PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do you care if we win by 1 or win in a blowout sunday? -Does it mean any more to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
What is your view on the situation IF we win sunday do you care if its just a squeaker 1 point victory or will you be dissapointed if we don't win by double digits like the Colts demonstrated last night.

Personally to me a win is a win even if it happens by way of a last second FG but I am sure to some fans you want your team to show total domination and want garbage time players in by the early 4th quarter.

What is your view?

Re: Do you care if we win by 1 or win in a blowout sunday? -Does it mean any more to

a win's a win!

Re: Do you care if we win by 1 or win in a blowout sunday? -Does it mean any more to

D I T T O...a win is a win..no matter what....

To quote the movie "Mighty Ducks"

"It ain't worth winning if you can't win big".

Blow these clowns out.

Ditto . . . win is a win . . . .

Last edited:

i couldnt care less how we win.

a win is a win...but we need to blow them out and set the tone for the rest of the season. No, i am not suggesting throwing the ball when you have a super lead like some teams would, but we need to stomp them in the neck

When your team's involved, you always want a 42-0 rout. When other teams are involved, that 27-24 squeaker is far more entertaining.

The Patriots have won three Super Bowls by a total of 9 points. As long as they win, I will be happy. The Brady bunch knows HOW to win...that's all that counts.

a win's a win, but squeakers aren't good for the ticker as I get older. If I had to choose, I'd pick a blowout.

But, I'll settle for a 1-pointer :cool:

win by 1 - 90% satisfaction
win by 7 - 94% satisfaction
win by 14 or more - 98% satisfied
win by 14 or more and Fireman dude starts crying on national TV and Mangini has a fit and gets ejected and Gostkowski hits a 50+ yarder - 100% satisfied

Last edited:

I just want to win. Everyone thinks we have it in the bag. Lets not underestimate Mangina.

Winning is what matters. But I do care a bit how the team looks and a big win would increase my sense of optimism about the season.

I always want the win first and the team to play well second. But I would greatly prefer they play like crap in a 1 point win than play outstanding in a loss.

I love the close, last second victories. Excitement. That's why I watch the game. But then a blow-out against the Jets would be sweet!

a win is a win.

however, a blowout would definitely be more enjoyable.

a 1-point win would not be enjoyable if we were up big early and pissed the lead away.

that said, coming back on the Jets after THEY went up big early and winning by 1 point would be very enjoyable as well. I'm reminded of the "tale of two halves" game in 2001 when Freddy Coleman made that huge catch.

Winning is what matters. But I do care a bit how the team looks and a big win would increase my sense of optimism about the season.

Exactly. It's not quite as simple as "a win is a win" to me. This is our first real look at the 2007 Patriots, and the early part of their season is brutal. I'd like them to come out strong out of the gate -- win, and look good doing it. The score isn't a big deal, though. A solid 17-10 victory, well played on both sides, would be terrific. A sloppy nailbiter where they eke out a win on a couple of lucky bounces would not be so terrific.

Exactly. It's not quite as simple as "a win is a win" to me. This is our first real look at the 2007 Patriots, and the early part of their season is brutal. I'd like them to come out strong out of the gate -- win, and look good doing it. The score isn't a big deal, though. A solid 17-10 victory, well played on both sides, would be terrific. A sloppy nailbiter where they eke out a win on a couple of lucky bounces would not be so terrific.
You've just described week 1s game LAST year against Buffalo - The D in particular Wilfork won that game in the end zone.

I don't care about the points, but I want to see Maroney with 100+ on the ground and Randy with at least 3 catches.

i would prefere a blowout but i will not complain if we will win by 1

a win is a win as many said

I always prefer the big blowouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots