Asking for your support

Do you forgive Rodney?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Borg rule for NFL players.
All Patriot players are..........good
All other players are............bad
(Monty Beisel was the only exception....always... .....bad....very bad)

The Borg rule for NFL teams.
Patriots are ..............good
All other NFL teams.....bad
(Jets are the only exception.....rancid pond scum deserved of total demolition. The NFL should disband this ship of Rats)

Forgive him for what?

Exactly.

I only wish he didn't get caught in the first place.

HGH is sold in vitamin catalogs. You can get it anywhere. It is not steroids.

If Castillo and Merriman can get away untainted for using steriods, and the whole Carolina Panther team in 2003, than I ain't worried about Rodney trying to rehab his knee with a vitamin supplement.

I don't think HGH should be regulated. It's arguably everybody's right to use it. I've used the sub-lingual (over the counter) form as an experiment. I can't say that it enhanced my ability to climb mountains, but it certainly didn't hurt. It might have helped with recovery. Its main use is in injury and overuse recovery, and I'm baffled that the NFL bans this "substance".

I would not recommend its use. I would not use it again because it's messing with the balance of hormones in ways that may not be helpful. In a real pinch I might use it though. I think that if I absolutely had to recover from overuse or injury *today* I'd at least consider it. I tend to lean toward anti-inflamatories first though. HGH is probably a bit dangerous for my tastes.

It's hard for me to get down on guys for use of substances which I consider to our natural right to use. The weed is a good example. It does not enhance performance, and I think the only reason the NFL bans it is because the law bans it, but the law is a bad law. The problem is: What do you do when confronted by a bad law? Laws are supposed to hold a balance point, but when they go overboard and start banning substances based upon an individual's beliefs, as opposed to banning them all (including alcohol and caffeine) then it is not fair, and in my eyes, not really a good law or good rule.

Getting caught is bad, but that's the NFL's problem for setting rules that are impossible to follow because they are based upon BAD LAWS.

All of this "cheater" stuff is childish and shows a lack of understanding of the issues that face everybody, even us. It's your DUTY to cheat if it's against a bad law. No, you don't work within the system to change the bad law because it's already proven that bad minds control the process and will not allow a majority to determine the outcome. I'm no anarchist but I do know that bad laws have ruined many lives, and we all need to do what's best for us.

Besides that, if the law is different in a different country or culture, that proves that its interpretation here is not absolute, it's relative, and it's relative to a puritanical, tightassed religious thing. Our lives are being run by tightassed puritans in modern clothing. Up theirs. If it's legal in another country then you have to ask yourself how we can justify ruining so many lives in the US based upon puritanical bullcrap.

We have a very bad model for "controlling" drug use in our culture. It's the model of force and punishment, and it's proven a million times over to be a failure. Why do we keep believing in it? Are we so terrified of what "might" happen that we can't allow ourselves to see the truth of a bad law? The terrified feeling is what got drummed into us by tightassed puritans, and we're all running around pretending, and running around beating up people like Rodney for doing what should be his RIGHT.

Up theirs. Forgive this.

:yeahthat:

... except I'm against allowing purveyors of harmful drugs to walk scot free. That's not right. Can't allow that. And those who insist on using drugs or participating in behaviors that harm themselves should be pay an enormous extra premium on their health insurance.

//

Last edited:
Nothing to forgive.

As far as I'm concerned he's returning from a 4 week sprained ankle.

I agree with this.
Unfortunately there is no choice for this in the poll.
Sorry Patsnutme, I'm gonna have to refrain from voting on this one.

Should we have another poll for " have you forgiven BB for cheating?".

I agree with this.
Unfortunately there is no choice for this in the poll.
Sorry Patsnutme, I'm gonna have to refrain from voting on this one.

Should we have another poll for " have you forgiven BB for cheating?".

Quite frankly when I started this thread and poll it was intended to be a Rodney support thread. The results of the 'voting" do not surrprise me. I could have been shocked and regretted starting the poll, but it has turned out as I expected, maybe even more on Rodney's then I imagined.

Of coarse there is nothing to forgive as far as I'm concerned. But as you may recall there were many angry posters toward Rodney when this story first came out. But in the four weeks that he has been gone we are 4-0 and I guess that made the anger go away.

As I mentioned before, some of the players or their family members view this forum, so seeing an overwhelming show of support for Rodney may make some feel good.

Here is a question to all of you: Would you take HGH for $1m/yr?

It is that kind of difference for players. It might bring them to the NFL dance for a couple years, it might lengthen their career some. There is a VERY large monetary benefit for them to do this.

I do not blame a single player in the NFL for this. By earning all that money, they pay for generations of their family to attend college, live comfortably and retire comfortably.

I would (and plan to) take it for FREE!!!! :D

WHAT EXACTLY IS HGH?
Human Growth Hormone (somatotropin - also referred to as rHGH, HGH, or GH) is created by the pituitary gland, the primary form consisting of a 191 amino acid chain. When we are young, HGH is in big part responsible for the proper growth of bones, muscle, and other tissues. Too little of this hormone and we remain dwarfs … too much and we become giants and/or suffer from abnormal growth deformities. As we become adults, HGH is responsible for keeping muscles from wasting away, supports healthy immune system response, regulates aspects of our metabolic function dealing with increased fat metabolism and healthy body composition in later life, and maintains and repairs our skin and other tissues.

Our levels of HGH peak while we are adolescents and then begin to drop off sharply beginning in our 30’s. By our 60’s, our daily HGH secretion can be as little as 10% of what it was during our youth. Many of the markers of aging are affected by this decrease in HGH. Some of the results of this are:

· Increase in fat.
· Decrease in muscle and lean body structures.
· Decreased skin texture resulting in a less youthful appearance.
· Decreased bone density, onset of osteoporosis.
· Decreased brain function, loss of intellect with aging.
· Decreased sex drive.
· Decrease in overall physical and mental well being.
· Increase in sleep disorders, lower quality of sleep.
· Depression and fatigue.

The addition of supplemental HGH beginning in the latter 30’s can reverse or improve these symptoms in the majority of people attempting therapy. This is why you will often hear references with respect to HGH as “the fountain of youth” and other similar terms. It can present a better quality of life for those aging.

Quite frankly when I started this thread and poll it was intended to be a Rodney support thread. The results of the 'voting" do not surrprise me. I could have been shocked and regretted starting the poll, but it has turned out as I expected, maybe even more on Rodney's then I imagined.

Of coarse there is nothing to forgive as far as I'm concerned. But as you may recall there were many angry posters toward Rodney when this story first came out. But in the four weeks that he has been gone we are 4-0 and I guess that made the anger go away.

As I mentioned before, some of the players or their family members view this forum, so seeing an overwhelming show of support for Rodney may make some feel good.

It's all good, Patsnutme.
But I was a little surprised to see you word it the way you did.
The wording of the poll, that is.

Last edited:
I was mad/disappointed at first when I heard the news. But then I thought to myself, how can I fault a guy that's been through as many injuries as Rodney, and wants to do all he can to get back on the field and help his team. In fact, in a weird sense it made me respect him even more. It shows how much he really cares about being out there playing the game.

i joined the majority in the top box on the poll, but i'm there because of his attitude...he admitted what he did in an up front way, asked our forgiveness and served his suspension without any BS...i respect that a whole lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back