• Yes, I feel so dirty.

Votes: 11 11.5%
  • I'm so ashamed of myself

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • I like feeling dirty and talking dirty

Votes: 15 15.6%
  • I don't feel the least bit dirty.

Votes: 16 16.7%
  • I'm very proud to be a Patriots fan and always will!

Votes: 62 64.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Blah, blah, blah...and we're disappointed in your weak fan support...you've GOT to be kidding!:rolleyes:

NO team or player is perfect. Especially when is comes to the "Spying" game. ALL teams participate in this type of behavior and I agree it's stupid...BUT THEY ALL DO IT!

Amen, brother. It's naive to think that the other 31 NFL teams do not participate in spying. Think about all of the baseball teams that have been accused of installing cameras around their home ballparks. To think that football teams aren't using the same technology is ridiculous. I'm not condoning videotaping; I'm just saying it's naive to think the Patriots are the only team doing this.

I'd like more details before I make a full comment but I believe that the Patriots engaged in an activity, signal stealing, that is common among the NFL teams. We can see evidence of this happening last year when the Dolphins did it to our team. But nobody even chirped about it. The Patriots did not press any charges. But NOW that the Patriots are accused of signal stealing, look at how many people step forward to throw stones??

This is a classic example of a double standard. I find this exercise in rock throwing (from glass houses no less) unpalatable and I think the accusation is unjust until further proof is given that demonstrates what the Pats did is any different from what other teams in the NFL are DOING on a daily basis.

Well it's finally happened, as we all knew it would, the Patriots have been caught cheating. That "win at all cost" attitude has finally beeen exposed as cheating.

How else can it be explained that the Patriots have won 3 Super bowls, been to 4 AFCCG's, won 5 AFC East titles, a 21 game win streak, and winning 7 straight games against the awesome Jets on their home field. It had to be cheating and now the chickens have come home to roost.

And we knew about it and suuported this team and ignored all the cheating that has gone on. We have enabled them with the sold out stadiums and our fanitic support all of these years.

So, do you feel dirty now? (Well do you,punk! A little Dirty Harry thrown in.)

I did feel "dirty" or ashamed... until I realized that the NFL actually doesn't consider stealing signals to be cheating.

I think a lot of people aren't fully aware of this. Having a guy with binoculars on the sideline or in the stands, on a cellphone, telling the coaches what plays he sees coming is legal apparently. I was shocked to learn that - as this I felt would be considered "cheating".

Apparently the NFL only has a rule that prohibits the recording of the signals - which doesn't strike me as giving an additional gametime advantage, and I'm baffled as to what additional strategic advantage it does provide.

Additionally I've also heard that this rule has been in effect all of ONE game - having just started this seson.

So seeing as the Patriots broke a rule I think they should have to suffer the consequences - but they shouldn't be labled "cheaters" unless the NFL decides that stealing signals is cheating.

Savvy?

Is it important to you?? Do you think I will become a Raiders fan?? What is your agenda???

I stand by my comments. The world has gone nuts. Hurry, run, sound bites, etc. etc etc.

I am only a fan. I know we have the best team in the NFL and we do not need to steal any info.

But I am not Belichick. An introvert. He does not like the media. Gee, I wonder why not.

The world today has got to turn it around. Education. Thinking people. Not fat, lazy, non-thinking folks. I vote because --- well, I do not have a clue.

Sorry, taking this beyond the bounds, but I am so tired of sound bites. Forget this stuff, is there anyone left on this planet that can think????

And I got your number bud. Patsnutme. Got your number.

Is it the #37?

Here's a little something to help you out understanding things, but somehow I doubt it will.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/satire

I don't see how this is cheating, its just being smart. They take pictures of formations during the game, they all see the signals as they are given on the field. WTF is the difference if they videotape it?

The Dolphins used audio tapes, we used videotapes, who cares?

This is all so stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back