PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do we need another RB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vereen was a gameday inactive for most of the season, last year. If he's on the active roster, then the Pats will have as many RBs active as they did last season. If we sign another RB, it will be a depth/gameday inactive signing.

Vereen was a gameday inactive for most of the season, last year. If he's on the active roster, then the Pats will have as many RBs active as they did last season. If we sign another RB, it will be a depth/gameday inactive signing.

Which is why I think for once, we should just stick with four- 3 RB, 1 FB and one on PS, maybe shadow roster. IIRC we had two inactive RB's for at least half the games last season. That is a waste of roster space.

Given the Patriots recent use of the RB's, it's likely we'll go with a platoon of Ridley, Vereen and Woodhead and a Full Back (don't care who). Whilst I would like to see Stewart from the Panthers in the backfield, I'm non-plussed if Ridley and Vereen put in impressive pre-season workouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes