PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do We Draw Fox' #1 Crew Sunday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad I'll probably have plans on Sunday. I don't know if I could stand watching a game on Fox. The score box thingy is cut off on my (very good) TV...

Getting the Fox #1 crew is a big negative to me. Can't stand Aikman at all announcing the games.

Buck/Aikman are the most boring commentating duo in football.

I also hate FOX's whole NFL coverage, from the graphics, music, etc.

Blasphemy. The dancing robots and accompanying metallic graphics aren't dated at all. They weren't stupid when they were debuted back in the '90s, and they haven't become progressively lamer with each passing year.

Blasphemy. The dancing robots and accompanying metallic graphics aren't dated at all. They weren't stupid when they were debuted back in the '90s, and they haven't become progressively lamer with each passing year.

Hahaha, you're so right. I'm so glad the AFC is CBS because everything about Fox makes the game look like a joke. Buck and Aikman don't even talk about football half the time.

Exactly.

And the worst thing I've seen is the games now having the wide-screen black bars on the top/bottom if you don't have a wide-screen TV.

FOX coverage is just so amateur feeling compared to CBS.

I don't know whether Sunday October 31 is a Fox Doubleheader, but looking at the schedule, the only other game that could possibly draw Fox' #1 team of Joe Buck/Tom Brennaman/Troy Aikman is the early game between the Packers and Jets at The Meadowlands.

Do you think we'll draw Fox' #1 crew? Is Joe Buck/Fox calling the World Series?

I ask b/c I really enjoy it when we draw CBS and Fox' #1 crew.

QB12
It doesn't matter to me. The entire production is second-rate when compared with CBS. Just my opinion, though. I will say I like the Fox pre-game guys better than CBS's.

As long as they keep Tony Kornheiser out of the booth I'm happy... God that guy was terrible.

No Joe Buck, he will be in Texas calling the World Series calling game 4.

Kornheiser works for ESPN....never worked for Fox.

Reiss confirmed today we're getting the #1 crew, minus Buck who is calling the World Series.

Thinking about it some more, I would be very surprised if a network waited until after Sunday's games to decide what crew is working which game. Logistically it doesn't make much sense for them to wait until Tuesday to decide who is going where, make travel plans for them. etc. My guess is these things are probably decided at least a week in advance; e.g., the networks have already decided who will be announcing what games on November 7th but perhaps they have not yet decided who will work which games on November 14th. In other words even though they just formally announced it today, they had already decided on Aikman and Brennaman to do the Pats game a week ago or more.

Fox has traditionally looked to promote games that include the Cowboys and whatever team Favre is playing for. Will be interesting to see whether or not they continue to follow that formula for the rest of this season if Dallas and Minnesota should continue to lose more games than they win.

Last edited:
Good point.

You know, do these commentators know there has never been a Todd Light in the NFL? :cool:
They're referring to the former CB for the Rams.

Same pronunciation, different spelling for the last name.

Todd Lyght NFL & AFL Football Statistics | Pro-Football-Reference.com

For the guys that were in the NFC like Gruden, or the network that covers the NFC (Fox) I suppose it's a little more understandable why the mixup would occur initially - though you would think after the third or fourth time a director would prep him and be sure to correct him on the mistake.

Last edited:
I just don't get it that people care which "Crew" is doing a Pats game.

Does the presence of a "#1 Crew" somehow validate the Pats? I doubt they feel the need for that validation.

Are we fans so insecure that we need a ginormous, anonymous TV Network to validate us by putting their "#1 Crew" on a game played by the team we support? Does that somehow make us feel better about supporting the team?

I don't get it.

Last edited:
I guess I am in the minority, but I think Aikman is one of the best color guys in the game. Can't stand Joe Buck, but I think Aikman has more insight and understands the game better than most. He his like Gruden without all the endless ball washing that Gruden does during the broadcast.

Personally, I am happy to see that we will be getting Aikman without Buck on Sunday.

Does the presence of a "#1 Crew" somehow validate the Pats? I doubt they feel the need for that validation.

Are we fans so insecure that we need a ginormous, anonymous TV Network to validate us by putting their "#1 Crew" on a game played by the team we support? Does that somehow make us feel better about supporting the team?

I don't get it.

If your day job is psychoanalyst, you're probably hurting for business.

I don't get it.

we just like some announcers more than others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back