PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do the Colts feel like the 2004 Steelers this week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOT64

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Remember back in the 2004 season when Pittsburgh was 15-1 and was a home underdog in the AFCCG playoff to the Patriots who were 14-2 in the regular season,I wonder if the Colts feel like the Steelers did back then and feel disrespected despite thier great record.

I understand there is a difference between the two situations but when you have a remarkable record and are at home to the Patriots and you are still an underdog you got to feel just a bit disrespected.

Of course the Patriots still went out and beat down that Steelers team and I think the same will be said when this game is done,but I just get the same feeling a similar situation is like this in Colts land this week.

Last edited:
As I pointed out in another thread, this reminds me of that Pittsburgh game in another way:

The Pats played last time with a TON of guys missing or hampered (Seymour, Harrison, Seau, Wilson, Dillon, Maroney, others?) and have ALL of those guys back (except, maybe, Geno). They also add Moss, Welker, Stallworth and replace Graham with Kyle Brady.

So...lots of talk about last time, and disrespect, and while there have been mentions of the new WR corps, there's been very little, more like ZIP, talk about the Patriots who didn't play last time but who WILL play this time.

Yep, reminds me a lot of that 2004 AFCCG.

Last edited:
As I pointed out in another thread, this reminds me of that Pittsburgh game in another way:

The Pats played last time with a TON of guys missing or hampered (Seymour, Harrison, Seau, Wilson, Dillon, Maroney, others?) and have ALL of those guys back (except, maybe, Geno). They also add Moss, Welker, Stallworth and replace Graham with Kyle Brady.

So...lots of talk about last time, and disrespect, and while there have been mentions of the new WR corps, there's been very little, more like ZIP, talk about the Patriots who didn't play last time but who WILL play this time.

Yep, reminds me a lot of that 2004 AFCCG.

Funny, It reminds me of the 2004 Divisional game between the Colts and the Patriots. The "unstoppable" juggernaut offense coming into the Superbowl champs house, nobody really giving the home team a chance after the way the visitor was hanging points up on the opposition. The visitor had tons of weapons to take care of that team that was just "ripe for the picking".

The shoe might, just might, be on the other foot this time. You never know!

Funny, It reminds me of the 2004 Divisional game between the Colts and the Patriots. The "unstoppable" juggernaut offense coming into the Superbowl champs house, nobody really giving the home team a chance after the way the visitor was hanging points up on the opposition. The visitor had tons of weapons to take care of that team that was just "ripe for the picking".

The only thing was ,was that the Patriots were a 1 1/2 point favorite in that game - at least the home team in that game was the favorite.

It must make for a locker room board material for the Colts this week to be nearly 5 point underdog despite being defending champs AND having home field advantage in this game and on top of that being 7-0 and undefeated in 2007 :eek:

Its just got to be a BIG disrespect thing for the Colts players this week,Absolutely do doubt in my mind there is talk in the locker room about this very stuff all week.

For that reason I think we will see the Colts as fired up and rarin to go as we have never seen them before - Does that change the outcome? - probably not,I still see a 5 point Pats win.

Last edited:
The only thing was ,was that the Patriots were a 1 1/2 point favorite in that game - at least the home team in that game was the favorite.

It must make for a locker room board material for the Colts this week to be nearly 5 point underdog despite being defending champs AND having home field advantage in this game and on top of that being 7-0 and undefeated in 2007 :eek:

Its just got to be a BIG disrespect thing for the Colts players this week,Absolutely do doubt in my mind there is talk in the locker room about this very stuff all week.

For that reason I think we will see the Colts as fired up and rarin to go as we have never seen them before - Does that change the outcome? - probably not,I still see a 5 point Pats win.

I see it pretty much the same as you, although I think a turnover could swing it a TD either way. The Colts make the mistake, we lose by a dozen, the Patriots make the mistake, we could pull the upset. I think the 5 point line isn't uncalled for considering the way the Patriots have been playing. Hopefully Polian got the Speakers reconed this week.

Or there could be some early turnovers that would pressure the team into more turnovers that lead to a blowout. :bricks: for whatever team gets on the bad side of that. Cause then it might look like the 2003 AFCCG!

I see it pretty much the same as you, although I think a turnover could swing it a TD either way. The Colts make the mistake, we lose by a dozen, the Patriots make the mistake, we could pull the upset. I think the 5 point line isn't uncalled for considering the way the Patriots have been playing. Hopefully Polian got the Speakers reconed this week.

Or there could be some early turnovers that would pressure the team into more turnovers that lead to a blowout. :bricks: for whatever team gets on the bad side of that. Cause then it might look like the 2003 AFCCG!

I have no doubts that this game could very well NOT live up to expectations and there could be a blowout from a turnover fest by one of these teams.

Its hard to imagine either of these teams with a +11 turnover ratio thus far in the season can suddenly have a turnover laden game but you see it frequently happen when a game is so hyped up that players try too hard to make a good play and it ends up going the other way for 7 points.

Tonight on NFLN,Deion Sanders said he was almost sure that by the end of this game there is going to be a wide gap from the #1 team in the NFL to the #2 team as there is right now with gap between the #2 team to the #3 and the rest and he said one of these QBs will lay an egg - That is very possible and for my teams sake I hope Brady is not the goat in this one.

Lets hope for a great game and may the best team win and no major injuries for either side.

BTW: Just to add I hope Marvin Harrison is fully ready to play as I want both sides to have thier best players on hand so there are no excuses that either team won because a main player was injured.

Last edited:
I have no doubts that this game could very well NOT live up to expectations and there could be a blowout from a turnover fest by one of these teams.

Its hard to imagine either of these teams with a +11 turnover ratio thus far in the season can suddenly have a turnover laden game but you see it frequently happen when a game is so hyped up that players try too hard to make a good play and it ends up going the other way for 7 points.

Tonight on NFLN,Deion Sanders said he was almost sure that by the end of this game there is going to be a wide gap from the #1 team in the NFL to the #2 team as there is right now with gap between the #2 team to the #3 and the rest and he said one of these QBs will lay an egg - That is very possible and for my teams sake I hope Brady is not the goat in this one.

Lets hope for a great game and may the best team win and no major injuries for either side.

BTW: Just to add I hope Marvin Harrison is fully ready to play as I want both sides to have thier best players on hand so there are no excuses that either team won because a main player was injured.

I don't think he will be sadly..... Sounds like the injury is a lot worse then we all know. Hype or no hype, I can't see any reputable coach risking future injury to a player THEY WILL NEED down the stretch if they wish to repete. The guy is a warrior, and will want to, but I just don't think he will. I was troubled to hear today that this pain may last forever. Shame, He's one Colt I admire.

BTW, I agree with you too. After this game it will be;

1..................2...................everyone else.

I'm also pretty confident that it will NE.

Last edited:

Right, except that Indy team was a bit fraudulent in that it hadn't played an elite D and it didn't have even a GOOD D. This time, you face a Patriots team with a very good and improving defense. Best of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes