Welcome to PatsFans.com

Do these things ever happen to democrats?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Wolfpack, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

No, seriously. Do they?

Michele Bachmann Latest GOP Candidate to Suffer Glitter Attack - The Note

Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann today got a very warm reception from her home state at a conference of conservative bloggers in Minneapolis, but a few gay rights protesters still managed to make her the latest victim of the glitter attacks that have already been waged on fellow GOP presidential candidates Newt Gingrich and Tim Pawlenty.
  2. chicowalker

chicowalker On the Roster

Ratings:
    +157 / 2 / -2

It's a pretty new thing, isn't it? I've only heard of it happening a few times (Pawlenty, Gingrich, too?).

I don't know what, exactly, it is supposed to protest.
  3. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You're only just now hearing of such things? So you've never heard of any of the times it happened to conservatives, such as Ann Coulter, trying to speak on campus or other similar instances?
  4. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +157 / 2 / -2

I thought she had been shouted down before, or something. But I hadn't heard of "glittering" (which I assume is what it sounds like?), no.
  5. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +195 / 7 / -23

Yea they do, consider Anthony Weiner despite his stupidity and obvious transgressions, there were efforts by the right to using a fake name on twitter to develop a relationship with a 16-year-old California high school girl in May and tried to get Mr. Weiner to be her prom date.

See O'Keefe actions on Mary Landreux, Planned Parenthood or ACORN...

Anything Breitbart lies about..

Didn't the Republicans in the last election Robocall potential voters in Va. and tell them that the voting actually scheduled that day was postponed until tommorrow??..

The New Hampshire Republican Phone Jamming Scandal of 2002

Would prefer "glittering" to character assassination.. of some of the other right wing shenanigans..
  6. jcdavey

jcdavey Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

republicans aren't as overt in their crap

they're not going to make a scene, they're usually just going to be racist and underhanded under the table
  7. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Lol Brietbart lies except when he's right and results in sociopathic politicians retiring or corrupt organizations being defunded. Even better- Obama kneejerk fired someone without any careful deliberation or review as he's known for... right?
  8. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Please be more specific. When did any of those people get physically assaulted?
  9. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +195 / 7 / -23

Does getting glittered = physical assault, strange world you live in.

Sometimes a character assassination if worse..
  10. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +195 / 7 / -23

Need to clarify your thoughts, they seem to run on..
  11. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Next time you see a policeman, pour some glitter on him (or if you need the glitter for personal reasons, something similar like confetti or a beverage). Then come back here an tell us all how that isn't considered assault.
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2011
  12. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +157 / 2 / -2

All partisan garbage aside, do you truly think of this as assault -- as a crime?

It strikes me as bad behavior, but not assault or any other crime.
  13. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +362 / 1 / -9

Let a Tea Partier glitter a left wing Aborigne then you'll see how quick it turns into a criminal assualt.
  14. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +157 / 2 / -2

All about race for harry
  15. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well let me please extend to you the exact same invitation I gave to Darryl. Next time you see a policeman on the street, treat him in a similar fashion. Then come back here and let us know if he (and the judge) considered it an assault or not.

Tell ya what... it doesn't even have to be a policeman. Go into a bar and pour a bag of glitter on a random stranger there. See how they (and the other patrons) react.
  16. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +157 / 2 / -2

I was asking you what I thought was a straightforward (e.g., yes / no) question.

I'm sure policemen would have a range of reactions, as would prosecutors. None of that tells me whether you truly believe it is a crime, though.

(and bar-goers? really? When did what goes on in a bar start to have anything to do with whether behavior is lawful versus unlawful?)
  17. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

And I think it's clear that my answer is found therein.
    Actually, policemen would not have a "range of reactions." You'd be arrested on the spot, period, end of discussion. Now I'm not saying you'll spend the rest of your life behind bars (especially if you did it in Massachusetts) but there would be no "range of reaction" from the cop.
    Geez, I didn't realize laws didn't apply in local bars. :confused: I was using it as an example of a public place but if you don't like that example, feel free to come up with one of your own.

What do you think would happen if you went to a park/the mall/the movies/a restaurant/a football game/Mohegan Sun/Landsdowne Street/the grocery store/Fanueil Hall/Wal-Mart/The Connah Store/city hall/the MFA/etc., went up to a complete stranger and dumped a bag of glitter over their head?
  18. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +157 / 2 / -2

I disagree re cops. Some don't want to deal with minor nuisances simply because they could make the argument; for many it would depend on the situation.

And I didn't realize you're so easily confused, since you somehow interpreted what i said as meaning laws don't apply in bars. Want to take another shot? (I'll give you a hint: do you think all reactions of people -- particularly in a bar, but elsewhere as well -- are based on whether somebody has broken a law?)
  19. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Bullcrap. No cop in the country is going to consider that a "minor nuisance." They'll see it as at best a pissing contest (which no cop ever wants to lose) and at worst a personal assault. Either way, your ass is spending the night in jail.
    Don't blame your poor writing skills on me, my friend.
    How about instead of answering my question with an actual answer instead of a silly question of your own? What do you think would happen if you want into a bar and dumped glitter on someone's head? You think that person is going to want to sit there and rationally discuss whether or not such an action constitutes assault? Of course not. Chabces are you're going to get your ass kicked.
  20. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +157 / 2 / -2

What I wrote was perfectly clear to anybody who could admit to simply being wrong. I said nothing about the law not applying in a bar, did I?

As for what would happen, (i) actually, no, odds are I would not get my ass kicked and (ii) any reaction a person might have has little, if anything, to do with whether the act is a crime. I'm guessing you haven't spent much time inbars if that's how you think things work.