PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do we need to put out a APB again for Thomas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Pa Patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
I know he showed up last week against Buffalo, but isnt he the guy that was suppose to help out across the middle?? I think Thomas is best suited for the outside, and I think we will see that if Colvin cant go... Thomas was our cure all and cure all for LB's, but he has been a C at best this yr.. Colvin though had a real bad game last nite and I think if he misses time it would see what Thomas is capable of.

I brought this up before but was told IT TAKES TIME TO LEARN THE PATS WAY. He was a All Pro so I expected more than I have seen from him.
If we has gotten Urlacher( just was comparison) I bet it wouldn't take him 10 games or so to learn our system.

You all just need to stop. If you are going to make comments about the contributions of a LB in the Pats' defense, shouldn't you first know what he was being asked to do?

Without watching any tape, I can remember this much:

1) He (and others) sealed up any inside running opportunities for Westbrook, who finished with under 100 total yards.
2) He applied pressure, forcing Feeley to rush a throw that went directly to Asante for the first TD.

That is just what I saw in real-time. Without knowing his role in the gameplan, he might have executed perfectly. He might have executed poorly. We will never know.

What do you need to see to call off your APB?

MIA for most of the year.

oohh boy !! harsh board today....everybody sucks....unless they have two pix i guess

Thomas is a beast out there. plays inside (how many yards did PHL get inside?). plays bull rush OLB, contributed to the Asante pic6.

He was the reason for the Asante Samuel TD/INT. He really deserved credit for it. Samuel had an easy pick because of AD's great rush (one of only two times all night we got pressure on Feeley).

I thought he had a great game last night. He stopped Westbrook on at least 5 runs on the perimeter, and also on passes. I suspect that both he and Seau had responsibility for shadowing Westbrook last night.

As some of the other posters have responded, AD had a good game sunday night.

Really, did some of you who think other wise even watch the entire game?

AD hit Feeley as he was throwing the ball which changed it's flight path and led directly to Asante Samuel's pick 6. One of the biggest plays of the game.

On one of Philly's TD's he almost got to Feeley before he could get rid of it, and on another play AD chased Feeley out of the pocket, but the secondary couldn't maintain coverage. He also made a few other good plays in coverage and against the run finishing the game with 6 solo tackles and one tackle for loss. This coming off last weeks performance where he recorded 2.5 sacks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

After the Redskins game I watched every Patriots defensive play. Freezing the film pre-snap to see where AD lined up, then freezing the video for a split second post snap to fallow his movement, then again freezing the video at the end of the play to see where he was in relation to the outcome, and if he carried out his assignment.

In that Redskins game you didn't hear AD's name much, but if you payed close attention to AD's assignments you would have noticed his man rarely got open, and the Redskins generally didn't throw at him.

Last edited:
There are a LOT of short-sighted dopey threads on this site. This is one of them. Good Lord.

FFS, how can you make that kind of judgment about AD's contribution? You can pretty much directly attribute the first touchdown to him, and Westbrook had a below-average game. You can't judge a linebacker by looking at sacks and tackles, and the fact that so many people think you can is just stupid.

Hard to believe the Pats are doing so well with all the busts on the team.

This is one of those situations where if you won Powerball, you'd be pissed that you had to pay so much in taxes.

APB for Thomas??? Give it a rest! This guy plays wherever he's needed with no complaints and gives it his all. So, as others have stated, you don't know what he's being asked to do, you don't know his injury status, and you don't know football.

I'm thrilled he's a Patriot and look forward to his team contributions every game, which have been very positive at a position where the team has questions of depth.

I know he showed up last week against Buffalo, but isnt he the guy that was suppose to help out across the middle?? I think Thomas is best suited for the outside, and I think we will see that if Colvin cant go... Thomas was our cure all and cure all for LB's, but he has been a C at best this yr.. Colvin though had a real bad game last nite and I think if he misses time it would see what Thomas is capable of.

Actually i thought thomas had a good game on Sunday. I also thought Colvin played well. Football is more than sacks and picks. Colvin set the edge on a few running plays that allowed others to get credit for tackles.

There are plenty of guys before AD that we need to put APB's out on. Maroney, Meriweather, Chad Jackson, Tedy Bruschi, Ty Warren, Richard Seymour, just to name a few.

Hard to believe the Pats are doing so well with all the busts on the team.

I know. The ILB starter stinks. The starting FS over the first 7 games stinks. The running game stinks. The corners other than Samuel stink. Seymour stinks. The RT stinks (this might have a nugget of truth).

I find it hard to fathom just how good everyone else must be to drag all this dead weight to a winning record, let alone to pace the greatest margin of victory in the history of the game.

I am so amazed about many of the "fans" of the Pats have no clue about how the game is accually played. Hell I only played in High School I know theat stats are not everything if you as a player push the QB to rush a throw and cause a pick(ala AD and Asante) guess what nothign shows up in your stat box but you did you job and thats all that matters

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes