Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Do you want to face the Jets in the Playoffs?

• Yes - Bring them on! They suck and we can destroy them!

Votes: 16 28.6%
  • No - Too hard to beat a team 3 times in a row

Votes: 21 37.5%
  • Not gonna happen, no way crappy Jets make it to the playoffs this year.

Votes: 23 41.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW, my ideal wish would for them to lose the last two games and end the second on a three game losing streak at 8-8 and the fans and media turning on Ryan.

Actually Mike Lombardi is opining that would be the best case scenario for them since just getting to the playoffs has seemingly just fed the beast that is Rex's downfall, the false bravado. Whereas missing out would force him to face the facts and start holding his players accountable instead of blowing smoke to distract them and everyone else from their shortcomings. I just read where his twin is blathering about how he will be a HC too as his team stumbles towards the playoffs. Their subconscious insecurity and need to prop themselves up publicly - inherited from the old man obviously - is the reason neither of them is HC material. They are shortsighted strategists who live in the moment with little appreciation for long term goals. No wonder Rex was such a fit in NY and Rob fits right in with Jerry in Dallas.

NFL.com news: Ryan's false bravado act harms Jets more than it helps

BTW, my ideal wish would for them to lose the last two games and end the second on a three game losing streak at 8-8 and the fans and media turning on Ryan.

Exactly. Beating the Jets again would be sweet and I think the Pats would win.

But watching their complete failure in not even being worthy to play the Pats would be sweeter.

Actually Mike Lombardi is opining that would be the best case scenario for them since just getting to the playoffs has seemingly just fed the beast that is Rex's downfall, the false bravado. Whereas missing out would force him to face the facts and start holding his players accountable instead of blowing smoke to distract them and everyone else from their shortcomings. I just read where his twin is blathering about how he will be a HC too as his team stumbles towards the playoffs. Their subconscious insecurity and need to prop themselves up publicly - inherited from the old man obviously - is the reason neither of them is HC material. They are shortsighted strategists who live in the moment with little appreciation for long term goals. No wonder Rex was such a fit in NY and Rob fits right in with Jerry in Dallas.

NFL.com news: Ryan's false bravado act harms Jets more than it helps

Have you listened to Rex Ryan this week? You would think that the Jets were the team at 11-3 locking up the AFC East and controled their own destiny for HFA, not the Pats. Getting embarrassed by the Eagles has done nothing to stop his bravado this week.

I think it is in Ryan's DNA to be boisterous like this. I don't think an 8-8 season with a late season collapse will change him. He will still proclaim sometime during the offseason or preseason that 2012 will be the year the Jets win the Super Bowl. He will still say the Jets are the most talented team in the NFL. He will still say the Jets can beat anyone. That is just who he is.

He won't change until his players turn on him or he gets canned. That is my prediction.

I hope they don't make it and and even if they do i hope we don't play em. You know how the ball bounces in the playoffs. I think it would be difficult to defeat a Team Three Thimes...go Giants.

Last edited:
Have you listened to Rex Ryan this week? You would think that the Jets were the team at 11-3 locking up the AFC East and controled their own destiny for HFA, not the Pats. Getting embarrassed by the Eagles has done nothing to stop his bravado this week.

I think it is in Ryan's DNA to be boisterous like this. I don't think an 8-8 season with a late season collapse will change him. He will still proclaim sometime during the offseason or preseason that 2012 will be the year the Jets win the Super Bowl. He will still say the Jets are the most talented team in the NFL. He will still say the Jets can beat anyone. That is just who he is.

He won't change until his players turn on him or he gets canned. That is my prediction.

I agree 100%. If they miss the playoffs, he'll hold a press conference and announce that the Jets should be considered the favorites for the 2013 Super Bowl.

Just because they beat us last year doesn't mean we shouldn't want them again. They are a threat, but so is every other team. At this point, there is not an easier matchup for us aside from maybe Denver again, IMO.

Plus if Bmore-Pitt play, the winner of that game is going to be beaten up for us.

The one thing the Fat Boy does well as a coach is to motivate his team for one particular game. Couple that with the fact that it is difficult to beat any NFL team three times in one season, and that is why I don't want to see the Jets in the playoffs. Plus, the sooner the Jets dont make the playoffs, the sooner the Fat Boy's coaching career in NYC will implode, and that will be fun to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes