Welcome to PatsFans.com

Do we now go back to the shotgun offense like 2007?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by PatriotDynasty_12, Nov 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PatriotDynasty_12

PatriotDynasty_12 On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I'll be the first to say that I'm a bigger fan of throwing (probably because we've been blessed with Lord Brady for so long) and seeing Cassel throw for 400 yards and 3 TD's makes me want to see A LOT more of that. Start from the shot-gun from opening snap, and go no huddle. It was a thing of beauty last night in the 2nd half and could not be stopped. Reminded me of what they used to do last year.

Damn! That game had everthing last night! Stupid NFL O.T rules.

2. ctpatsfan77

ctpatsfan77 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,277 / 18 / -8

#3 Jersey

Actually, if you look at the play-by-plays, you might be surprised at just how much time Cassel is spending in the shotgun. Not sure if it's the majority of snaps as it was last year, but it's definitely close.

3. PatriotDynasty_12

PatriotDynasty_12 On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Maybe it's because he was actually throwing it deeper. Been so used to seeing Cassel throw to Welker for 2 yard gains. He was constantly attacking the outside, going for 8-12 yards.

4. upstater1

upstater1 Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +152 / 9 / -3

No.

Against a smaller faster defense, I say, NO. We run it.

Personally, there's very little about the offensive gameplan that I would change when we played Indy.

As always, you attack your opponent's weaknesses. Obviously, against the Jets, they struggle defending the pass.

5. PATSYLICIOUS

PATSYLICIOUS Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +152 / 1 / -3

#12 Jersey

Like I said in the other thread, as much as I loved watching Cassel throw for 400 yards, we're not going to win in January like that. I want our defense off the field as much as possible. You gotta wonder how the last 2 Jets scoring drives would have ended if the defense wasn't on the field for nearly 40 minutes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.