PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do we now go back to the shotgun offense like 2007?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatriotDynasty_12

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
I'll be the first to say that I'm a bigger fan of throwing (probably because we've been blessed with Lord Brady for so long) and seeing Cassel throw for 400 yards and 3 TD's makes me want to see A LOT more of that. Start from the shot-gun from opening snap, and go no huddle. It was a thing of beauty last night in the 2nd half and could not be stopped. Reminded me of what they used to do last year.

Damn! That game had everthing last night! Stupid NFL O.T rules.

I'll be the first to say that I'm a bigger fan of throwing (probably because we've been blessed with Lord Brady for so long) and seeing Cassel throw for 400 yards and 3 TD's makes me want to see A LOT more of that. Start from the shot-gun from opening snap, and go no huddle. It was a thing of beauty last night in the 2nd half and could not be stopped. Reminded me of what they used to do last year.

Actually, if you look at the play-by-plays, you might be surprised at just how much time Cassel is spending in the shotgun. Not sure if it's the majority of snaps as it was last year, but it's definitely close.

Actually, if you look at the play-by-plays, you might be surprised at just how much time Cassel is spending in the shotgun. Not sure if it's the majority of snaps as it was last year, but it's definitely close.

Maybe it's because he was actually throwing it deeper. Been so used to seeing Cassel throw to Welker for 2 yard gains. He was constantly attacking the outside, going for 8-12 yards.

No.

Against a smaller faster defense, I say, NO. We run it.

Personally, there's very little about the offensive gameplan that I would change when we played Indy.

As always, you attack your opponent's weaknesses. Obviously, against the Jets, they struggle defending the pass.

Like I said in the other thread, as much as I loved watching Cassel throw for 400 yards, we're not going to win in January like that. I want our defense off the field as much as possible. You gotta wonder how the last 2 Jets scoring drives would have ended if the defense wasn't on the field for nearly 40 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes