Welcome to PatsFans.com

Do What Your Told

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +296 / 1 / -9

Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
  2. alvinnf

alvinnf Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Finish the job? Finish off America?
  3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

Here is what he said, and I agree... Herr Rush and Herr Glenn give their orders daily, as well as the talking point du jour.

."
  4. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +249 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

obama wants the Dems to do what they're told - you know rahm does - but the Dems know they'll be kicked out on the street so they're scared. Thank God.
  5. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

It is amazing how Drudge and Breitbart framed these comments, at best they are fairly innocuous... but we have come to expect the continual propagandizing of the news... unfortunately most viewers are not discriminate enough to know the difference.
  6. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Rookie

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

You have to admit it happens on both sides but there appears to be a campaign by the WH to discredit and marginalize FoxNews (Alinsky techniques). The problem is that when a politician who is used to operating in a one party system, ( most big cities like Chicago and certain states like Massachusetts on the Democratic side, now parts of the deep South on the Republican side) they have troubles negotiating or dealing with the 'give and take' required to get things done in a bipartisan setting. It's a lot easier to lash out and to distract by calling them 'talk radio' than to address the problems at hand, high unemployment, weak dollar,a growing deficit, loss of support for the health care reform among the Democrats, and a decision on Afghanistan. It will work to blame his predecessor for the problems ( and rightly so on some of the issues) but at some point, either later this year or by next summer, he will have to take ownership of them....in time for the midterm elections.
    You are right that some people parrot what they hear on TV while others make up their own mind. I watch Fox,CNN and MSNBc. While I cringe at some of the things on MSNBC, I can discuss them and give reasons for opposing them...without having someone do my thinking for me.........unlike other married men I know!!!
  7. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

You obviously do not understand Alinsky, he employed an entire method.. at best this is guerilla warfare.. Alinsky gets thrown around, but is very misunderstood. One could say that Rover used Alinsky methods, but nothing is further from the truth.
  8. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Rookie

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

Oh I think I do understand it. Pick a target, freeze it ,isolate and discredit it to negate it..... Here's a more articulate version with quotes from good ole Saul....
    Sense of Events: Attack on Fox News right out of Alinsky playbook