PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do you EXPECT us to win?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatriotsReign

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I was sitting here thinking about how bad I'd feel if we didn't win the SB this year. As I was reading some posts, I got the feeling not many of us truly expect the Patriots to win...I don't EXPECT it. I really, really hope we'll win it. I "think" we'll win it.

But of course I have doubts.

Then I was thinking about how damn good this team is especially compared to last year's team and how close we came last year...and then it hit me! I don't expect us to win this year any more than I did last year. I know we went 16-0 this year but for whatever reason, I'm no more confident to win it this year than I was last year. Maybe it's because of the way last year ended or maybe I don't want to set my expectations too high.

How do others feel? Please post your feelings & opinions on this.

lets see....i was fully confident we would win in 05.....we lost an ugly game to denver...

then i was sure we would win the SB again in 06....and a terrible half of a football game that i wish i never ever ever saw again happened....and the manning won a sb

and yea, this yr, i completely expect us to win the SB again....but hopefully it will work out more like it did in 03,04 then in 05,06

Sure. I said after we beat the Colts that I'll be shocked if we lose a game. Now, when you have three chances to be shocked that increases the chance so I won't be shocked if we don't win the SB but for any individual game I will be shocked if someone beats us. And I'll be surprised if we don't win it all.

Since 2001 this team has never given me any reason to doubt them.

There are few things in life as reliable as Belichick and Brady.

I'd be shocked if they lost.

I do, but I'm trying to stay grounded.

We could potentially face Jacksonville, Indy, Dallas ...

If it goes down that way, that's a pretty tough playoff schedule, so I am just hoping someone like Indy or Jax gets upset, so we have easier sledding to the big game. I expect us to win, but it certainly could be the toughest road to the Super Bowl that I can remember.

Of course I expect this team to win it all. They're 16-0, the best team in football. They should win it all. Anything less is a major disappointment. However, that is not to say that I'm not worried. There's always the chance for silly things to happen. But there's no team in the NFL that has a better chance than the New England Patriots.

If it goes down that way, that's a pretty tough playoff schedule, so I am just hoping someone like Indy or Jax gets upset, so we have easier sledding to the big game. I expect us to win, but it certainly could be the toughest road to the Super Bowl that I can remember.

I agree. "If" we play & beat those opponents in addition to going 16-0 to win the trophy, that would be an incredible year. Maybe the best ever. But we gotta play the games.

I guess I'm getting pretty excited. I love that we get to rest but damn it's tough on the old nerves.:D

hell, forget that...im HOPING for

JAX, indy, and GB....one is the defending champs (again), another is the up and coming team that "no one wants to face" and that is "build to beat the pats", and the other is the only other worthy NFC team we havent yet beaten/faced....

man, wut a playoff schedule that would be...i would love it...and going 19-0 on top of all that? man wut a dream

I expect them to win.

I don't expect them to win easily, though.

I think part of it is we're in such rarified air, some don't know what to think. Some will say there's no way a team goes 19-0, because it's never happened before, so it can't happen, but that in itself won't keep it from happening.

I think that's how I felt for a long time. Now I feel like this team is so resilient, so rugged, that it's going to take a truly special effort to knock them off, especially at home. That doesn't mean it can't happen, but there is some well earned confidence the team and the fans should have by now.

The media will start the "pressure" talking points next week. It's the low lying fruit. IMO, none of that matters because of the kinds of games a lot of these guys have been involved in before -- 3 SBs, an AFC title game appearance last year and 2 playoff games from 2005.

This team has always played to the level of competition on the field..

Two teams who are not used to the cold or playing outside will probably be coming to Gillette..

Brady has never been better..

Our O line will be healthier..

Our D will be better for the playoffs...

I have really good feelings about this run, and there is no reason to believe that the magic has stopped..

I expect us to run the table here, this willl go down as the greatest sports moment of my life and one that will be talked about for the rest of our lives...

this team looks good enough, with no major injuries, having home field advantage that it is legit that we all expect to win the Super Bowl; of course the competition in the NFL is akways tough and now you have only 1 real game every time

i really really hope we will win; really...

and i hope it will happen

the team right now has a different feel for me, unlike the previous years... in the previous years, i get nervous whether we are ahead or down on points in the game (like the indy-pats afccg), being ahead by 18 pts at the half, didnt give me confidence that we got a great chance to win... unlike this year, despite being down in score heading the fourth quarter, i have this feel of excitement on how are we gonna win the game... (even in games like the ravens and eagles and indy game, i knew we are going to win)...

this is a different team, its very special...

I expect the patriots to win the super bowl. I expect them to beat, but not destory the cowboys or packers, prob win by 10-14 points. same with Indy, maybe a 7-10 point win.

do I expect them to win: I sure do

The thought has crossed my mind on how devastated I would be if they lost.

it would really eat at me. I took it pretty hard last year when the Colts pulled off the biggest comeback in AFC Championship history. I did not go into that game expecting to win, but I came out in the second half expecting to win. In fact, the same thing happened against Pittsburgh in the Championship game in 2004. Do you remember the Steelers made a furious rally after being down 24-3 at halftime. There was a point late in the third quarter where I actually felt we would lose the game, that is until PIttsburgh went for the field goal on 4th and goal (bad call by Cowher).

We are so close to perfection and it would extremely disappoint me if it didn't happen. We are too good and have come too far to lose now.

The close games in the second half of the season have led me to believe that the Patriots are capable of being beaten. We have been fortunate enough to be able to make the plays at the right time. Hopefully the ball will continue to bounce our way.

An interesting post, as I was wondering the same thing. As I think about it, I go into every game knowing that we can be beat and that it's going to be a struggle. That said, as we'd never had this much talent on the team and might not see it again, a playoff loss is going to be a big pill to swallow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back