited:
imagine how nervous those players are when they play in the big game..bet many of them puke before games..but they play it..not watch it

Can't imagine playing QB in that state, I'd choke.

After the year I've had, I thought I would be past getting so nervous and upset before, during, and after games. But alas, I was wrong. I still freak out for all of them. And honestly, I'm happy about that. I'm glad I still care about the little things.

Unless I'm totallly hammered. Then I don't really give a **** until he next day.

I get nervous even before the practice games. :D

During the regular season: I rage at our miscues during the game and scream at our inability to score or stop the opponents, but then am nearly normal immediately after the game ends. In fact, I focus on the bright spots after a loss and play down the wide-margin wins.

Playoffs: My Belgian beers mask my nervous state during the evening.

I like to cut myself before games and watch the blood drip. Can't say that i feel anxious though. Is that normal?

In all seriousness...no. I'm fine before games. It's during games when i get pissed off.

hell, in the last SB i was about to puke the whole game.

Same here. I honestly did not enjoy that game at any point (including when we were up) or the minutes leading up to it one bit. Makes me seriously consider the way I approach football right now

You can't imagine... Each Patriots game is a final for me. I'm the whole week sad if we lose and I'm glad if we win :)

"we better win every game by forty points or I'm gonna...uh...gonna...er...well...I'll think of something!..."

Warning%20drama%20queen.jpg

Even against the Jags, I'm sure I will get butterflys just before and thru early part of the game. Anyone have a cure for this? :)
there is no cure other than drugs. i basicaly hold my breath thru every game they play.

I'm always nervous until we get 2 scores ahead. It's also why i never bet on pats games.... until this week haha

Same here. I honestly did not enjoy that game at any point (including when we were up) or the minutes leading up to it one bit. Makes me seriously consider the way I approach football right now

it's not worth getting that worked up...unfortunately if they reach the SB this year..i won't have high expectations due to the last 2 SB losses...so i kinda expect a loss but hope for a win

Even against the Jags, I'm sure I will get butterflys just before and thru early part of the game. Anyone have a cure for this? :)

Yeah, I hava cure for nervous butterflies. A bag a' dope. ehh haa haa.

(oh, i'm sorry. but it was just hanging there & someone hadta say it.
greetings from an inner city Pats fan)

Unless I'm totallly hammered. Then I don't really give a **** until the next day.

Better days ahead, my friend. The holidays won't be the same this year for either one of us, but I have a tremendous amount of respect for you continuing to lead your family in the right direction. That takes a special kind of person.

Happy Holidays to you and the kids.

PS--Drink one for me during the playoff game(s), I'll be needing it too!!

I hear that. I keep trying like hell to temper my expectations just a little bit, but I fail terribly every year. By the way--I can't eat during games either, so I have to plan that out accordingly too. It's ridiculous. I have actually started to watch the games in the office by myself now, which somehow helps me not get quite as animated and upset when watching them with other people.

I think it's actually better for me now to watch them alone due to those reasons.

hell, in the last SB i was about to puke the whole game.

Nothing will ever beat me rooting around through the garbage to find that old brown Burger King bag that I suddenly had to breathe in to during the final minutes of SB42.

Luckily it has been the only time that's ever happened to me.

I have yet to witness the last drive where Brady tried to hook up with Moss on a couple of deep throws because I was physically sick. From what I've heard at least one of those throws ended up being decently close to a connection and bounced off Moss' hands. Not sure if that is true or not. Either way the stakes were a little too high for me in that one.

Sunday morning - Jumping up and down in excitement
Minutes before Kickoff - Bouncing off the walls
Kickoff- NERVES
1st Quarter - Settling in

After that depends on how the game goes...

I get nervous before every game, not sure if it is anxiety, excitement or just anticipation...

Whatever it is it goes off the charts on night games, the stupidest invention of the NFL...

I hear ya. I couldn't sleep after last Sunday night's game.

Yeah, I hava cure for nervous butterflies. A bag a' dope. ehh haa haa.

(oh, i'm sorry. but it was just hanging there & someone hadta say it.
greetings from an inner city Pats fan)

a heroin joke???

really??

and no...you didn't have to say it...

a heroin joke???

really??

and no...you didn't have to say it...

Ooo... someone said the dirty h word. Oh, for shame, for shame. Quick, cover your eyes or quickly look away.

On a football fan board, no less. How scandalous. (gawd, where's the little eye roll face icon thingie?)

Better days ahead, my friend. The holidays won't be the same this year for either one of us, but I have a tremendous amount of respect for you continuing to lead your family in the right direction. That takes a special kind of person.

Happy Holidays to you and the kids.

PS--Drink one for me during the playoff game(s), I'll be needing it too!!

Better times ahead, bro.

Ooo... someone said the dirty h word. Oh, for shame, for shame. Quick, cover your eyes or quickly look away.

On a football fan board, no less. How scandalous. (gawd, where's the little eye roll face icon thingie?)

You are such a tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey