PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do we hope the Jets sign Randall Gay??

A healthy Gay IS the best chance of improving this position.

I would rather take my chances with Gay getting and staying healthy because there isn't anyone else out there to sign, or were you thinking of a green rookie??

Randall Gay is NE's best shot at quality depth at the CB position, period.
A healthy Blue is of even more value to Mangini who is trying to lay a foundation under his secondary. Signing Blue to an offer sheet would seem to be in the cards, the question is how do the Jets approach the offer? A poison pill is insurance that they get Blue and give up the second, it also puts pressure on the Pats to concede more to Asante's demands in order to re-sign him. A straight top dollar offer drops the decision into BB's lap, forcing him to weigh Blue's value as an experienced back-up while juggling Asante's demands, another hard decision on trade-offs for the Pats. In the end, I think the Jets need the secondary stability more then Eric wants to disrupt Bill's sleep. Blue and Hank together gives him the nucleus to train his DB talent around.

What are you basing this on? It has been 27 months since he has done anything of note on the football field. There is no way of knowing what he is capable of at this point.
Before going on IR both years, Blue was #3 or #4 CB coming off the bench depending on the situation. He also spent time at S and plays on Special Teams. His injuries are frustrating for fans, but the core talent is there to help the team if he can stay in one piece.

My God - the Pats would take a 2nd round pick for Gay in a second. That's no insult to Gay by any means.

If you're Mangini you've definately got your eyes on him for next year when he's a FA and won't require any compensation... never hurts to show interest a year ahead of time when you can in these situations.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back