PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do We Cheer for Buffalo or the Jets on Sunday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsDeb

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
When I first thought about this quesiton, my obvious answer was Buffalo, as we want to clinch the division. But then I got to thinking, I don't think the Jets are going to catch us anyway, and I would rather see them get a wild-card spot (and hence be a potential opponent) rather than Denver or Kansas City. What do you think?

Must root for Bills. Until PATs have cliched the division.... must root
against any team that could possible prevent that .... JETs still have
a shot at the division.

Last edited:
Me, I'd LOVE to play the Jets again in Jaunary. Payback time.
Won't happen though.

There are several very confused posters here who continually root for AFCE opponents who really are not currently viable threats to the AFCE crown to lose, calling it a "no brainer". How unconsciously correct. This is shortsighted folly. We want our AFCE opponents to win enough to wallow in 8-8 mediocrity so that they cannot get very high 1st and 2nd round draft picks like a Law or Seymour and build a championship team.

In this case, let's hope that the Jets come close enough such that rebuilding under a good coach, which they now have, is inhibited by late round picks. Ordinarily, I like the Bills as a team and despise the Jets.

When I first thought about this quesiton, my obvious answer was Buffalo, as we want to clinch the division. But then I got to thinking, I don't think the Jets are going to catch us anyway, and I would rather see them get a wild-card spot (and hence be a potential opponent) rather than Denver or Kansas City. What do you think?

I'll root for the Cheerleaders. :)

There are several very confused posters here who continually root for AFCE opponents who really are not currently viable threats to the AFCE crown to lose, calling it a "no brainer". How unconsciously correct. This is shortsighted folly. We want our AFCE opponents to win enough to wallow in 8-8 mediocrity so that they cannot get very high 1st and 2nd round draft picks like a Law or Seymour and build a championship team.

I am not confused and I am very conscious.

I ask you old sage.
.... would it NOT be ".. shortsighted folly"
( maybe it's longsighted folly what that means)
to root for the JETs so they get a worst draft pick:confused:
if JETs win out and PATs lose 2 games? (fins and jags for instance):eek::eek:

Root for the Bills, again please no Jets in the playoffs..

I am not confused and I am very conscious.

I ask you old sage.
.... would it NOT be ".. shortsighted folly"
( maybe it's longsighted folly what that means)
to root for the JETs so they get a worst draft pick:confused:
if JETs win out and PATs lose 2 games? (fins and jags for instance):eek::eek:

Were the Pats to lose 2 more games they clearly would not be a viable playoff contender and most likely would not make the AFC Championship game. We've seen enough quality Pats teams recently WIN SuperBowls such that we don't need to be desperate for a poorer Pats team that loses REPEATEDLY (as you postulated) in the clutch in December to go to the playoffs.

In the current situation, the Pats control their AFCE destiny so the next priority is to derail any opportunity for an AFCE rival to improve during the remaining fewer years of the BB/Brady era.

Buffalo because Stone Cold Said So.

i hope in a BUF win

Were the Pats to lose 2 more games they clearly would not be a viable playoff contender and most likely would not make the AFC Championship game. We've seen enough quality Pats teams recently WIN SuperBowls such that we don't need to be desperate for a poorer Pats team that loses REPEATEDLY (as you postulated) in the clutch in December to go to the playoffs.

In the current situation, the Pats control their AFCE destiny so the next priority is to derail any opportunity for an AFCE rival to improve during the remaining fewer years of the BB/Brady era.

Disagree. The first priority, ALWAYS, is to win the division. Even if they lose two games .... does not mean they will not have success in the
playoffs.
So many things can happpen between now and the first play off game.
Rodney gets healthy ... Jackson gets healthy .... etc.

If PATs go into a toss up for a wild card position .... it is not for certain
they will get one.
Winning the division is PRIORITY ... then all this other stuff you talk about
is probably a possible consideration.

Why is so hard to see? Maybe you are just trying to sitmulate discussion?

I'd love to clinch ASAP but the points are good. If we have any chance in the playoffs we'll win enough to clinch anyway (no more than one loss) and the jesters in the playoffs would be sweet - both for payback and also the easiest matchup.

Even if we desperately needed the Bills to lose, I would still never root for the Jets.

I'd love to clinch ASAP but the points are good. If we have any chance in the playoffs we'll win enough to clinch anyway (no more than one loss) and the jesters in the playoffs would be sweet - both for payback and also the easiest matchup.

Your disrespect of an improved and improving JETs team is questionable.
There are only three teams that beat the PATs so far and JETS are one!

I am not saying they are the Patriots or Colts or Chargers but they are
maybe a top 12 team. Any top 12 team has a shot a winning a game
against any other team in the league and in the playoffs .....
it's lose one and done as you know.

Cheer for the Jets? You have to be kidding.

I'd rather rip out my own larynx with a rusty spoon.

Cheer for the Jets? You have to be kidding.

I'd rather rip out my own larynx with a rusty spoon.

Why would anyone root for ANY of our rivals...
I don't know about you, but I root for one team every week. (With exception to colt's opponant's, but come on, EVERYONE does that... :) )

Your disrespect of an improved and improving JETs team is questionable.
There are only three teams that beat the PATs so far and JETS are one!
That's fine but I'd prefer to play them than any other playoff team. Not to mention that the jesters didn't beat us, we beat ourselves. Call it BS disrespect if you like but it's the truth. The jesters "beat" us by being the other team on the field that day.

Disagree. The first priority, ALWAYS, is to win the division. Even if they lose two games .... does not mean they will not have success in the
playoffs.
So many things can happpen between now and the first play off game.
Rodney gets healthy ... Jackson gets healthy .... etc.

If PATs go into a toss up for a wild card position .... it is not for certain
they will get one.
Winning the division is PRIORITY ... then all this other stuff you talk about
is probably a possible consideration.

Why is so hard to see? Maybe you are just trying to sitmulate discussion?

While I do expect Rodney and Jackson (for what he's worth) return by January, I do not get excited about a Pats team that backs into the playoffs doggiestyle with TWO (speculated) losses in December.

If somehow this is not our year, I don't want to see a team that you already fear right now get better and better thru the draft for seasons to come.

Why is this so hard to see?

I also love to see Jets fans get all hyped up and excited about the possibility of the playoffs only to see their hopes crushed yet again. Bliss.

Were none of this a factor, I'd root for the Bills whom I like as a team, pathetic as their senile owner and moribund org continues to be.

While I do expect Rodney and Jackson (for what he's worth) return by January, I do not get excited about a Pats team that backs into the playoffs doggiestyle with TWO (speculated) losses in December.

If somehow this is not our year, I don't want to see a team that you already fear right now get better and better thru the draft for seasons to come.

Why is this so hard to see?

I also love to see Jets fans get all hyped up and excited about the possibility of the playoffs only to see their hopes crushed yet again. Bliss.

Were none of this a factor, I'd root for the Bills whom I like as a team, pathetic as their senile owner and moribund org continues to be.

With all that said. One simple questions.

Should not the PATs 1st goal be to win the divison.
(A simple answer please like yes, no, maybe, I don't know )

I want the Jets in the playoffs. I want Denver sitting at home in January and the Jets making the playoffs can help that happen.

More importantly, it will make the fall that much greater. The Jets are in the middle of a surprise, out-of-nowhere season. These are invariably followed by a disappointing stomach-punch season. If the Jets make the playoffs Jets fans will be going nuts next year, not only predicting a division title but whispering "super bowl" into each other's ears. They will enter the season overflowing in hope, in part to compensate for these past fews years having none. All of a sudden other teams are preparing a little better and getting a little more psyched up to play the Jets, a playoff team. When next year's Jets finish 6-10 (after making the playoffs this year) Jets fans will be more dispirited than they were going into this season.

That is why I want the Jets to win.

These Bills, I can't stand these Bills, they suck, oo really....

With that said, "let's go Buffalo"..."Let's go Buffalo"

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes