PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do others find Dierdorf and Gumbles annoying..

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarrylS

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
not sure if it is me, but found these guys more annoying than most... seems as though they were trying to anoint Harrington as the second coming of Marino.. kept focusing on how the Pats weren'd doing much and how great the Miami D was, while never mentioning how the Pats stopped their running game and even though they gave up some passing yards they forced three turnovers. Seems as though they were pulling for Miami to pull the upset as they deserved to win, the reality is that the time of possession was almost exactly the same something like 29+ minutes for the pats and 30+ for the Dolphins.

This was not our best game, but we won and we are going into the bye week 4-1.. the way Dumbdorf and Bumbles sounded we were 1-4.. maybe it is me, but these guys bug the hell out of me.. just about all do except Phil Simms.

Dierdorf and Gumbel >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dierdorf and Enberg

I didn't mind them.

Dierdorf is an idiot.

Seymour93 said:
Dierdorf and Gumbel >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dierdorf and Enberg

I didn't mind them.

I have followed Dierdorf since his MNF days. I thought he is goood.

No surprises there. I expected to find them annoying.

Dierdork is extremely annoying. He kept talling about how Harrington was playing SO GREAT!! Yeah, Dan except for the two costly interceptions he threw which gave the Pats 14 points. Other than that he was AWESOME!! Also, he kept talking about how the Pats were doing NOTHING and couldn't get anything going. True, Dan, except that we were WINNING the game, from the first play forward. He's an IDIOT. Gumbel is okay.

I don't mind them. I mean, they all suck, but these suckers aren't the suckiest.

You can switch the "s" for an "f" if you choose.

Dierdoff is usually so anti NE it makes me wanna puke, but I thought today he was pretty fair.

jaychamp said:
Dierdorf is an idiot.
He's a lot better than sportsline.com/nfl/scoreboard. You guys with TV every Sunday complain too much.

Nah, I like both of those fellows just fine, together or apart. There are many, many other broadcasting buffoons far ahead of them on my own personal hate list.

dr said:
Dierdoff is usually so anti NE it makes me wanna puke, but I thought today he was pretty fair.

I don't think Dierdorf is "anit-NE". He may sometimes be effusive in his praise for the opponents, but I don't recall his being "anti NE".

Also, Dierdorf went to the same school as Brady. So I can't see any reason why he would be anti NE.

Actually I was sitting there towards the end of the game thinking the exact opposite. I thought that they did a great job, and usually do. They seem to provide good insight, while making the GAME the most important thing. In other words, you don't realize how they were unless you think about it. Think about it this way; I remember a lot about the commentating from the 04 ALCS, and how terrible it was (joe buck and tim mcidiot). It's my feeling that the commentators shouldn't take away from the game. Buck and mcidiot do while gumble and dierdorf don't.

I wouldn't mind having them do all the pats games (either them or simms/nance). At least they get the names, ect...correct. If you think they were bad, just remember that in a week or two when you are watching "crosstalk" during a game!:bricks:

The play that really bugged me was the reception by the Dolphin receiver caught that was ruled out of bounds. And Dierdorf kept saying...."They could review, it's pretty close" "Does he have control of the ball".

I was yelling at my TV! It was bloody obvious. One foot down, then the ball touches down out of bounds BEFORE the second foot comes down. Was the second foot inbounds or not? I don't know. It doesn't matter. Once the ball touched out of bounds before the second foot touched, it was out of bounds. Incomplete.

The other subject that bugs me that announcers don't say when talking about challenges is if you fail on your second challenge, you are OUT OF CHALLENGES! It could end up costing you a touchdown or a turnover. Don't waste your second challenge on a complete/incomplete ruling. Getting it wrong could cost you the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back