PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do we agree Deion will no longer be a Patriot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrTibbs

In the Starting Line-Up
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I think he eventually reports to the team and leaves at seasons end? This one can't and won't have a happy ending, It's just too ugly right now.

At this point, nothing would surprise me. Seriously.
Hell, i though he'd be in by week 2 of camp.
Shows what I know.

MrTibbs said:
I think he eventually reports to the team and leaves at seasons end? This one can't and won't have a happy ending, It's just too ugly right now.

If he is not in a Patriots uniform on Sept. 10, I could care less if he gets run over by a truck on Route 495. After the 1 p.m. kickoff against Buffalo he is gone, dead and buried as far as I'm concerned. I've had enough of this crap.

Don't know and don't care anymore. Just want it resolved before Sept 10.

Branch Is Dead To Me Like Everyone Else.

I think this grivance hearing exposes his agent.

Deion should see that: no one's offering him huge money and the money offered is without reasonable compensation so it's just window dressing anyway.

MrTibbs said:

...................:agree:

it is just to hard to see any thing positive on the horizon with
respect tp PATs and Branch.

The best approach now for the PATs is to try and find a decent replacement
and move on without him. If Jackson comes back soon we might be saying
... Deion who?

If he comes back it won't be the same. He let his agent put him in the worst PR situation possible. He should of did like Ben Watson and fired that clown long ago.

MrTibbs said:
ummm.. he cant leave... he will be franchised

Tunescribe said:
If he is not in a Patriots uniform on Sept. 10, I could care less if he gets run over by a truck on Route 495. After the 1 p.m. kickoff against Buffalo he is gone, dead and buried as far as I'm concerned. I've had enough of this crap.
i hope he does not get run over by a truck on Route 495 (it would ruin his trade value)

Maybe we should consider Branch like he got a head injury. :D
We sort of got use to getting injuries around here and just move on.:rocker:

The reported compensation offered by the Jets wasn't what the Pats asked but I wouldn't say it was completely unreasonable. I don't think anyone thought the Pats were going to get two first rounders for him. The Jets apparently offered a "pretty good player," which of course leaves room for interpretation. If this is true and the Pats were going to get a serviceable player and a second round pick I think they would have oked the deal. If they really wanted him gone badly enough they would have taken it. And it's better that than a disgruntled WR who sits out until week 10 and is a big distraction. The fact that it didn't happen says to me there is a chance the Pats will give him a bigger offer to which they expect he will accept. I might be overly optimistic but that is my take.

JR4 said:
Maybe we should consider Branch like he got a head injury. :D
We sort of got use to getting injuries around here and just move on.:rocker:

I can see it now, on wendsday the injury report lists Branch with a case of the stupids.

If he returns, good; if not... Brady has already won a SB with Brown, Patten, Rutledge, and A. Smith as his supporting cast. I'm sure that our skill players today far exceed that talent-level. Oh, and we also have a nasty o-line.

The more I think of it the more I realize just how stupid Branch/Chayut are. Their big beef is this year. He refuses to accept the patriots offer and refuses to show because he wants to be paid THIS year. Does he not realize the alternative is to get paid next to $0 this year and then be franchised next year (which he doesn't want)??

I have to believe the ONLY reason he is taking it this far is because the patriots gave Seymour a raise on his contract when he held out. But they played their cards wrong and now they are in the worst-case scenario for themselves.

Branch/Chayut absolutely screwed this one up, big time. And now he can kiss his ass goodbye

Last edited:
Branch is a good WR, but he is not a big salary player. Brady?Of course! Seymour? Duh!

This team needs to build around that foundation. We have a good, young O-line to protect Brady. We have a good running game. We have a good, young D-line led by an All Pro in Seymour.

12 and 93 deserve big money. Players like Branch and Givens deserve good money, not elite money. Same with an aging Law, Vinatieri, Milloy.

We have team players, like Vrabel and Bruschi, that are at or near the top of their positions, but put team and personal success ahead of greed. Yes, they could make more money, but they would not win titles and build a legacy elsewhere. That legacy will earn these guys plenty of money long after they have retired. Branch will likely not build such a legacy in Seattle or with the Jets.

This team will survive w/o Branch. Player will step up. I would be happy with a #1 and a #2 in next years draft for Branch.

Many of the "experts" claim this team has no depth. Yes, there are issues at WR and LB, but the quality depth we have at RB and D-line makes this easier to deal with. Patriots bashing seems to be "in" these days, esp. at ESPN.

This team will play next weekend.... and the next. They will make the playoofs. And, more than likely, Mike Vrabel will catch a TD in the Super Bowl while Deion Branch is on vacation!

Isn't it possible the Pats won't franchise him next year? Just because they won't promise not to, doesn't mean they fully intend to. Isn't Graham possibly worth franchising if they can't sign him?

These guys can turn on a dime, and not just on the field. He could easily show up tomorrow if we show this "team player" the money he wants.

Hi guys,

Am I missing something?

It has been said that the Pats offered Deion a 5 year/$31M contract ( $11 million in guaranteed in signing and option bonuses) which averages out to $6.2M/Year

The Jets offer a 6 Year/$39M contract ($13 million in guaranteed signing and option bonuses) which averages out to $6.5M/year.

If (and that's a big if) the pats decided to give Deion a $1.5M bonus THIS year, it would then average out to the same $6.5M/year the Jets are offering (while obviously being a year shorter in length, which one would assume he'd appreciate since he's biatching about his longer (5 year) rookie deal).

Even if the Pats didn't provide for a bump in pay this season, we're talking a difference in small dollars ($.3M a year off the Jets offer).

I realize it all in how it's structured (with the Jets apparently allowing him to earn $23M in the first 3 years of the contract), but it doesn't seem to me as though they're that far apart!!!

I couldn't be more annoyed at the situation and hope the Pats stand their ground.

Let him play out the 6 games this year and fine his ***** for every day missed. He will end up paying the Pats $500K to play out the last 6 games plus playoffs. He'll have to pray he doesn't get hurt.

Next year, franchise him and the Pats can start the same process over again.

In the meantime, he's taking a huge chance that he'll remain healthy. If he has a career ending injury in his limited playing time, he'll wish he has signed a "fair" contract and he'll have to sell his second house. He may be financially secure for life based on his earnings to date, but the way some of these guys go through money I wouldn't be surprised if he pulls and MC Hammer!

One can only hope!

BelichickFan said:
These guys can turn on a dime, and not just on the field. He could easily show up tomorrow if we show this "team player" the money he wants.

Absolutely but at this point I think it's 100% impossible for BB to give Branch what he wants. They have to make an example out of this, otherwise many many more players will just try to pull a Deion. The only way I see Deion ever playing for the patriots again is by firing his agent and accepting the patriots last offer. There is no way the patriots change his contract for this year, IMHO of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back