PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do the Pats have a "Playmaker" on their D?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because you hardly post on here anymore and just decided to come out of the wordwork and criticize someone.

I hardly post here because this forum is 70% hysterical cesspool and 30% people trying to have reasonable conversations with doorknobs.

"....a guy Pats fans wanted to succeed?"
Nice cop out.

I wanted him to succeed. You didn't? I also want to see Ninko, Burgess, and Cunningham succeed. Don't you? Not that it's a topic for this thread, anyways. You really come of like an insecure guy trying to crow about things other people don't even care about or remember, and you're probably doing a great job of misrepresenting what happened in the process. Good for you, I guess. Bro.

Last edited:
I do apologize for making the post difficult to read. I was attempting to type a thought as I was thinking it, not type an essay that was going to be critiqued by the ever so intellectually gifted DaBruinz. DaBruinz, please let me know on a scale of 1-10, how difficult was this for you? Also, let me know what level of difficulty you are comfortable with, and I will make the proper adjustments for my next post. I should have known, with a name like DaBruinz, you would be all over any errors in punctuation, grammatical mishaps or paragraphs that were not properly formed. Once again DaBruinz, just let me know what level of difficulty is ok with you, and I will make sure to accommodate your reading preferences. All of the proverbial T's and I's will be crossed and dotted.

WOW. Nothing like opening your mouth and proving the type of fool you really are.

Why do you even bother posting if you aren't going to be intelligent about it?

I think Mayo is a fine player, but he does not make big plays. In the past this defense got by on the bend but don't break philosophy because there was always somebody to make a play. They would let the team move the ball some, but eventually someone would create a turnover, get a sack or something. I have no idea who is going to do those things on this defense.

This is Mayo's 3rd year.

During Mayo's rookie season, the Pats LIMITED him in what they wanted him to do. He was learning the position. During his sophomore year, he strained his MCL early and was never fully healthy. This year he is healthy AND he has someone next to him who should allow him to be the WILB on a full time basis. That's the position Bruschi used to play. Spikes should be the SILB. The same position Johnson used to play.

Give it time. Mayo is still young and still has a lot of learning to do.

WOW. Nothing like opening your mouth and proving the type of fool you really are.

Why do you even bother posting if you aren't going to be intelligent about it?

But your handle, it's DaBruinz. That's important.

Your arrogance is ridiculous, and believe me ignoring your stupidity will not be difficult.

My arrogance? Isn't presumptuously stating "everyone" agrees with your position arrogant?

Sorry, but I can't take a guy with the name DaBruinz seriously when he's critical. In my opinion, the name DaBruinz and valid point are mutually exclusive.

Hmm.. you can't take me seriously when I'm critical because of my username?

This coming from the guy with the username iapatsfan...

No one asked you to put your thoughts into an essay for it to be critiqued. But simple friggin paragraphs would have helped get your point (or lack there of) across.

But, whatever, keep flapping your trap and others will quickly come to the same conclusion I have.

Now Jack Bauer is in this. Another guy from whom I should definitely be taking posting advice. One should always take advice from a guy who names himself after a fictional television character. Sorry to bust your bubble Jack, but he is fictional. By the way, all of those folks you see at your annual Star Trek convention...Yep they're fictional too.

How do you know when a poster has taken himself out of the argument because he knows he's lost? He resorts to making fun of people's usernames or postcounts or some other ridiculous notion.

I'm pretty sure most of us realized it. When we, you know, won the Super Bowl and all.

It just amazes me how the majority of time a guy can not post a single non-inflaming post without someone on this board responding like a smart @$$.

Really pushes the point of why I don't visit this board near as much as I used to.

I am not saying any of these players played together. I'm just stating there seemed to always be a transition from one group of playmakers to the next.

As for poking fun at DaBruinz and JackBauer. I only did this because they originally got involved in this post by criticizing the structure of my post vs. the content. If I thought proper structure was the purpose of this forum, I would have made an effort to break out the original post into paragraphs. It really irritates me to see these members that choose to critique the grammatical quality of posts instead of just addressing the content. How egotistical do you have to be to attempt to point out structural, grammatical or any type of typing errors in the posts of a Patriots fan forum.

You really should learn to read because I criticized your content (and lack there of) as well as the lack of structure to you post. Maybe you should stop lying to yourself, remove your head from your rectum, and realize that your presentation was horrid and you are getting the criticism you earned.

BTW, it had nothing to do with EGO that you got criticized for your lack of structure. It had everything to do with the fact that your lack of structure made your presentation horrible. But you are too damn arrogant to understand that.

It just amazes me how the majority of time a guy can not post a single non-inflaming post without someone on this board responding like a smart @$$.

Really pushes the point of why I don't visit this board near as much as I used to.

Sorry, Francis. It is an Internet messageboard, so I'm not sure exactly what you expect.

You speak for everyone? I was unaware of that. I apologize. I love when people make arguments under the premise of "everyone" believes a certain way. You should be in politics my man. Here's a hint, next time you see my post, go ahead and ignore it. Problem solved.

*ROFLMAO* And you were calling Jack Bauer and myself egotistical? I love the irony..

Burgess, Warren, Wright, TBC......4 average at best players . Why would anyone expect this D to be any good when the front liners are so weak. The safeties need to be huge this year because they will be very busy.

Burgess, Warren, Wright, TBC......4 average at best players . Why would anyone expect this D to be any good when the front liners are so weak. The safeties need to be huge this year because they will be very busy.

TBC is only average? Also, I think you are giving too much credit to Burgess.

Lessee. I'd say Vince is a playmaker. Ty Warren's a playmaker. I thought that McGowan made some plays last night but I wouldn't call him a playmaker yet. Tully apparently can make plays too.

And, I'd say a lot of the guys, especially Bodden and Meriweather, are above average players. I'd imagine, with many in this thread, that Mayo will get to that level.

Not saying the other guys blow or anything. But you don't have to game plan for Butler except to find his man.<===OK too harsh, but he is not impressing me right now.

Interesting how it only takes one preseason game for some people to decide that they must pick fights with other fans.
This thread was a disaster from the start as clearly it was an attempt to feel better by blasting the team for having the audacity to not play a preseason game like it was the SB, rather than a real attempt at discussion.
I love when threads are disguised as a question then any responder that doesn't praise the implication is called an idiot. .
The in fighting that followed was all this thread was ever destined for.

"I heard someone had a question?"
medium_brandon%20spikes.jpg

I wanted him to succeed. You didn't? I also want to see Ninko, Burgess, and Cunningham succeed. Don't you?
Of course I wanted Woods to succeed. But the difference between myself and most people on this board, is that I knew it wasn't going to happen. Although Maroney has done a heck of a lot more, he's another example.
Not that it's a topic for this thread, anyways. You really come of like an insecure guy trying to crow about things other people don't even care about or remember, and you're probably doing a great job of misrepresenting what happened in the process. Good for you, I guess. Bro.
I'm not misrepresenting anything. I remember arguing that Woods was worthless as a starting LB, you defended him.

Of course I wanted Woods to succeed. But the difference between myself and most people on this board, is that I knew it wasn't going to happen. Although Maroney has done a heck of a lot more, he's another example.

I'm not misrepresenting anything. I remember arguing that Woods was worthless as a starting LB, you defended him.

If by defend you mean wanted to see succeed, then I did defend him. I certainly never said that Woods was a sure-fire success. But a guy who thinks it's somehow important to people to apologize for a player not cracking the starting line-up, I doubt any reasonable interpretation of somebody else's position that in any way may not agree with yours is ever going to take place. You're a bizarrely obsessive and stalker-ish troll, plain and simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back