Welcome to PatsFans.com

Do We Stop Iran From Developing Nukes?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by ljuneau, Jul 23, 2008.

1. ljuneau

ljuneau Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

After reading some arguments for and against the Iraq war on these boards, I'm interested in hearing what you all think should be done about Iran and their nuclear ambitions. I have my opinions but will keep them to myself so I don't influence your comments in any way. Please address one or more of the following questions:

Should we do anything to prevent Iran from developing nuclear weapons? If so, what?

Do you believe Israel will take military action against Iran in the near future? If so, what affect do you think it will have in the Middle East?

Do you believe the United States will take military action against Iran with or without Israel? If so when?

(Love the back and forth on these boards. Go Pats.)

2. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +901 / 7 / -3

Of course we try to stop them, but ultimately they're going to get them, if they try hard enough. I'm opposed to military action against Iran. I don't think an air strike is going to achieve much, outside of fueling tensions and animosity. Invading is dumb, since the people there aren't the problem, and such an action could negatively affect that fact. Sanctions is about as far as you can go. What I'd do, is let Iran know that the second a nuke goes off somewhere, and it's Iranian, they'll be turned into glass.

3. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I am opposed to nuclear weapons in general. I am opposed to proliferation. I am opposed to interference in any countries domestic affairs, especially when they have done nothing to threaten the security of the US. If Iran has threatened us, we have to treat them and ALL OTHER COUNTRIES who have also threatened our security in a similar way with an equal response. We can't be cherry-picking our enemies.

We should not take any military actions against Iran. They are a sovereign nation who has as much right to have nukes as Israel and Pakistan do. I used to hear that Brazil was working on a nuclear program. Should we do something about them?

4. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

1. Of course we should attempt to stop them. Nobody should have nuclear weapons. I belive the diplomacy should revolve around logic.

meaning: If you need power so bad, USE ALL THE OIL YOU ARE SITTING ON. And wwhy would you want to create a power source (nuclear) that lasts only 30 years, and you will have to control the haz-mat for the next 22,000 years? If the Egyptians used nuclear power to build the pyramids, they woudl still be giuarding the nuclear waste today, and for the next 20,000 years!

2. I think Israel wants to start armageddon. They want the holy land, so does everyone else. Unless they turn the land into a Religious Tolerance center or something, they will always be fighting...over something that nobody can prove.

3. NO WAY we go it alone or strike first. If we do indeed assist or initiate a military action against Iran, we will have WW3 on our hands, and you should take some advice from Iron Maiden:

"RUN TO THE HILLS.......RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!"

the entire situation is a "Bad Idea Jeans" Comercial.

5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,131 / 3 / -10

Those crooks in the UN should be the ones to stop them if they don't then we should but they will have a four year head start if Prince BaracK Hussein Obama is Coronated, Iran could build a Nuke right In Madison Square Garden and the Obama Groupies would give them free pizza and a standing ovation.

6. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +572 / 50 / -7

#75 Jersey

Iran is behind and fianances HAMMAS and HELLBOLLAH and Al QUEDA in IRAQ

That is a true statement and such a well known fact even Obama has to admit it.

Now think about this, are you really going to allow a country that trains, supplies and fianances these terrorists to have nuclear weapons?

Of course not, Iran has a large pro-american culture that lives here in the US, and if the US didn't elect an idiot who had no business being President (sounds eeerrily familar doesn't it), this would have never happened (and we would still own the Panama Canal).

The US must not allow Iran to have nuclear capabilities, and have to stop this from happening by any means neccesary.

Unless of course, your middle name is Hussein, then you are going to be them to stop this by asking them nicely.

7. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +568 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

I agree RW...but I'd do one other thing (if we can pull it off). I'd set up an anti-missile test off the shore of Iran in the Persian Gulf.

Why can't we send up 6 missiles in a row and shoot down all 6 with ABM's? I think the problem is, we might only get 4 out of 6.