PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do I Misunderstand?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If what a former Patriots employee says is true then yeah:

And if everyone else refutes it, no one corraborates it, and the guy won't come forward and tell his story?
I guess if one of your co-workers said he saw you beating off in the mens room, it would be true?

3) and of course, the F-A-C-T that this "rule" the Patriots infracted only came into being in 2006 really lends a ton of credence to your "see!!!! cheating!!!back to 2000!!!".

the rule was "re-emphasized" in 2006. it stands to reason that the actual rule existed before 2006, otherwise it wouldn't have been "RE-emphasized". I don't know this for a F-A-C-T b/c I dont have old copies of NFL rulebooks handy, but I would wager the rule the Pats broke existed before 2006.

I think the letter basically said "hey you know this rule we have re: taping? well now we're going to take this really seriously, so cut the **** everyone".

cue Joker calling me a " hate filled pompous idiotic troll" instead of actually responding to what I wrote above

Last edited:
All teams might cheat but the Patriots got caught. If you cheated on a school test, would you say that everyone else was cheating so it was ok? The fact remains that the team that gets caught is the team that is punished and Belichick clearly got caught cheating or breaking an NFL rule if you want to view it that way.

Also, the Patriots not only video taped teams during games but during their practices which in my opinion is much worse since the plays they run in practice are the same plays they use during the game.

If I got caught cheating on a test and the kid that was cheating right next to me did not, but starting calling me a "cheater" and badmouthing me to all the other kids, you bet your ass I would make a deal of it.

When did the Patriots tape a practice? Link? Thought so.

I havent paid a whole lot of attention to this Spector bozo, but something I keep hearing is really annoying me.
I keep hearing about 'confirmation that this goes back to 2000'.
Yet, the only facts I have heard about that are that Goddell said Belichick thought it was legal IMPLYING he had done it all along.
That has now turned into Spectacle saying that there was evidence about 2 games vs the Steelers.

Isn't this a complete stretch and manipulation of fact? How does that guy really sleep at night?

Likewise, it has been thoroughly reported that the Patriots turned over 6 tapes from 06 and pre-season 07. How does that lead to confirmation that it was done at any other time?

I dont know that it really matters if, when or how often this was done. I could care less about it, its obvious that every team does whatever they can for a competitive advantage, there is no doubt that every team attempts to steal signs, whether done with video or not isn't a judgment on character but one of technolgical saavy.
But why would an elected official CREATE a controversy over something he has no true authority over, only to come out and twist the facts to sensationalize and most likely overstate it?
If it were a true magnimous gesture by a government official, wouldn't he walk out, and state the FACTS of what was said, rather than draw conclusions that support what he wants to cry about?

I just dont get it.

How does he sleep at night?

Andy, this is Arlen "Magic Bullet" Specter we are talking about. AKA Arlen "Scottish Law" Specter.

Although it's been pointed out that he is a lame duck who is not running again, that has never inhibited him and this type of behavior in the past.

Should we be surprised?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back