PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do we score too fast?

Status
Not open for further replies.

reflexblue

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
With all the talk of running up the score is part of the perception problem that we score to early and often. We'er usually ahead by 30 points by halftime and even more by the middle of the 3rd qtr. So anything we do after that offensivly looks like were running it up. I have no problem withit .I want to score early and often.

Last edited:
Re: Do we score to fast?

If the Colts attempt to limit the Patriots time of possession by letting Addai get a lot of reps, the Patriots ability to score fast will be a good thing - and it will undermine their strategy.

All things being equal (i.e. no turnovers) each team should get pretty much the same number of possessions.

The Patriots ability to score quickly can easilly nullify the Colts ball possession strategy - though the longer the Colts eat up the clock the fewer possessions everyone will have, and the closer the game will be.

....TOO....

Sorry....it was killing me.

Last edited:

Alright I'll correct it. ;) Whoops can't.

Word, my man,

Agree with your observation to a point. We gotta score TOO fast, and keep the foot on the gas the whole game.

Ironic isn't it?

Usually WE are the ones talking about how we need to keep the ball out of Manning's hands, huh?

its official.....BIZZARO season has begun!

If the Colts attempt to limit the Patriots time of possession by letting Addai get a lot of reps, the Patriots ability to score fast will be a good thing - and it will undermine their strategy.

All things being equal (i.e. no turnovers) each team should get pretty much the same number of possessions.

The Patriots ability to score quickly can easilly nullify the Colts ball possession strategy - though the longer the Colts eat up the clock the fewer possessions everyone will have, and the closer the game will be.
I'm not complaining about scoring too fast. I want to score on the first posesion. What I was attempting to say was this. By the time the middle of the 3rd qtr rolled around on sunday,almost any Sunday this year were ahead usually by a score of app. 40-10. So anything we attempt to do after that i.e. run the ball,put in the third string qb who works on his reps. appears to the country in general like were trying to run up the score. When in fact what else are we suppose to do,keep giving the ball to the opposition till they score like in girls softball? But the national perception is that were trying to humiliate the other team. Hence all this BS we'ev been hearing lately

Against Indy I want to be up by three td by the end of the first half.

Last edited:

Turnovers don't usually change the number of possessions. You may fumble a dozen times and get intercepted a dozen times, but both teams will still have the same number of possessions. The only exception would be onside kicks or fumbles on kickoffs/punts.

By the time the middle of the 3rd qtr rolled around on sunday,almost any Sunday this year were ahead usually by a score of app. 40-10. So anything we attempt to do after that i.e. run the ball,put in the third string qb who works on his reps. appears to the country in general like were trying to run up the score.
I hear what your saying, but I have to say who cares what Shaun King or Mark Shlereth think? They are bonesheads. And anyone who thinks scoring a lot is bad because Shaun King and Mark Shlereth say so is a double noodlehead!

How do you score 50 points if you don't do it fast?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back