PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do the Ravens scare you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be more confident if we had gronk. This offense's a work in progress. This defense will have to step up big time. They failed the first big test against seattle.
The stupid Hawks were all fired up to play us because of the SB. Whoop-dee-dooh. If we do our job, we will be in Houston on February 5th, and we will win.

If we can contain Torrey Smith and Ray Rice, we will be okay.

I would challenge this post but......

jeff1280.vresize.1200.675.high.12.jpg

I hate MNF games....such a long wait.

Flacco should have a field day against our defense. Heck, he lit up our 2014 defense which was miles ahead of the current unit.

...Can't wait for the phantom pi's on those deep passes that are uncatchable!

This defense is exactly what the Ravens do not want to see. Bend don't break. Don't give up the big play. If the Ravens can't be patient they will quickly become frustrated.

Only 2 years ago, we faced the Ravens in an epic AFC championship game at home in which we were down 14 in the 4th quarter and by all rights should have lost. Two years before that, they beat us at home in the AFCC game and went on to win the SB. The year before that, we eeked out another AFCC game against them when Sterling Moore dislodged the ball away in the last minute on a sure TD from Flacco. A couple of years before that they killed us at home in a playoff game. All games vs Flacco, Harbaugh, and Suggs.

They had a bad 2015 and slow start this year, but they're playing good football again and they worry me big time given how important this game is to us. What they just did to Miami, who'd won 6 straight, was kind of shocking I thought.

I thought it was the divisional game 2 years ago. The AFCC game was against lol.. the Colts.. which started the deflategate saga. How could you forget?

The Ravens always play us tough. Remember back in 2007 they should have knocked us out of the undefeated category. That final drive they kept getting penalties called against them and we just barely pulled that game out.

This defense is exactly what the Ravens do not want to see. Bend don't break. Don't give up the big play. If the Ravens can't be patient they will quickly become frustrated.

We are at home and I think we have the better over all team, but without Gronk and going against a really good defense like Baltimore it will be very interesting to see how well Brady and company play against them.

I thought it was the divisional game 2 years ago. The AFCC game was against lol.. the Colts.. which started the deflategate saga. How could you forget?

The Ravens always play us tough. Remember back in 2007 they should have knocked us out of the undefeated category. That final drive they kept getting penalties called against them and we just barely pulled that game out.

I was at that game and they should have had penalties called against them all game. They literally held and a couple of times tackled our receivers without a flag. It was the final drive that they decided to call it. And the hold on Watson was blatant and was absolutely the right call. Can't remember which defender it was but he wrapped his arms around his waist.

It got to the point on 2007 the refs let the defense get away with a lot of holding. I remember one play against the Eagles where Moss made a break running a route the DB grabbed his jersey and held on ultimately pulling his jersey down under his shoulder pad, with the ball to him in the air, right in front of the Ref and nothing.

With all that said I was wearing my Pats sweatshirt, it was the craziest wind I have ever experienced in a stadium, and I thought I was going to get murdered walking out of there.

We are at home and I think we have the better over all team, but without Gronk and going against a really good defense like Baltimore it will be very interesting to see how well Brady and company play against them.

They are a good defense. But you make me laugh with your definitions of a good defense. You say the Rams are not a good defense because they gave up over 30 four times, even though in two of those games the defense allowed points in the mid-20's. All while playing with a horrible offense, in fact the Rams going into yesterday's game were forcing punts on 51% of their opponents drives tied for 1st in the league with....the Ravens.

Now the Ravens are a really good defense (I don't disagree) yet they have allowed over 24 points four times this year, and allowed the Browns to put up 20 on them. All the while allowing 41 less total yards per game, and 17.2 PPG just like....the Pats defense, and we all know the Pats defense sucks. Yet we share 6 common opponents (7 games each).
In full disclosure, the Pats have allowed 36 more Points per game in the common games. 14 were the late 4th quarter points we allowed to Miami after the offense sputtered without Jimmy G. The rest mostly comes down to the difference between playing Buffalo twice and playing Cleveland twice. We allowed 41 to Buffalo in two games and they allowed 27 to Cleveland in two games.

Points allowed by team:

NEvBal.png

So I am not sure what counts as a good defense. The goal posts keep moving.

Last edited:
What the hell about that article could you possibly find offensive?
Drew Bledsoe is, by all accounts, a nice person. I just finished throwing up, and I will soon return to the bathroom to throw up again. Jim Plunkett and his teammates, led by Chuck Fairbanks, introduced the Patriots as legitimate contenders in the post merger NFL. Steve Grogan then led them to championship contention, within the dominant AFC. The Drew Bledsoe era consisted of a losing record, only four postseason appearances, also with a losing record. Absolutely nothing that happened on the field before Brady took over was even as good as what their Patriots predecessors did in the 60's, 70's and 80's. Further, the Kraft edition wore ugly, impostor uniforms with a fake logo concocted by one of the legion of propagators of the myth of the Patriots' being somehow worse than a dozen other franchises with crumbling stadiums and far worse on field records. Drew Bledsoe was drafted #1 in the NFL, paid a ton of money, handed a starting job with no competition, racked up some decent individual numbers and was absolutely deified by his owner and fans. Then, when he finally, mercifully got out of there, and the team thus at last had a chance to win, he whined like a baby and then congratulated himself on his restraint. Bledsoe is in Tony Eason's class, not in the stratosphere near Grogan, Plunkett or Parilli. Plunkett especially, is as astronomically superior a player as he is in fact unappreciated locally. Time for me to rush to the bathroom, again.

Drew Bledsoe is, by all accounts, a nice person. I just finished throwing up, and I will soon return to the bathroom to throw up again. Jim Plunkett and his teammates, led by Chuck Fairbanks, introduced the Patriots as legitimate contenders in the post merger NFL. Steve Grogan then led them to championship contention, within the dominant AFC. The Drew Bledsoe era consisted of a losing record, only four postseason appearances, also with a losing record. Absolutely nothing that happened on the field before Brady took over was even as good as what their Patriots predecessors did in the 60's, 70's and 80's. Further, the Kraft edition wore ugly, impostor uniforms with a fake logo concocted by one of the legion of propagators of the myth of the Patriots' being somehow worse than a dozen other franchises with crumbling stadiums and far worse on field records. Drew Bledsoe was drafted #1 in the NFL, paid a ton of money, handed a starting job with no competition, racked up some decent individual numbers and was absolutely deified by his owner and fans. Then, when he finally, mercifully got out of there, and the team thus at last had a chance to win, he whined like a baby and then congratulated himself on his restraint. Bledsoe is in Tony Eason's class, not in the stratosphere near Grogan, Plunkett or Parilli. Plunkett especially, is as astronomically superior a player as he is in fact unappreciated locally. Time for me to rush to the bathroom, again.
Thanks for the play by play on the vomitorium... as for Plunkett please stop..
anigif_enhanced-17348-1405698069-14.gif

Do us all a favor: don't rush back.

Actual Pats Fan =
RainMan_068Pyxurz.jpg

They are a good defense. But you make me laugh with your definitions of a good defense. You say the Rams are not a good defense because they gave up over 30 four times, even though in two of those games the defense allowed points in the mid-20's. All while playing with a horrible offense, in fact the Rams going into yesterday's game were forcing punts on 51% of their opponents drives tied for 1st in the league with....the Ravens.

Now the Ravens are a really good defense (I don't disagree) yet they have allowed over 24 points four times this year, and allowed the Browns to put up 20 on them. All the while allowing 41 less total yards per game, and 17.2 PPG just like....the Pats defense, and we all know the Pats defense sucks. Yet we share 6 common opponents (7 games each).
In full disclosure, the Pats have allowed 36 more Points per game in the common games. 14 were the late 4th quarter points we allowed to Miami after the offense sputtered without Jimmy G. The rest mostly comes down to the difference between playing Buffalo twice and playing Cleveland twice. We allowed 41 to Buffalo in two games and they allowed 27 to Cleveland in two games.

Points allowed by team:

View attachment 15015

So I am not sure what counts as a good defense. The goal posts keep moving.

Remind me when I said the Rams had a bad defense? The strength of the Rams is their defense. Also this league is schizo.. I mean the Colts are shalacking the Jets 31-3.. and we barely beat the Jets.

Remind me when I said the Rams had a bad defense? The strength of the Rams is their defense.
I'll remind you of something you said earlier today

Sorry just had to clarify to a complete pomp pomp waving moron.. this is officially my last post until after the ravens game.

Remind me when I said the Rams had a bad defense? The strength of the Rams is their defense. Also this league is schizo.. I mean the Colts are shalacking the Jets 31-3.. and we barely beat the Jets.
Jets also beat the Ravens this year.

My bad. It was alvocadoicecream, for some reason I thought it was you...

Well the Jets are a divisional game, the familiarity really does make a difference. And I don't think the Jets would get up for a meaningless game against the Colts the same way they would against the Pats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes