PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do we need to do something about the #3 wideout?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What to do about WR #3

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BradyManny

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
I know some were excited to see it, but Galloway being inactive isn't exactly ideal. Aiken dropped two passes, one of which stalled the opening drive after the fumble recovery. His blunder in the end zone against ATL was as bad as Galloway's, and if it weren't for his special teams play, he wouldn't be bumping Galloway off the field.

Edelman, at this point, doesn't seem to have a lot of value outside of a Welker backup. That could change in time. Don't get me wrong, he's a great Welker 2.0, but when Welker 1.0 is healthy, his value is diminished.

I'm still hoping Galloway figures it out and contributes. Re-watching that Ravens 2007, even though I wasn't the biggest Stallworth fan, it was clear that he was a bigger threat and that helped out the offense.

So, what's the solution to the #3 WR spot?

Last edited:
Stallworth was a major talent but couldnt take his understanding of the offense to the next level. Thats what did him in here. He stretched the field and did a nice job running after the catch.

Its still early and I hope Galloway turns it around, but I am growing more skeptical by the week. To be deactivated is a clear message that BB does not have confidence that he can contribute to the offense at this point.

It'll be interesting to see who the bring to Denver. Denver has a pretty decent secondary and a ok run defense. Do they go the same route as they did for BAL (4 WRs and 3 TEs) or go with 5 WR? Not sure.

2 words...

Terrence Nunn

From what I have seen from him in the offseason,This kid looks like a star receiver who just needs a little time and experience to show his stuff....its time to move him up from PS and possibly Edelman moving up as well,Time for Galloway to have a good game or good riddance.

Last edited:
Galloway was too good for too long just to discard after 3 games. I say give him one more game and see how that works out.

Deactivations are sometimes magical in effect though. Anyone who watched the Steelers running game knows this...

Deactivations are sometimes magical in effect though. Anyone who watched the Steelers running game knows this...

No kidding. That kid ran posessed. Kinda want him on the Pats now!

Galloway + a 2nd rounder for Ochocinco? :D :p

Galloway + a 2nd rounder for Ochocinco? :D :p

Nuclear%20Power%20Yes%20Please%20(500x500).png

Just a thought.. I would think Galloway has until week 7 to show something.. If he continues to play like he has and Tate is healthy, he should come off PUP and be active.. Plus this gives a few more weeks for E to grasp the offense..

You couldn't trade Galloway for Chad Jackson right now....BTW Isn't Chad Jackson STILL a Bronco?

Not sure what we can expect from Tate this year, think you have to give Galloway a little more time.. he has been too good, for too long to just give up on.

Not sure what we can expect from Tate this year, think you have to give Galloway a little more time.. he has been too good, for too long to just give up on.

Agreed. I think he'll be active, in both senses of the word, this Sunday.

Just a thought.. I would think Galloway has until week 7 to show something.. If he continues to play like he has and Tate is healthy, he should come off PUP and be active.. Plus this gives a few more weeks for E to grasp the offense..

If he continues to play like he has, I say his name should be 'Goneaway'! Then bring in Tate, Nunn or whoever that wants to play and can catch the ball.

Trade one of the 2011 1st round picks for OchoCinco:p

Trade Aiken foro the Raven's Washington and we throw in a 4th.

I voted for the 2WR-2TE system. It seems to be working better. We're 2-0 with that system and 1-1 with the other. But the win against the Falcons was nearly a blowout if another TD was scored and we put 27 up on the Ravens. Compared to barely beating the Bills and scoring 9 on the Jets (No TD's in that game, remember?) So keep with this system and we could be celebrating in Miami in February.

Also, yes, Tate s/b activated.

You shouldn't waste a 3rd on a guy who doesn't even get on the field when he's healthy enough to. By then we'll probably have someone on IR, or maybe Galloway (who has lost his way) will be cut.

Trade one of the 2011 1st round picks for OchoCinco:p

How about one or two of our 2nd round picks next year? Imagine a Moss, Chad, and Welker combo? :D

when is Chad's contract up? I mean he is in love with BB so I think he could have an attitude change like Moss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down