Welcome to PatsFans.com

Do People Actually Think It Matters Who is President?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by maverick4, Jul 9, 2009.

1. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Honest question, since there seems to be so much hatred for the President from those people not in that political party.

American elections right now are a fake puppet show, it's like professional fake wrestling.

All of the final candidates for Republican or Democratic party Presidential elections have already been weeded out by the elite. ALL candidates, from either side, are going to do what those in power want to be done in that next administration.

I don't even know when's the last time we had a President who wasn't a tool for the elite and special interest groups... Eisenhower???

Also, for Iraq War haters (including myself), the US was going into Iraq even if Bush wasn't elected. Look at how crazy could-have-been-VP Lieberman turned out from 2000-2008. The US was going into the Middle East no matter what.

2. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,010 / 41 / -31

#24 Jersey

NEP thinks it's everything ... and we're fools for not believing.

[​IMG]

3. efin98

efin98 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

When in doubt, blame the President...ignore Congress, the courts, the voters, the lobbyists, the celebrities etc.

4. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

When one looks at the past 50 years, I think an argument could be made that the guy who was elected President got in that chair for being the one who best promised to accomplish whatever a small group of people (not the American people as a whole) wanted.

5. efin98

efin98 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Keep believing that...:rolleyes:

Last edited: Jul 10, 2009
  6. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

in this instance, not really.........not for the course of this term........recessions come and go........difference is that the republicans would not behave as though the recession would go on forever if the country doesn't go and spend every dime on the planet

7. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +572 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

Mav...it DOES matter who is president. But, I probably agree with your assessement more than I disagree with it.

It "matters", but to an extent. How much does it matter? I think it matters a lot if the president possesses leadership ability. But in terms of sweeping changes, it doesn't matter that much. No president can affect them on a a permanent basis.

8. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +572 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

Are you referring to The New World Order members?:eek:

9. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +824 / 27 / -33

Have always ascribed to the belief that the inherent purpose of bureaucracy is to perpetuate itself.. the second part is most of what occurs in this country and its govt is pretty institutionalized.. so there are new cabinet members, new president etc.. the top often changes, but the implementers are pretty much the same..

The bottom line is that the trickle down change theory is pretty much just a theory... things take a long time to change, the rhetoric and philosophy changes, but the practice does not.