PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do we beat the Colts playing like we did?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, great job adjusting on Sunday. I've never seen a staff adjust as well as the Pats do. McDaniels may be a better OC than Charlie was because I've seen it countless times. Kyle Brady turned out to be a great pickup just for the game on Sunday.

As for the Superbowl, you also have to contend with Justin Tuck, who's very underrated and very good. He's better than any inside rusher the Colts have. Still, the Pats will be fine and I expect them to win.

Tuck is good, yes. I'd rank the Giants among the very best D-lines in football, no doubt. I guess the question is how much you really want to worry about that. The Pats have been excellent in protection all year against Front 7s who were also quite formidable, and BB has shown the willingness to hang back extra blockers if the need arises.

There's a difference between bringing pressure and bringing effective pressure, people always say "get in Brady's face, etc" but this couldn't be further from the truth. He's among the best in the game against the blitz, so if you want to unsettle Brady, you need to SACK him, not just come near him. Easier said than done, since if you blitz too much (example: Eagles in Super Bowl 39), then he will beat you all day with screens. Really, once you add it all up, it's not hard to figure out why this offense scored more points than any offense ever.

hypothetical question that asks the witness to specultate, Counselor. Irrelevant. On to the Giants.

Your team got lucky again, for the second time.

I was wondering how your team couldn't cover the spread when Gates, LT, and Rivers were hurt.

I guess BB decided not to run up the score to save San Diego a face.

Thank you Master Bellicheat, errr... Bellichick.

I know you like to troll, but be at least somewhat grounded in reality. New England had a drive of over 9 minutes to end the game. The Chargers were unable to do anything to stop the Patriots. The only reason the Patriots didn't cover the spread was that they didn't try to score and chose to kneel instead.

I know you like to troll, but be at least somewhat grounded in reality. New England had a drive of over 9 minutes to end the game. The Chargers were unable to do anything to stop the Patriots. The only reason the Patriots didn't cover the spread was that they didn't try to score and chose to kneel instead.

Asking him to be reasonable is a little beyond reason itself at this point. The Patriots "lucked" their way into 18-0, and if they win in the Super Bowl, it will be luck again. Superior coaching, talent, and gameplans are irrelevant, all you really need is luck.

-------------------

Time management is more like it. There's no way a team will try to score when you have the game wrapped up with 2 minutes to go and a 2-score lead.

The Chargers didn't anticipate the run game in the second half. Maroney is an excellent back and the ground game was the only way to beat the Chargers on Sunday. The Chargers secondary cut off the Pats' long pass the entire 4 quarters; the Defense didn't make adjustment to handle the dinks n' dunks.

We could list 1000s of reason, but the end result is your team lost, our team is better. Get used to it./

The Chargers beat the Colts, in what was at the point the biggest of the year for both teams. We beat the Chargers in what was at that point the biggest game of the year for both teams. Of course we beat the Colts. That is the definition of AFC Champion, you are the best in the AFC. You qualified to get further than 14 teams and beat the one that qualified to play you in the Championship. To think any one of those other 14 teams would have won the AFCC is ridiculous.

-------------------

Time management is more like it. There's no way a team will try to score when you have the game wrapped up with 2 minutes to go and a 2-score lead.

The Chargers didn't anticipate the run game in the second half. Maroney is an excellent back and the ground game was the only way to beat the Chargers on Sunday. The Chargers secondary cut off the Pats' long pass the entire 4 quarters; the Defense didn't make adjustment to handle the dinks n' dunks.

On that final drive the Chargers knew what the Patriots were going to do and still couldn't stop it. They were dominated the entire second half.

Yes, we'd beat the colts playing like that. We beat the the san diego chargers by nine points. The colts lost to the chargers with all they're starters back by a field goal i think it was. We're a far supierior team w/ better personel. We have stars on our team and way more average players than the colts. They have stars but the rest are a bunch of no names.:D COLTS SUCK COLTS **** lalalalalalala :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes