PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do we go No Huddle...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drewwho

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Considering how the Pats OL and Brady had issues with reading the blitz in the November game, do we try to get the Jets back on the heals by running the No Huddle throughout most of the game? This is a look on offense that we havn't shown much of recently and I think that the No Huddle could work nicely with the short passing game in moving the chains.

Considering how the Pats OL and Brady had issues with reading the blitz in the November game, do we try to get the Jets back on the heals by running the No Huddle throughout most of the game? This is a look on offense that we havn't shown much of recently and I think that the No Huddle could work nicely with the short passing game in moving the chains.

I would like to see the Pats throw a wrinkle into the game plan like this but not sure Josh is comfortable with the hurry up offense. But if there is one other QB in the NFL that could handle calling plays at the LOS (besides Manning) its got to be Tom Brady.

My guess is, that the Pats have run it in practice but have not felt the need to go long stretches with it, but with Mangini knowing intricate parts of how we run our offense, I would think this is the week to change the rhythm of the game to keep the Jets defense guessing and unable to make defensive substitutions.

I would like to see the Pats throw a wrinkle into the game plan like this but not sure Josh is comfortable with the hurry up offense. But if there is one other QB in the NFL that could handle calling plays at the LOS (besides Manning) its got to be Tom Brady.

My guess is, that the Pats have run it in practice but have not felt the need to go long stretches with it, but with Mangini knowing intricate parts of how we run our offense, I would think this is the week to change the rhythm of the game to keep the Jets defense guessing and unable to make defensive substitutions.

Any kind of change of pace, anything to throw their D off balance; could be hurry-up, could be slow-down, could be hurry-up again -- anything that can cause them to lose concentration, to be gasping for air when they expect to have a between-play break -- ANYTHING that works! I'm for it.

Come on BB, Josh, TB, surprise us!! I love surprises !! Today's football is as much a mind game as it a physical game.

Any kind of change of pace, anything to throw their D off balance; could be hurry-up, could be slow-down, could be hurry-up again -- anything that can cause them to lose concentration, to be gasping for air when they expect to have a between-play break -- ANYTHING that works! I'm for it.

Come on BB, Josh, TB, surprise us!! I love surprises !! Today's football is as much a mind game as it a physical game.

Definitely! This one is as much of a coach v coach game as it is team v team. I have faith BB and Josh will rise to the occasion and use confusion as a weapon. Ugh this week is gonna drag by!:cool:

The hurry up is fine when used selectively, but if it doesn't score us points, then all we've done is give our D less of a rest. The hurry up should be used if we find that the Jets have the wrong personnel on the field; then, we can at least force them to burn a time out.

I would like to see them start with no-huddle, 4 or 5 wide receivers and spread the ball around. With the field spread, I would have maroney in the backfield for screens and draws.

With the problems the Jets have in stopping the run I think it's unlikely the no huddle offense will be used consistently. Also with the way Dillion seems to be peaking at just the right time, Maroney coming back after the rest he had with injury, the very noticeable improvement in Evans play at fullback and the continued improvement of the O-Line I would like to see us run the ball more.

With the problems the Jets have in stopping the run I think it's unlikely the no huddle offense will be used consistently. Also with the way Dillion seems to be peaking at just the right time, Maroney coming back after the rest he had with injury, the very noticeable improvement in Evans play at fullback and the continued improvement of the O-Line I would like to see us run the ball more.
Agreed. .....

Maybe not consistently, but I would open up the game with it and give the Jets something new to think about, if nothing else.

I agree that it may be seen at various stages. Hopefully an early lead for the Pats allows us to run the ball and run down the clock.

The Jets are so utterly horrible at stopping the run that I cannot back the no huddle as a primary strategy.

There is no reason that NE shouldn't have at least 3 long drives in this game, no huiddle or no no huddle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back