PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do We Need Another Corner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You seem to be looking for some overlooked player out there to be the quality of Sanders or Wilhite at nickel or dime back. That's not likely to happen.

I'm talking about getting a veteran who might be useful if two of our corners were injured at the same time. Last week, we played with one corner injured. It is a long season. I think such a JAG veteran corner is worth a roster spot more than a 10th offensive lineman.
A player like Shawn Springs comes to mind, although Springs may or may not have burned his bridges witrh the patriots. I expect that there are similr players out there.

I don't think we need (or could even acquire) a Pro Bowl corner, just someone to push Wilhite back down to a reserve role. If he could challenge Butler for a starting spot or push Butler into the slot, that'd be even better. I like Wilhite as a depth player, but not as a permanent part of the sub package.

If Wheatley is ready to be depended on, I suppose that we are OK. Page allows us to have a 3 safety rotation without Sanders. As always, there are those who aren't comfortable with Sanders being the leader of the secondary and having such a major role.

Our Current Situation
-------------------------
Starters - McCourty, Butler
Nickel/Dime - Wilhite, Sanders

We could use a JAG veteran corner, even if Wheatley is healthy.

I agree.

Wheatly can't stay healthy, Wilhite kinda sux, and Arrington is inexperienced.

I had hoped that Bill would've considered bringing in Nathan Vasher for at least a tryout before he signed with Detroit.

What's Hank the Man Poteat doing these days?

If Wheatley is ready to be depended on, I suppose that we are OK. Page allows us to have a 3 safety rotation without Sanders. As always, there are those who aren't comfortable with Sanders being the leader of the secondary and having such a major role.

Our Current Situation
-------------------------
Starters - McCourty, Butler
Nickel/Dime - Wilhite, Sanders

We could use a JAG veteran corner, even if Wheatley is healthy.

No, we can win with what we have. And those two can be a force in years to come.

I thought they did a solid job against a good QB and two of the best receivers. We will be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes