PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do not want to start a rumor, heard a page for a Jace Amaro in Logan...

Amaro is not Gronkowski. Nor is he Hernandez. There is no logical reason to believe he'd upgrade the offense, and I want no part of him before 62.

I'm not sold on Amaro too, I would rather get ASJ or risk for CJF in the 3rd.

But if they draft him, it's better than not drafting at the position IMHO. With his numbers he has upside, can learn how to block from Gronk. 28 reps on bench press he is juggernaut.

Has anyone else noticed how 'quiet' Jace Amaro has been post combine. Almost no buzz at all that I've seen.

Yes.With TEs being like gold in today's game, Amaro should be going in the first round. GMs know how dominant the Pats' O has been with a healthy Gronk on the field and Amaro is the closest thing there is to Gronk out there (without the injury concerns).

I think Amaro is the #1 TE on a lot of teams' the boards. I don't really get all the Ebron love: seems like he's big, he's physical, but not much more.

We won 13 games last year without that "flex" tight end, and it's non-essential to our offense in the sense that we'd draft someone specifically to play that role.

As some have already said, I don't agree with the line of thinking that Amaro is just a flex or move TE and would be drafted as such by the Pats. It's absolutely true that he wasn't used heavily as a blocking TE in college and lined up in the slot quite a bit. Does that mean he can't block? Does that mean Belichick and Co. can't coach him into becoming a good blocker? Double negatory. It's not like he's undersized or doesn't have the measurables you want in a good blocking TE.

Amaro is not Gronkowski. Nor is he Hernandez. There is no logical reason to believe he'd upgrade the offense, and I want no part of him before 62.

Pats supposedly told Amaro that he fits in with their offense (his words).

Pats supposedly told Amaro that he fits in with their offense (his words).

That's not the issue, as I see it. The issue is whether or not he's worth a top-50 pick. My opinion is not.

Honestly if 2-3 TEs goes faster than ppl thinks, Patriots could almost be handcuffed to do something.

Honestly if 2-3 TEs goes faster than ppl thinks, Patriots could almost be handcuffed to do something.

I'm not so sure. Let's say they trade down into the mid 30s and don't believe in any of the remaining TEs as impact players. I think the offense would be better off taking a genuinely talented WR and settling for a day 3 TE like Crockett Gillmore or Larry Webster.

I'm not so sure. Let's say they trade down into the mid 30s and don't believe in any of the remaining TEs as impact players. I think the offense would be better off taking a genuinely talented WR and settling for a day 3 TE like Crockett Gillmore or Larry Webster.

What WR? Lets say they trade with Jax ( 39 ) - Eborn, ASJ and Amaro are off - Same with top 8 WRs - WHO is the "safe" pick? WR or TE.

What WR? Lets say they trade with Jax ( 39 ) - Eborn, ASJ and Amaro are off - Same with top 8 WRs - WHO is the "safe" pick? WR or TE.

Probably safety. Ward or Bucannon might be there. But a choice between CJF or Moncrief/Mathews/Adams/Landry/Bryant is no choice at all.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back