PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do We Draw Fox' #1 Crew Sunday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

QB12

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I don't know whether Sunday October 31 is a Fox Doubleheader, but looking at the schedule, the only other game that could possibly draw Fox' #1 team of Joe Buck/Tom Brennaman/Troy Aikman is the early game between the Packers and Jets at The Meadowlands.

Do you think we'll draw Fox' #1 crew? Is Joe Buck/Fox calling the World Series?

I ask b/c I really enjoy it when we draw CBS and Fox' #1 crew.

QB12

I don't know whether Sunday October 31 is a Fox Doubleheader, but looking at the schedule, the only other game that could possibly draw Fox' #1 team of Joe Buck/Tom Brennaman/Troy Aikman is the early game between the Packers and Jets at The Meadowlands.

Do you think we'll draw Fox' #1 crew? Is Joe Buck/Fox calling the World Series?

I ask b/c I really enjoy it when we draw CBS and Fox' #1 crew.

QB12

Yeah?

Makes you feel like a big man, does it? :cool:

You walk around with your chin up, and your chest out when you know we're gonna get the number one crew?

Last edited:
Past your meds time bro.

Haven't we gotten the #1 CBS crew every week we played on CBS so far?

The Pats - Vikings is the prime late game on Fox. I would assume they get the network's top crew. I can't recall a network that had the doubleheader sending their top crew to an early game rather than a late game before, though I suppose it may have happened before.

By the way, for those wondering if the game will be on in your area the Pats-Vikings should be on everywhere in the country with the exceptions of these five markets who also have late games: Tampa Bay, Arizona, Seattle, Oakland and Tennessee. I assume San Diego will not sell out and therefore will get the Pats-Vikings game. I don't recall how the blackout rules work in Oakland with that being a two-team market, so I could be wrong there though.

I suppose it is possible that Fox would decide to make the packers-Jets their most promoted game and have their top crew call that game instead, but I doubt that will happen - unless Favre is declared out early in the week (which is also something I don't see happening.)

Haven't we gotten the #1 CBS crew every week we played on CBS so far?

All except the Bills game (Harlan/Wilcots).

We'll almost certainly get Buck/Aikman for the Vikings game. Edit: Or maybe not... forgot about the World Series. Game 4 is later on that night.

Last edited:
Buck/Aikman are the most boring commentating duo in football.

I also hate FOX's whole NFL coverage, from the graphics, music, etc.

I want Gruden every week. He makes things more fun.

Will Favre play? How will Randy Moss be received? Will this be the "Gunslingers" Last game? If he plays and wins it will be for the ages.....Oh the Humanity of it All... I would think that on the whole that we would have a shot at the #1 crew.

Last edited:

I also hate FOX's whole NFL coverage, from the graphics, music, etc.

I love CBS' coverage of any sporting event (Billy Packer and Dan Dierdorff were the only negatives... Packer is gone thank God, one down one to go). Hate NBC's across the board (takes itself too seriously, and its choice in music for SNF is unforgivably awful. I hate football being associated with "I Hate Myself For Loving You".) ABC's coverage is annoying (I blame ESPN). Like FOX's NFL coverage but hate their MLB coverage with a flaming passion. Hate the color saturation. Hate how the audio is amped up (crowds in FOX broadcasts sound much louder than TBS or ESPN broadcasts). Hate that every freaking pitch has its own slow-mo replay. Hate when the production crew switches back and forth to the mics near home plate during every pitch. Hate listening to McCarver's senile babbling. Hate the gratuitous use of video graphics. Hate everything.

Lots of hate to go around. :p

Last edited:
Who cares? FOX is absolutely terrible. I'd rather have Disney Channel broadcast the game.

Last edited:
Yeah?

You walk around with your chin up, and your chest out when you know we're gonna get the number one crew?

He was listening to Fox's number one crew when you were smoking cigarettes in the boy's room, son.

Kontradiction - that is such a lame contradiction, don't you know?

Kontradiction - that is such a lame contradiction, don't you know?

Are you implying that SuperPatsFan was smoking herbal cigarettes in the ladies room?

No kidding. Buck lost me a while back when he was calling an NFL game and during a conversation declared, "Hey -- I'm a baseball guy!" I thought, "WTF kind of thing is THAT to say?" But unfortunately it's true. He has the same style of delivery as a baseball announcer: droll and matter-of-fact. Not much excitement in his voice. Aikman is a cardboard man too.

Was Joe Buck the one that said "and now here comes the dreamy tom brady"?

Yeah?

One game to not hear Todd Light???

Beasley Reece. Those were the days ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes