PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do the Defections Affect You Watching Videos ?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

How do the Defections affect your old feelings watching the videos ?

• No effect - As good as ever. The thrill feels like it just happened.

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • Some effect. It's not how it used to be but it's still pretty good.

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Big effect. I don't watch the videos much and the feeling is mostly gone.

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BelichickFan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Now that so may of the guys like Vinatraitor, Branch, Givens, McGinest have taken the money and run, how does it affect your feelings watching 3GtG I, II, III, etc ?

Last edited:
I'm in the Big Effect category myself I'm afraid. I haven't watched those videos in a long time, I'm going to have to pull out out. But when I see Vinatraitor highlights now, it's more of a shrug than anything else.

That's the weirdest poll I've ever seen BFan.

I usually watch videos to see the girls butt dancing. Didn't see that category.:D

BelichickFan said:
I'm in the Big Effect category myself I'm afraid. I haven't watched those videos in a long time, I'm going to have to pull out out. But when I see Vinatraitor highlights now, it's more of a shrug than anything else.

I don't know. I guess since some of the departures were in bad blood it does change my feelings towards the videos. But the videos will always bring me back. My vote was for 'some change'.

Absolutely not. I have enough perspective to realize that if I were a professional athlete, I would be trying to get as much in my ten years professionally as possible.

It is possible to watch the old videos and games, appreciate and respect those players for what they did, and also have no hard feelings because they left for money elsewhere.

This kind of stuff happens with normal people all the time, whether it be close school-mates who go on to other things, or friends/neighbors moving away to pursue a better job opportunity, or co-workers changing companies for a raise or a promotion.

I'm not sure what makes this year so different for some people.

Haven't we already experienced this with Bledsoe, Woody, Milloy, and Law? I still thoroughly enjoy watching the 2001 DVD, and watching those guys play well.

McGinest, Vinatieri, Givens, and Branch are pretty much the same situation, as far as I'm concerned.

The only difference is the DVD's look more dated now, since most of the current team is turned over with new guys.

Last edited:
I like this pole. I think we all have the pleasure from time to time of popping in an old DVD and giggling about the ups and downs of the current dynasty.

And, yeah, the DVD loses a little bit of 'current interest' when most of the players are no longer on the team.

I can appreciate what they did for us, from Boom-Boom Coleman to Marc Edwards to Compton to Andruzzi to Wiggins to Pleasant to whoever.

But the fact that they were Patriots for such a brief time, and some of them wouldn't sacrifice anything at all to stay with their team and teammates and fans does diminish the effect a little in my mind.

It's just hard to root for somebody who is a Colt or Lion or whatever.

Appreciate what they did, not really interested in what many of them are up to today on a different roster. Only dislike two of them. One from just today. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes