Welcome to PatsFans.com

Do you all see where this is all going?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Snarf, Jul 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snarf

Snarf Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -1

Haynesworth... stunning move, and I LOVE it!!

Do you all see what's going on here? BB is SICK of getting pushed around. He's sick of his team getting outmuscled. He's sick of Brady getting crushed. He's sick of offenses pushing us around. He's sick of 2nd halfs where we collapse due to being outsized and outconditioned.

Our O and D lines are slowly turning into a set of GIANTS. We're beefing up so quickly on the lines that we're clearly entering an era of smashmouth Patriots football.

We're going to run the football down opposition throats this year. Run, run, run. Tons of TE formations, tons of little Gronkowski TDs. Tons of 4-5 yard plays. Exhausting... wearing out... sapping the life out.. of the opposing defenses.

And on defense we'll do the same. Huge line will be a WALL. We'll manhandle those OLs and wear them out.

This is going to be a season where we EXHAUST oppositions. We'll wear them out, run them down, and totally dominate second halfs.

I hope you're all ready for the most physical and most dominating Patriots lines ever!

2. farn

farn 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +135 / 3 / -4

Not sure IT means all THAT, but I also like it because you know it's not going to be a high financial risk and a 5th in 2013 is practically saying "take this guy off our hands"...

Not much risk, lotsa upside.

3. State

State In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -8

#70 Jersey

This reminds me when Belichick was in Cleveland and Parcells was here. We played them in the play-offs and lost.

Parcells said it was the superior lines of the Browns. They were too big and strong.

Belichick is doing it again.

We never regained form once Seymour was traded and Jarvis Green left. Now on paper we're back. So very f--king back.

4. Frick

Frick Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Might not be able to do it for 3 downs but now we have our own version of Suh and Fairley.All things considered could be interesting.

5. Spiral

Spiral PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +46 / 4 / -1

In general, I agree--but Jarvis Green? He was part of the problem.

6. sbpatfan

sbpatfan Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Eh, Fairley isn't even a proven player. Defensive Tackles bust just as often as any other position. I do like the depth on the defensive line now.

7. betterthanthealternative

betterthanthealternative In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +316 / 10 / -2

BB hinted at the beginning of last year that the pendulum was overdue in swinging back to the power game. I assume he's trying to get ahead of that curve. That was my first thought when I heard about Big Albert.

8. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Albert will be either a beast like he was in 06 or he will be the fat worthless slob he was in Washington.

We could have another Junior Seau who came to play or Adalius Thomas who came to throw Kraft's money away.

This is a 50/50 gamble

9. s3antana5757

s3antana5757 On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Don't forget about Solder in the draft, Cannon in the draft, and bringing back Light. Should control both trenches. Now we just need to fix the LBs and WRs.

10. mgcolby

mgcolby Woohoo, I'm a VIP!!! PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

Not trying to be an ass, so please don't take it that way. But let Fairley play a down or two in the NFL before comparing two all-pro's to Suh and Fairley as opposed to comparing Suh and Fairley to Vince and Albert.

11. furry

furry Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

He has the money now that Snyder paid him, he should be here to play

Big should i know

12. andrewgarrr

andrewgarrr Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

A lot of what you're saying seems contingent upon Mankins future as a Patriot. He is the toughness and nastiness in the Patriots' offensive line.

SIGN THE BEAST

Last edited: Jul 28, 2011
  13. stinkypete

stinkypete In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -1

#24 Jersey

The Ochocinco trade only adds to the plan. The Pats didn't need a deep receiver, they needed another ballsy guy to go up the middle into traffic and take attention off of Welker, and to make the sideline catch (an alament to the offense that has been lacking since Gaffney left).

What does a defense do when Welker, Branch, Ochocinco, Hernandez and Gronkowski are on the field?

What does an offense do when it's facing Wilfork and Haynesworth in the middle with Mike Wright mutilating some poor RT off the edge, McCourty and Bodden waiting upfield to pick the pass off.

I'm damn excited.

14. italia44

italia44 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

"We're going to the moon,Alice.....'we're going to the moon":rocker:

15. signbabybrady

signbabybrady Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +299 / 1 / -1

#24 Jersey

fixed it for you.

16. BradyFTW!

BradyFTW! PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,588 / 20 / -4

#12 Jersey

100% agree. The Seymour trade has been murdering us for two solid years; glad to see that his loss was finally addressed in a meaningful way.

17. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

By my count, the Pats have four new starters (upgrades) over last year's 14-2 club (five starters if you include Mankins).

18. patsfaninpa

patsfaninpa In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +298 / 11 / -3

Not going to end there It ends in Indy 2/5/12 with Belichick/Brady lifting another Lombardi in Manning/Polian's house

19. Le Numéro Douze

Le Numéro Douze On the Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

While I do agree with pretty much everything you said, I don't think we will run the ball all that much this year. We have the best QB in the game and one of the best sets of receivers in football.

Yes, I can see the Pats running a little bit more than last year, but I expect to see a LOT of screen plays to Welker and Woodhead. Those will be our primary "running" plays, just like they were with Welker and Faulk in 2007. Our OL will attack the other team's DL and Tom will give the ball to our two speedsters. That's how we will use "running" the most I think.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2011
  20. Sciz

Sciz PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +507 / 1 / -1

Including TWO new DEs, which should help both the rush and pass defense a lot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.