PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do the Giants try and prevent a perfect season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

festy1986

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
I know the Pats still have to get through Miami, but assuming that they do what they should and they goto NY at 15-0.

I don't know where the Giants are at standing wise but I do know they are having another one of those fast starts, slow finishing seasons again.

But, is game 16 shaping up to be a game that means any thing to them standing wise, and if not, are they going to take the chance of hurting there team just to try and prevent the Pats from going 16-0?

giants will be playing for a playoff spot if they dont beat buffalo this weekend

I know the Pats still have to get through Miami, but assuming that they do what they should and they goto NY at 15-0.

I don't know where the Giants are at standing wise but I do know they are having another one of those fast starts, slow finishing seasons again.

But, is game 16 shaping up to be a game that means any thing to them standing wise, and if not, are they going to take the chance of hurting there team just to try and prevent the Pats from going 16-0?

Shockey is shelved with broken leg. Eli has zero big game mentality. Even if they wanted to, they can't although their defensive line is good and good put a few hits on Brady from the non-pro bowl side of the line....

If the Giants win this weekend, they'll clinch a playoff berth and can gain nothing more from beating the Pats. And they are a seriously banged up team. Even if they desperately want to derail the Pats, it would be the height of irresponsibility to not rest their starters if they've already gotten the wild card.

Keeping that in mind, the Bills absolutely do have it in them to beat the Giants, but they can't make the playoffs now and have nothing to play for. So in the battle of "who wants it more" the Giants will probably take the win.

And let's be clear about something: the Giants know that if their only other shot at getting into the playoffs is to shatter the Pats 16-0 dream in its last game, they better make this first shot count.

Though there would be some beautiful poetry about the Pats defeating Peyton and Dungy's "saintly" Colts, completing their unholy, undefeated season by knocking the other Manning out of the playoffs (and getting Coughlin fired) and then claiming 19-0 and their 4th SB after plowing through the Colts again in the AFCCG.

So... here's hoping the Bills win, just to spice things up a bit. :D

It's probably better that it's in Buffalo under their conditions as it will force the Giants to run more, and less chance for Eli to screw up.

The consensus in New York is that if the Giants win this weekend they will rest up for the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes