PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do Tim Dwight and Reche Caldwell get ANYTHING?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keegs

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Ok i know that we aren't signing Tim Dwight. And as far as i know, Reche isn't going to be signed by the Jets.

So what do these 2 get for trying out with the other teams.

Tim Dwight knows damn well that he's not going to be signed by the pats.

If it's true that Reche and Tim are being brought in by the other teams just to have their brain's picked and then they get thrown in the garbage, what the hell are they getting to do this?

If i was Tim Dwight, and was brought into New England i wouldn't do a damn thing or help them with anything unless i was signed.

I realize you have to try out first and all that but why would they want to help the other team if they don't get crap in return?

Keegs,

For the Patriots, it not the nefarious reasons that some folks accede to them. In almost every case, it is exactly what it is: Examining a player in person to see what skill level that player still performs at. It's done to keep the records of potential acquisitions up to date, those who are familiar or somewhat familiar with the team's schemes and/or are the types of players that the staff feels might contribute if needs be.

In other words, the player is being examined so that, if a need SHOULD arise to replace a player, for whatever reason,, the staff have as many options available to choose from. It's an excellent idea, and one that not every team subscribes to. Some teams depend upon the scouts for all of their core data. The Patriots, and the Jets and a few others deepen that data base with current/updated interviews and physical exams, try-outs, etc.

BB said it himself: There is nothing, really, that the two teams don't already know about eachother. This game, like so many others, will come down to who executes their game plan the best.

Respects,

Two simple words...

Shadow Roster

Something tells me that BB and Pioli arent looking to Tim Dwight for too much information.

I heard they both got nice parting gifts like wind-chimes and a fondue pot.

Seriously though, I wouldn't be surprised if either or both of these 2 resurfaced in the CFL.

Wow. Reche Caldwell on shadow roster? I'm sorry, but he's too good for that.

Until someone actually signs and you know like PAYS him, I'm sure he's happy to get his bod on as many shadow rosters as he can. Remember that Jabbar Gaffney was without a job most of early last season.

It is likely that these two will be signed after Week 1. Teams may be reluctant to have their salaries guaranteed by them being on the Wek 1 roster.

It is likely that these two will be signed after Week 1. Teams may be reluctant to have their salaries guaranteed by them being on the Wek 1 roster.

Exactly - that's why its often difficult to work a trade or even see a veteran sign this time of year... pre-week 1 is a time to see who's out there and after week 1 is the time to sign cut veterans without guaranteeing their full year salary.

I'd say the Pats would be interested in taking Reche back next week but given the depth chart I don't see Reche being all that interested.

I'll be shocked if another team doesn't sign him next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes