PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do the Ravens scare you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would agree with one thing in this thread, that the Ravens feast on turnovers so protect the ball and they are not as formidable as they seem. Its just that the Pats seem to fall into that trap with them every dam game they play against each other. LOL

Was reading an article in the Baltimore Sun that said Flacco went at Marty Morningweig to open up the offense vs MIA. Looks like it worked.

Was reading an article in the Baltimore Sun that said Flacco went at Marty Morningweig to open up the offense vs MIA. Looks like it worked.

The more Flacco throws, the happier I will be in this game. I would also like to know how Flacco managed 4 interceptions in his two games against the Browns this season. I didn't think that was possible, even against a division rival.

I guess we will see if the Ravens found an offense in Miami or, as Bill Barwell contends, it is just an aberration and the offensive woes will go on.

Gronkowski is a huge part of the offense, as was Lewis last year.

no one's saying cancel the season - some folks are simply calling into question the "next man up" and the "they're still an offensive powerhouse without Gronkowski" narrative. We heard the same thing last year when Lewis went out.

Immediately after he went out the offense struggled to maintain drives. They kept winning some games, but even in wins the offense was often sluggish and had a hard time getting chunk plays as teams just used the old rex ryan rush 3 and flood the short zone defense. Clairvoyants like myself and others duly noted that this lack of third down efficiency would eventually bite them in the arse if they didn't figure out how to convert third downs against good defenses. What happened? They threw up a third down conversion rate of TWENTY FOUR PERCENT over their final 4 games including playoffs. This included stellar 2/10 vs the NYJ, 2/14 vs Miami, and 2/15 vs Denver. Against KC they convereted at 50% - and guess what, they won the game!

Point is, and I may have said this in another thread, injuries kill this team on offense moreso on defense. Look what happens when healthy - they win a super bowl. In 2014 Gronkowski, Edelman, LaFell, Amendola, Vereen, were all healthy. They converted third downs thusly in the playoffs - 6/11 vs Bal, 12/18 vs Ind, and 8/14 vs Sea in the SB.

I'm hoping the sideways passing attack and running game keeps them out of 3d and longs because without the threat of a run on third down this team is going to struggle mightily....
The offense at the end of last year was a mess because of the injuries to the OL. In those games BB kicked off to start OT and ran 167 straight times against Miami because he was afraid of pass blocking. Those games have nothing to do with this years team.

The more Flacco throws, the happier I will be in this game. I would also like to know how Flacco managed 4 interceptions in his two games against the Browns this season. I didn't think that was possible, even against a division rival.

I agree. I do not believe Flacco is they type of QB that can carry an offense. He needs a solid D and a running game. Their D is decent but their running game won't scare anyone.

I guess we will see if the Ravens found an offense in Miami or, as Bill Barwell contends, it is just an aberration and the offensive woes will go on.

Yea hes right. Their line is subpar.

Only 2 years ago, we faced the Ravens in an epic AFC championship game at home in which we were down 14 in the 4th quarter and by all rights should have lost. Two years before that, they beat us at home in the AFCC game and went on to win the SB. The year before that, we eeked out another AFCC game against them when Sterling Moore dislodged the ball away in the last minute on a sure TD from Flacco. A couple of years before that they killed us at home in a playoff game. All games vs Flacco, Harbaugh, and Suggs.

They had a bad 2015 and slow start this year, but they're playing good football again and they worry me big time given how important this game is to us. What they just did to Miami, who'd won 6 straight, was kind of shocking I thought.

I'm not afraid of any team in the NFL. All of them have flaws, and can be beat on any given Sunday.

I think some posters are nervous because the Ravens are not intimidated by playing the Patriots in Foxboro and there was the surprising loss in the 2012 AFCCG. Be that as it may, the team that wins Monday night will be the team that, as the time-worn cliche goes, executes in all three phases of the game.

It should be a close game between two solid football teams.

Of course, if the Patriots win big or in some dramatic fashion, then Harbawl and the Cravens will doubtless cry foul and pin blame on some esoteric and imagined rule violation, the officiating, or some other external source instead of their own incompetence in one aspect during the game or another... which is usually the actual mundane reason for teams losing games in the NFL.

I've heard and read for several years of countless talking heads all saying that the Ravens aren't afraid of/intimidated by playing the Patriots in Gillette. I don't know if they are or aren't, but I'd love to know the origin of that urban legend. It's stated by everyone who says it with absolute certainty, and I've never seen it attributed to any other team.

Look I have already made a joke post, so I won't go there again.

But yes, the Ravens scare me. More importantly, the Ravens scare the Pats, and Bill and Tom particularly. And you know what, so do every other team the Pats play. The Pats take every team seriously. That is why they win so much. They fear everyone.

I've heard and read for several years of countless talking heads all saying that the Ravens aren't afraid of/intimidated by playing the Patriots in Gillette. I don't know if they are or aren't, but I'd love to know the origin of that urban legend. It's stated by everyone who says it with absolute certainty, and I've never seen it attributed to any other team.

I always believed that was a result of the 2009 debacle and the playoff beatdown in the Razor (frankly, a beating delivered to the worst Pats team in the BB era).

Other than that, I would just conclude that an individual lacking (1) intelligence and (2) common sense fears nothing. I agree wholeheartedly that the entire Ravens roster is generally blessed with a complete deficiency of both qualities.

I don't get that the Ravens are hot. Yesterday got them to a two game winning streak. And they barely beat the Bengals without AJ Green the week before (the Bengals were on the Ravens' 16 with 1:12 left down by seven when Dalton was strip sacked to end the game). Prior to their last loss, they had a two game winning streak. In fact, they haven't won more than 3 in a row all season and that was at the beginning of the season.

I don't get this "The Ravens are hot" stuff. The Pats are hotter than the Ravens.

The Ravens are the equivalent of the Boogeyman to many on this board.

The Ravens are the equivalent of the Boogeyman to many on this board.
Yes, along with Eli Manning. I recognize his role in the 2 SB losses, but he's not and never has been a top tier NFL quarterback.

Because they have knocked us off twice in the playoffs at home. And nearly did it 4 times. Against some very good patriot teams.

The origin was 2009, then peaked in 2012 when they dominated the patriots in the afc title game. In 2014, I think the patriots went in there supremely confident as the 1 seed, and they needed an all time great performance by Brady to escape with the win.

People believe there physical style of play on defense, solid secondary with deep threat WRs are a difficult matchup for us. And for some reason, flacco never seems to turn the ball over against New England. They lost ed reed, but replaced him with a very good Eric Weddle.

With all that said, I am very confident we will beat them Monday night. Establishing the run will be key, and take a few shots downfield to keep the D honest and open up the stuff underneath. I will be there at the game rooting my ass off!

I'm not afraid of any team in the NFL. All of them have flaws, and can be beat on any given Sunday.

I think some posters are nervous because the Ravens are not intimidated by playing the Patriots in Foxboro and there was the surprising loss in the 2012 AFCCG. Be that as it may, the team that wins Monday night will be the team that, as the time-worn cliche goes, executes in all three phases of the game.

It should be a close game between two solid football teams.

Of course, if the Patriots win big or in some dramatic fashion, then Harbawl and the Cravens will doubtless cry foul and pin blame on some esoteric and imagined rule violation, the officiating, or some other external source instead of their own incompetence in one aspect during the game or another... which is usually the actual mundane reason for teams losing games in the NFL.
No team should be "itimidated" by New England at home. Its embarrasing that any franchise would be scared to face us even if we are dominate. I say man up and do your fuc*ing job. Jeesh.

Only 2 years ago, we faced the Ravens in an epic AFC championship game at home in which we were down 14 in the 4th quarter and by all rights should have lost. Two years before that, they beat us at home in the AFCC game and went on to win the SB. The year before that, we eeked out another AFCC game against them when Sterling Moore dislodged the ball away in the last minute on a sure TD from Flacco. A couple of years before that they killed us at home in a playoff game. All games vs Flacco, Harbaugh, and Suggs.

They had a bad 2015 and slow start this year, but they're playing good football again and they worry me big time given how important this game is to us. What they just did to Miami, who'd won 6 straight, was kind of shocking I thought.

Yeah

The Ravens are the most dominant 3-9 against the Patriots ever.

Thank god we were able to eke out a 50-3 win in Baltimore in 2013.

I get that some people are naturally pessimistic, they will always see the glass as half empty.

What I don't get is the need for them to spend day after day on a message board trying to convince other people that they need to be worrying too

I think a sensible translation is that it is very difficult to win in New England and many teams probably have some doubt whether they can come here and win but the ravens have done it before so they have more confidence.

However considering it's been 4 years since they won here there really only are a handful of players left who experienced that win.

Because they have knocked us off twice in the playoffs at home. And nearly did it 4 times. Against some very good patriot teams.

The origin was 2009, then peaked in 2012 when they dominated the patriots in the afc title game. In 2014, I think the patriots went in there supremely confident as the 1 seed, and they needed an all time great performance by Brady to escape with the win.

People believe there physical style of play on defense, solid secondary with deep threat WRs are a difficult matchup for us. And for some reason, flacco never seems to turn the ball over against New England. They lost ed reed, but replaced him with a very good Eric Weddle.

With all that said, I am very confident we will beat them Monday night. Establishing the run will be key, and take a few shots downfield to keep the D honest and open up the stuff underneath. I will be there at the game rooting my ass off!

I would be more confident if we had gronk. This offense's a work in progress. This defense will have to step up big time. They failed the first big test against seattle.

Look I have already made a joke post, so I won't go there again.

But yes, the Ravens scare me. More importantly, the Ravens scare the Pats, and Bill and Tom particularly. And you know what, so do every other team the Pats play. The Pats take every team seriously. That is why they win so much. They fear everyone.
Maybe respect is the better word?

The fact they're stupid, ignorant morons helps a lot. Both the people talking, and the Ravens. It is an effective approach. Just check out this stinking pile of horsesh*t: Bill Reynolds: Beldsoe's impact on Patriots shouldn't be forgotten

if you keep on saying it, it becomes truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back