PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do you fear Chad Pennington

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dragda said:
yeah, but it beats the Branch threads or should we trade/pick up so and so threads. Doesn't it?

Those are annoying but at least I know what's going on.

holyredeemer said:
I dont understand the complete lack of respect people on this board have for pennington. I am not afraid of him, but you can be damn sure that I wouldnt be at all surprised if he lit us up for a couple hundred yds.

I'd have no problem with him or any QB lighting us up for mucho yardage as long as we play strong RZ/EZ D. We don't need to dominate the opponent statistically -- just out score them.

No I don't fear him. I just feel priviledged to be able to watch a QB like him, hell I feel priviledged just to be able to say his name.

HAH HAHAHAHHAHAHAH! Check out the last game that Penny played the Pats. He got smacked around in his own house. Now he is coming of surgery, again! I'm more worried about the crowd noise then the Jets themselves!

I have a certain amount of fear of Pennington.

a) Remember 2002, when he was healthy. He was simply unstoppable. He scorched us so bad that I still haven't forgotten, and that was with Law and Milloy in our secondary. What if he's healthy again now?

b) He came from a West Virginia school, the same one that gave the NFL Randy Moss and Troy Brown.

Last edited:
I fear I may fall asleep waiting for one of his "deep" throws to come falling back to earth.

holyredeemer said:
I just know this. Losman hasnt done jack **** in the nfl and all game long we couldnt stop him on 3rd down or force him to make any key mistakes. Pennington however has done alot more in this league. So, to have these kind of reactions just seems really ignorant to me.
The Bills were 3 for 11 on third down conversions and Losman had 141 net yards.

Pennington had one good year in the NFL, 2002. That was a while ago.

brady2brown said:

And the Jets had a running game back then to keep D's honest.

brady2brown said:

Point well taken. I was referring to the first half, but I didnt specify that, so thanx for the stats to bring me back to earth. However, Losman played far better then he should have and everyone on this board knows it. My point is that pennington could do it even better. I am not even saying he will. I just think too many fans here are arrogant and disrespectful, some are beginning to seriously resemble the arrogance of raiders fans. Ahhhh, where have all the humble patsfans gone??

holyredeemer said:
Point well taken. I was referring to the first half, but I didnt specify that, so thanx for the stats to bring me back to earth. However, Losman played far better then he should have and everyone on this board knows it. My point is that pennington could do it even better. I am not even saying he will. I just think too many fans here are arrogant and disrespectful, some are beginning to seriously resemble the arrogance of raiders fans. Ahhhh, where have all the humble patsfans gone??
THis is really Losman's sophomore year. He should be a lot better than he was last year. It says something about him, not the Pats.

But yes, I am very disrespectful of Pennington. Not because he is a Jet, but because he just isn't that good. I am disrepectful of guys like Collins and Brunnelle, too, for the same reason.

yeah everyone is scared ****less of Pennington, his bum shoulder, the 65 year old receiver named Lavreneous Coles, and Kevan Barlow with his 1 yard a carry.

Those 3 strike fear in every team.

capt.bdf62f89865f42d1bfcaec08729f77e6.new_hampshire_northwestern_football_ilsf108.jpg

holyredeemer said:
I dont understand the complete lack of respect people on this board have for pennington. I am not afraid of him, but you can be damn sure that I wouldnt be at all surprised if he lit us up for a couple hundred yds.
I just know this. Losman hasnt done jack **** in the nfl and all game long we couldnt stop him on 3rd down or force him to make any key mistakes. Pennington however has done alot more in this league. So, to have these kind of reactions just seems really ignorant to me.

The Pats couldn't stop Losman on 3rd down or force him to make any key mistakes? Hmm, I would have to say that this statement of your means you weren't watching the game because the game I saw had the Pats shutting the Bills down in the 2nd half AND they ended up getting a safety on Losman on a 3rd down play. Kind of blows your whole theory out of the water.

Now, as for Pennington. He's had 1 good game against the Pats. What seems to be ignorant is the idea that Pennington, who is terrible at throwing the long ball and was out all last year because of his shoulder, will miraculously start throwing things other than ducks. The Jets have 2 rookies playing on their O-line and they are going up against one of the best D-lines in the league. I expect the Patriots to be able to put tons of pressue on Pennington.

NorthwesternFan said:
:)

Bills will win the division, because you guys will lose this game like Love Pats.

Me flunk English? That's unpossible.

I dont know what's funnier. Bills winning the division or anyone fearing Pennington.

The correct question is:

Who should be more fearful, the Pats of Chad Pennington or Chad Pennington of the Pats?

I pick the latter.

Actually, I fear for him. Seems like a nice enough guy and has really has worked hard to get back to where he is now.

But, Vrabes, Rosey , or Rodney could end it all for him.

So, I don't fear him, I fear for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes