PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do the Patriots have the best OT combo in the NFL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

livinginthe past

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
One constant through this season so far has been the protection of #12 from speed rushers on the outside.

We've seen plenty of good pass rushers so far from the likes of Baltimore, Seattle, Arizona, Denver and St Louis - and none of them have been able to really able to lay a hand on 'the Franchise'.

Solder and Vollmer, by the nature of their positions, rarely get their number called - but I can't think of a better paid of bookend currently in the NFL.

Thoughts?

LOL. Vollmer is elite, but Solder is bottom tier in the league

Holding#77 . False start#77. Hurry up and hit from who else...#77

I think that's 2 out of the last 3 games where Brady wasn't sacked. The tackles have been playing great.

they'd get more recognition if every guard on the roster stopped playing so darn well :) ... kudos to the whole line, and for the sake of this thread topic, especially our boys on the ends. Stay healthy.

Does anyone remember a guy named Matt Light?

Well Brady getting the ball out so quickly helps them but yeah, they're definitely up there.

I covet Kyle Long to take over for Vollmer, who I doubt we'll be able to keep after this season.

I covet Kyle Long to take over for Vollmer, who I doubt we'll be able to keep after this season.

why do you think that? the Patriots were the only ones who worked him out prior to the draft, he wasn't even sure if he would be drafted. you have to think that he will show some loyalty.

why do you think that? the Patriots were the only ones who worked him out prior to the draft, he wasn't even sure if he would be drafted. you have to think that he will show some loyalty.

Yah!
Patriots Uber Alles!

Remember when in August people were killing Solder as bust? The guy is a solid LT who has the potential to be great or elite. Right now with Jake Long struggling, he is the best LT in the division. He handled Freeney better than Light ever did although Freeney is 32 and not remotely the same player he was when he was 28.

Today's game is probably not the game to follow with this question. Neither player was exactly All-Pro level today.

Though both tall OTs are fast for big guys, esp Solder, they had their problems with the quick little colt spinners

Last edited:

If BB wants to keep you,he does...Vollmer is going nowhere.......period:rocker:

Between an abundance of cap space, a shortcoming of talent both in the draft and in free agency, inexpensiveness of right tackles, and Vollmer's high level of play, I can't see any way he leaves the team. Like, less than 5% chance.

Between an abundance of cap space, a shortcoming of talent both in the draft and in free agency, inexpensiveness of right tackles, and Vollmer's high level of play, I can't see any way he leaves the team. Like, less than 5% chance.

I'd call it more like 25% because of the possibility that another team targets Vollmer to be their starting LEFT tackle, raising the $$ stakes.

Last edited:
We need money for Talib, Vollmer, Welker, Edelman, Woodhead and Cole.

I don't see us spending a lot on any free agents unless they replace one of the above players.

I expect us to draft a safety and a guard.

Last edited:
We need money for Talib, Vollmer, Welker, Edelman, Woodhead and Cole.

I don't see us spending a lot on any free agents unless they replace one of the above players.

I expect us to draft a safety and a guard.

Edelman, Woodhead and Cole won't cost that much. We have $35 Million in cap space next year. I want them to get Ed Reed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes