Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Do you want to face the Jets in the Playoffs?

• Yes - Bring them on! They suck and we can destroy them!

Votes: 16 28.6%
  • No - Too hard to beat a team 3 times in a row

Votes: 21 37.5%
  • Not gonna happen, no way crappy Jets make it to the playoffs this year.

Votes: 23 41.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GrogansArmy

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Personally, I want no part of the Jets in the playoffs; last year's playoffs was embarrassing enough. I would be happiest if Jets didn't even make it to the playoffs, but I guess that's too far-fetched for that to happen.

As for facing the Jets it seems people are of two minds, either:

1. We don't want to face the Jets as its very difficult to beat a team 3 times in a row.

Or

2. We want the Jets as they are the weakest team and one that we know how to beat.

So, what do you think? Do you want us to face the Jets in the Playoffs?

Last edited:
I don't think they'll make it, and I'm routing for them to miss them, but if they do make it, I think the Pats will destroy them, I thought that last year too :D but I think they just aren't that good and if we can't beat them, they we wouldn't deserve to move on anyways.

Can't believe no one's voted that we'd destroy them. Reading other threads it seemed like quite of a few of us wanted the Jets in the playoffs over anyone else because we'd kill them. What happened to the bravado?

don't care.......

I would rather see the pats maul 'em a 3rd time, but them not making the playoffs would be very entertaining for the aftermath

everybody says its a easy out... i rather play pitt again.... last year everybody was saying the jets are the team we want... not this year

I wanted them last year, then watched in horror as we make mistakes after mistakes after mistakes. I still dream of that Brady's Int.
So this year, whatever the gods gives us, is what I want. Not going to wish for any team.

Its not that I believe in tha three times in a row nonsense, but I just dont want them in there. Not that it will ever stop Rexy talking BS, but it will make it clear to Management that he is.

I'd love to see them miss the playoffs, but I don't want to have to face the Chargers. Go Bengals.

I don't much care.

Whoever we play will have a 1.000 record in the playoffs at the time of kickoff.

Let me amend that, slightly. I don't want to face a wild card team. Any wild card team we face would have a 1.000 ROAD record in the playoffs at that point.

Last edited:
No, that paper bag i wore after last january's loss to the rats was a little hard to breath in, i don't want to take a chance.

I say no, the "beat em 3 times" jinx is too much, plus I want to see those jerks sitting home in January after New Year's Day, whether we get to play them or not.

I will grudgingly "root" for the Giants this week to stick a fork in the Jets (can't stand the Giants either; they've messed us up too many times in the last 4 years).

They can still give the Pats fits. I say no.

really??? really?????? The New Jersey Jets won that game last year because BB was out coached. Not happening twice in two years....it just isn't.

Bring on Complain-ian Thomalson, Santonio 'first down' Holmes and the idiot who shoots himself in the leg for fun. And please...bring on that franchise quarterback who can't throw a spiral more than 20 yards! :cool:

Problem is they are going to get smoked by the Giants Saturday and my retaliation dream will end.

I'd rather face the Broncos, and that the Jets never make the playoffs again!

I voted one and three. I want the Pats to play them because I think the Pats can crush them for a third time, but I think both the Giants and Dolphins are bad match up for them and they could lose one or both those games. The Giants have a dominant pass rush which hurts the Jets' biggest deficiency on offense - the o-line. The Dolphins have Reggie Bush that seriously plays into one of their biggest weaknesses on defense - lack of speed.

I say no, the "beat em 3 times" jinx is too much, plus I want to see those jerks sitting home in January after New Year's Day, whether we get to play them or not.

I will grudgingly "root" for the Giants this week to stick a fork in the Jets (can't stand the Giants either; they've messed us up too many times in the last 4 years).

Between 1970 and 2008, when teams faced three times in one season and one team won the first two; that team won the third for the hat trick 63% of the time. There is no jinx. Based on past history, the jinx is against the team that lost the first two games.

BTW, my ideal wish would for them to lose the last two games and end the second on a three game losing streak at 8-8 and the fans and media turning on Ryan.

BTW, my ideal wish would for them to lose the last two games and end the second on a three game losing streak at 8-8 and the fans and media turning on Ryan.
This!!!!!!!

I don't want them in the playoffs because that would mean rooting for them to win at least 1 of their next two games. I hope the Giants devastate them so much that the Jets are incapable of showing up against Miami in week 17.

IF we win the #1 seed (not a done deal yet, obviously) then I think we would want to root for the #6 seed to upset the Texans. In truth, whoever gets the #6 seed will not be a very good team UNLESS the Chargers can somehow sneak in (mathematically possible). I don't think the Jets, Bengals or Titans would cause us any concern here. Of course, if the Texans win and we play the winner of the 4 v. 5 game, the Ravens or Steelers would be a huge challenge. IMO, best case scenario, we only have to play 1 of the Ravens or Steelers, in Foxboro, in the AFC Championship game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back